It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who else is fuming at all these hoaxers?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Well i started this thread so we can all share our opinions on these hoaxers. Now like a lot of you I'm sure i try and keep an open mind and i listen to all claims with an open mind but i am growing increasingly angry at these people who insist of creating there own little story and dumping it into our sea of conspiracy theories. There are 2 types of people i hate in this buisness, the people who lie and the people who just want to sell some books.

Anyway feel free to share your opinions and perhaps any famous hoaxes you could share with ATS to warn our good members.

Enjoy posting.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Im kinda annoyed about hoaxers aswell theyre was a thread a few days ago im sure alot of people remember it was about some guy claiming to be from 2040 sure enough it got alot of attention but when he postet in a picture of his supposed time machine it was a atually a little lego machine

which he tried to make look like some machine from the future it was a compete joke and he tried to treat people on here like idiots gladley people did see that it was a little lkego machine and it was quikly classed a hoax and i got really anoyed because its people like that that give conspiracy theorists a bad name

shame on all hoaxers

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by billyjoinedat2k8

yes i remember that 2040 story too. You could tell by the predictions he made that he was playing of theories already floating around and just adjusting the to his purpose. And when he tried to justify the Lego car as a time machine, wow. Anyway thanks for your contribution friend.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
What can you do, this board will always get them. Thats the problem we have is that even if real people come here, they will just be laughed at.

They say hoaxers are good to keep you skeptical, but not to sure about that. I would rather just have the truth.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I agree.

It's like the boy who cried wolf....one day a real alien or time-traveler is going to turn up and we will all laugh, because of the hoaxes.

As i said somewhere else, maybe jesus is in a mental home because when he came back, people just wouldn't believe that he truly was the son of god.... there are more than enough mentally ill folk claiming to be jesus/god et al.

[edit on 15/9/08 by blupblup]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Yep your right there, but i assume the leaders are watching out for such a person. they must use plenty of those people in mental homes for some weird stuff.

But your right there, anyone that out of character living in this world, will be locked up, and they will do there best to keep that person shut up.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Yes i agree completely. It is such a shame that we have these people tarnishing our forums. I guess these hoaxers feed of our good members will to believe.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I have looked into some of the mind control and drug testing stuff, but i think you're right.
I would imagine that some terrible and unspeakable things happen to folks locked up.

Sad huh?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Elemensa

The thing is to just ignore them, either that or humour them.
If they say that work at GL or Dulce...ask what floor are they on and do they know so and so.

If they are an alien then just ask specific things about gravity and anti-matter.. things they should possibly know but obviously as they are just some bored teenager, will not.

If it really bothers you, ignore them.
the thread won't work and they'll get no attention if nobody replies..

[edit on 15/9/08 by blupblup]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Can I say what I would like to do to them? *evil grin*

That would make a great thread all by its itty bitty self.

Yes I am VERY frustrated with all the hoaxers.. and would love to put an end to that garbage.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
There'll always be hoaxers. I say use them to improve our analytical skills and don't let them get to you. Some of them are really well done and prove very hard to see through.

They keep us on our toes.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

It's up to ATS but they seem to enjoy quantity slightly more than quality... but then it is user-generated so what can ya do?

*scratches head*

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Hoaxers seem to know far too much information, like they've got an answer for evrything which makes them easy to see. Let's be honest here, a fair proportion of us acknowledge that there is something pretty weird flying in our skies and some of us have seen these things. Even some of our governments admit to strange happenings but like the rest of us haven't really got a clue to what's going on up there. All these folk who claim to have all the answers are just plainly hoaxers.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Has there even been a whistle blower that got anyone convinced here, i have never heard of anyone?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Not whistle blowers so to speak, but folks such as sleeper and timedrifter had a following.

And i suppose a kind of whistle blower..Clifford stone also has quite a large following.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Found some very interesting videos on Youtube concerning Dr. Jonathan Reed's on-going alien encounter story. The guy seemed to have made his way onto the airwaves in Mexico, Japan, Europe, and also around the world. Makes me wonder why everyone is so scared to support this story even though fake websites continue spreading disinformation about Dr. Reed. Seems to people there are people on websites trying to tell people what to believe in. Like once after I post this my account will be shut down after a few raving skeptics come along. Which is too bad, because more videos are being placed up all over the place of Dr. Reed's story. More people will hear more about this story and thanks greatly to people who want to sweep this under a rug is all the more reason to continue posting this all over the internet. I want to personally thank ATS for allowing this thread to remain up and free for all to comment instead of locking up the thread. Thank You.

DR JONATHAN REED
-THE ARTIFACTDEVICE-
ODISEALINK.COM.
PARTS 1-10.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Now once the common regular regurgitating debunkers come along, I would like to ask in advance to explain their supposed beliefs on how they think all those people in these video clips are fabricating the story of Dr. Jonathan Reed. Please explain to me and others how you believe Dan McEvoy is lying. Give me details on why Dan McEvoys former military soldier would be lying on international television for Dr. Johnathan Reed. Please convince us of that. Then I want you to then convince us of CGI in 1996. And then convince us of why Robert Raith would lie. Please explain well he wrote the buck and he is lying for money. Then Im going to ask you HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT HE IS LYING? And when you cant answer that I will be setting up my next account to continue spreading the good word on the TRUTH OF THIS STORY. I also want to hear from your brain how you believe and think, if you even really think Reed is lying, HOW DID THE REED ORCHESTRATE ALL OF THOSE BODY GUARDS ONTO THE STAGE OF THIS TELEVISION STATION TO SHOW THE WORLD THE ALIEN ARTIFACT if you really believe its a hoax. PLEASE GIVE US A DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF EVERY SINGLE THING IVE ASKED YOU. AND IF YOU DECIDE TO AVOID EVEN ONE SMALL DETAIL IM SIMPLY GOING TO REPOST EVERYTHING BACK UP AFTER ABOVETOPSECRETS LOCKS THIS THREAD AND BANS ME.
Thanks for your cooperation.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
There is the Bigfoot hoax by the men from Georgia that was upsetting. They would post videos and make fun of the hard working Bigfoot researchers out there.
Then there is the recent security policeman who worked at Area 51 guarding aliens with "gills". I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, but his last video was the shark jumping moment.
The above two are ones I remember from this summer, and there have been more. It is upsetting to spend time and even defend these guys when they are mercilessly attacked. It makes one less likely to defend someone who does have a controversial story or event to write about.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter

Hoaxers seem to know far too much information, like they've got an answer for evrything which makes them easy to see. Let's be honest here, a fair proportion of us acknowledge that there is something pretty weird flying in our skies and some of us have seen these things. Even some of our governments admit to strange happenings but like the rest of us haven't really got a clue to what's going on up there. All these folk who claim to have all the answers are just plainly hoaxers.

I agree. No one has all the answers, and anyone that says they do is full of crap!

What is truly frustrating is having to sift through this rot to find the worthwhile footage. One might be not too far off to wonder if many of these hoaxers are doing so on orders to keep the field confusing and keep the ridicule alive in the field.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Ask yourselves this question.

"What do some of the hoaxers have to gain by throwing you off track?"

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
count Prophet Yawhe ( dont know how to spell it) and The Galactic Federation Of Light as annoying hoaxes too.

im sick and tired of seeing posts like these here in the board. it makes me real angry when they tell us aliens will show up on said day and they wont. its really frustrating for people like me who are seeking for the truth, truth that is taking too much time to be revealed.

<<   2  3 >>

join