It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project CTTL (Clandestine Tagging, Tracking and Locating project)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
This looks like a realy scary project:
blog.wired.com...

The Clandestine Tagging, Tracking, Clandestine Tagging, Tracking,
and Locating (CTTL) project goals are:

The Ability to Locate, Track, and Identify Human Beings and Other Important Targets

Directly Supports DoD’s Ability to Prosecute the Global War on Terrorism (GWOT)

Forces Require an Ability to Apply and Monitor Tags

Detect and Identify Targets Based on Their Unique Observable Characteristics Without Undue Exposure of Personnel to Risks and With Devices That are Sufficiently Clandestine to be Effective

Is this another Big Brother project ?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I wonder if this is the new weapons system that Bob Woodward recently alluded to?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have heard that the capability exists to shoot a small dart into the skin with a transponder. The injection would create a small sensation easily mistaken for an insect bite.

[edit on 15-9-2008 by clay2 baraka]

[edit on 15-9-2008 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
After checking this board on Woodward, I found another interesting Thread with reference to CTTL:

Top Secret killing program key in Iraq:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 15-9-2008 by hawk123]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Very cool..

Check out how that document ties into this article on Slate.com.

the tracking of human targets even when they are inside buildings or otherwise hidden from Predator surveillance cameras. Equally important, officials said, the systems have significantly speeded up decisions on when to strike. The technology gives remote pilots a means beyond images from the Predator's lens of confirming a target's identity and precise location. ... The technology allows suspects to be identified quickly. "All I have to do is point the sensor at him," said a military officer familiar with the system, "and a missile can be off the rail in seconds." The devices are roughly the size of an automobile battery, but are heavy enough that outfitted Predators in some cases carry only one Hellfire missile instead of two.

Wartime seems to bring out the best in the R & D industry.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

From your link:
Terminator 2: Attack of the Drones

Boom. Sept. 4: Seven people killed in a strike on Chaar Kehl, near the Afghan border.

Boom. Sept. 5: Six to 12 more killed in a hit on Al Must.

Boom. Sept. 8: 23 dead and at least 18 wounded in a five-missile barrage on Daande Darpkhel.

Boom. Sept. 12: Twelve more dead in an attack on Tole Khel.

Tracking invisible targets? Nonvisual identification? Miller and Barnes don't explain how the system works. All they disclose is that it "was developed as part of a special project within the CIA's Directorate of Science and
Technology."

Is this project already reality in Pakistan or IRAQ ?
This really scares me.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawk123
Tracking invisible targets? Nonvisual identification?

What if you could find some way to get a bunch of nano-sized RFID chips into a potential target? Maybe in the food supply some way? Or water?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I don't think its chips.

I think they focus a laser in the above-light spectrum at the person. The person's stuff and skin will continue to "glow" for a few days afterward, at a frequency that special imagers can pick up.

I think it uses IR or similar beams.

Remember the "heat beam" used for crowd control? The laser version doesn't hurt the person, but gives them a "tan" that is invisible to the eye but can be seen on IR TV.

Don't ask how I know it.

Please.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
at a frequency that special imagers can pick up.

Wouldn't that part of the spectrum be blocked by building materials though? This is described as working when the subject is indoors or otherwise out of the Predator's visual sight.

I'm no expert on the subject..but wouldn't that description require something from the higher end of the frequency spectrum?

[edit on 16-9-2008 by MrPenny]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

High quality IR, in ideal conditions, can indeed see through building walls. I think this is a frequency that doesn't occur in nature. So you don't need to see the person's face, just that he is giving off the heat signature you lased a group of insurgents with .

You can detect that someone in building x is giving off the signature you hit some insurgents with during an attack. You can tell he's in the bathroom. Not sure which stall, but the rockets you launch toward that building will get the job done regardless.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

Thank you...that's excellent, I didn't know that. In that case, a Hellfire missile is probably more than adequate.

I'll assume then, that it is possible to "tune" the signature on the fly? Possibly allowing for individuals in a group to be uniquely tagged?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
My understanding is that the frequency is digitally controlled. You could tag different groups or individuals with different frequencies, and then sort them out later, just like finding different frequencies on your radio "dial." (heh. I'm old enough to remember when radios had actual, physical dials.)

I think its real use is for espionage rather than for anti-personell use.

when you spot some isurgents, you tag some invisibly, then "let" them get away. Using your drone, you follow them for the next few days, noting every safe house, every contact higher up in the organization, etc.

Can you imagine, with this, and cell phone records, you could take apart a drug or terrorist network in just a few days.

Basically it is the microwave beamed weapon that was developed for crowd control. The thing hurts if they shine it on you, and you get an "invisible sunburn" from it. This system merely uses telemetry to create an image of the spectrum that your burned skin is giving off.

The burn probably wears off in a few weeks, like a regular sunburn. As far as "seeing into houses," that is standard intell boilerplate, to intimidate the enemy into taking pains to avoid this technology. Notice the claim is it tags inanimate objects. This is so the enemy wont try and develop a wetsuit that protects from the burn and can then be discarded.. . ..

I wonder if aloe vera sunburn gel does anything????

don't know, and they wont tell what the limitations are. According to them, every new tech is "God in a box."

all the baste.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

Im not sure about this specific application, but I do know the military and civilian goverment have an ultra-wide band (UWB) radar devices that is capable on thru-the-wall penetration for monitoring personnel and assets. From what I understand, the devices can use tags, but is capable of alot more than you might imagine. This is nothing new.. and has been out for a few years now. What they release to press is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of what can be done.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
It might be interresting to see chemtrails activity over these regions

some chemtrails sprayed nanobots will do a great job

infect the host, localize it when you need to with rfid, overkill it with a evil doomsday weapon of your choice.

top topics

join