It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nightterrors - demon attack? need advice!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Ok, I have had these thing called nightterrors during sleep for a while now. THey are not consistent, they are not a result of physical, mental, or emotional problems. Sometimes, when I sleep, I start being pulled into them. If you had nightmares as a child or you still do (I don't), you are nowhere near knowing the fear experienced during a nightterror. The fear experienced is not a result of anything in the dream, for ususally there is nothing but darkness. Occasionally, there will be faces and voices, but that is much less common. Also, my body wil start shaking violently. How do I know this? I "see" things in my sleep, as well as feel them. The last big one I had had my entire body thrashing. When I woke, my bed was still shaking. There are usually multiple nightterrors in a row, and I find myself being forced back to sleep, even though I'm wide awake. I also have mini-nightterrors, which don't last as long but still have the same effect.

I told one of my friends about it, and she told me that I was being attacked by demons. She said that I have something "going on that the devil doesn't like" and she told me that she knows what that thing is, and that until I fill that purpose, I will continue having them. She later said that she knew what this purpose was, and that she would tell me next time she sees me. Ever since then, every week, something gets in the way of me seeing her. Can't go to her youth group or church for one reason or another. So, I ask, why me? What could be so important that I would be attacked by demons? Advice appreciated!

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I would stop eating several hours before bed time, and stop watching scary television shows....

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Well friend if this is genuine then i am very worried for you. Although i would not pay much attention to your friend seeing as she may be avoiding you??
Although the whole demonic thing is something i don't quite buy into i still think it would be a good idea to see a priest or a religious figure just in case.

Good luck, Scott

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Wel sounds very scary those night terrors have u ever done white light meditation i think you you atleast try it its simple just imagine your whole body filled with white light everypart of you body maybe inside of a white bubble seems silly but trust me it actually works imagine white light in the insides of your body aswell everywhere.

hope i helped

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
When it all comes down to it...It's just a dream. I have had similiar events, but I knew why.

Ultimately I realized that they can show me my own severed head, or feed me human flesh, cut off my testicles and stick them in my mouth, but these aren't things that are in anyway consistent with my own life. Put me in the electric chair and pull the switch or make me have sex with the most atrocious snaggle tooth hag you can find. If they are doing this to you, you are already winning. They're just trying to break you down before they strike.

Question for you. Are you a passive cream puff push-over in your waking life? The demons in your dreams may be the true nature of the friend you can't seem to touch base with and seems to possess information you need. My experience with what many call demons are people that are in your life, known and unknown; People that you know mean you harm at more subtle levels of consciousness, but who block your vision from seeing them as they really are. She may want your life, but the time for her to take it hasn't come yet. Don't fret though, I've got you. They usually strike all at once.

Go into your dreams and fight back. It's very satisfying upon waking up. Also, clean your house. Literally. Its time to take out the trash. Books, Movies, Idols, etc.

[edit on 15-9-2008 by bruxfain]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I have a friend that has really bad night terrors. He has had them for a long time, sometimes a few times a week. I don't know how you feel personally, but I have seen it happen before. I'm not sure what causes this, but there is probably a logical explanation. Just remember that you are not alone.

Not that I would advise you to disobey the law, but after smoking marijuana for a while my friend noticed that he no longer had night terrors. Last year sometime he decided not to smoke anymore (his girlfriend was against it) and the night terrors came back. =/

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hi First,
I tried to post to this a few minutes ago, so if this turns into a double post, I am sorry. Basically, I went throught the same thing when I was younger (in my 20's). I got to the point that I didn't want to sleep unless I was on the couch with the t.v. on. The people around me at that time were very superstitious and they really helped to increase my level of terror by telling me I was being harassed by demons. I would experience horrendeous dreams such as being sucked down a black hole to hell with demons throwing knives at me, being pounced on by creepy little demonic things, or being cut open by aliens. The worst part was-it was so real! I couldn't make myself wake up, or if I did; I would be covered head to toe in sweat or I would wake up unable to breath. My body would physically ache the next day. I really thought I might be going crazy! Finally, I noticed that often times I would wake myself up at night by snoring (funny I know). I started doing research and found out about sleep apnea and sleep paralysis. Turns out, my throat would close when I was sleeping and that would deprive my brain of oxygen and that would affect my dreams. I began sleeping on my side (even used a tennis ball pinned to my p.j's to keep me from turning on my back). This stopped most of my bad dreams immediately. I was like a miracle. Also, once I started looking into sleep paralysis, I began to understand what was going on with my body as I began to go to sleep. It helped just doing the research on this because the experiences many people had was the same as mine. I suggest trying to sleep on your side (I know it sounds too simple to work, but it can if you have apnea), and checking into sleep paralysis and see if there is anything there that is similar to what you are experiencing. Sometimes just knowing what is going on helps. If all this fails, then I would urge you to speak with someone you can trust about this; like a pastor, priest or counselor. I know from experience how traumatizing this thing can be and I suspect it is not really Satan doing this to you, but instead it is physiological in nature. At any rate, if it was Satan, just invoke the name of Christ (I'm assuming you are Christian), and this should make it stop--because Christ has dominion over us and not the devil. I hope this helps. Good luck an God bless.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFirstForgottenSoul

I would get a CatScan and try to rule out a medical issue first.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I agree with you anonymous and the poster who suggests ruling out anything medical -

both posts gave very sound advice - Also psychological stress can cause these kinds of symptoms...when our mind is in an emergency state but we are not consciously aware of it, our body will try to alert us to the situation with dreams, night-terrors and so forth - Have had this experience myself...so a good physical check up and a few sessions with a therapist or a good counselor if you need to talk to someone...can work wonders...

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I would first do the simple things, such as white light in meditation. If that doesn't work, I would also recommend spiritual guidance through a trusted representative of your chosen faith.

A physical examination can of course never hurt, but I would highly recommend keeping the doctor away from the discussion of your friend saying it was demons. That kind of thing isn't looked upon too highly by the medical profession since it's not in their realm of expertise. Might wind up in a nice padded room or on one of the countless meds they like to throw at mental problems. I'm not a big fan of just throwing drugs (legal or not) at every issue, as sometimes it can just hide the actual problems instead of actually fixing them.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
are by any chance atheist or agnostic?

just kinda curious about that.

but i've read and heard of accounts of people that were really close with their spirituality. They felt they were close to God and or Jesus and many of them were attacked spiritually.
I can only assume that the closer you get the light, there may be some entities that will do their best to make that pathway harder to get to.

[edit on 17-9-2008 by enrage]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by justxxme

Right on!
Pot has lots of medicinal values, ppl just need to stop listening to the propaganda and start reading medical reports!!
It relieves anxiety, pain, nausea, it even shrink tumor growth!
You friend probably has some anxiety their not dealing with in their waking world.

PS. Beware of ANYONE that wants to convert you!

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Zombiegirl

Regardless of the medicinal properties you point out, I would still recommend attempting to solve the problem without any drug usage before turning to any drug, legal or not. I see no reason to introduce chemicals into the body before making attempts to explore the situation with your own abilities first.

I suppose that line of thought makes me someone you would beware of though?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I read every post before adding my two-bits. I agree that you want to eliminate any medical reason for it, however these night-terrors can also be deep rooted subconscious fears.

I learned to control my dreams at 15 years of age, that ultimately ended any change a nightmare had of scaring me, as suddenly the dreamworld was mine to create. Even if a dream got out-of-control and say I was eaten alive, or bitten by a snake, or mauled by a bear, the end result would be I wake up unharmed.

Dreams can scare us, but they cannot hurt us... and never ever forget, you are the dreamer. So dream well my friend and dream without fear.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Thanks for all of your answers! Never tried meditation, don't know how much that works. The whole dreams can't hurt you thing is true, I know this. There's nothing in these dreams besides the feeling of fear.

As for stress, I don't believe that this is stress-related. I've been under a lot of stress latley, and I haven't had a nightterror in a while. Not a major one, anyway. I guess it's possible that it might be mental, I'll admit that I have my fair share of mental issues like hearing things, urges to kill people for no reason, among other things. So, mental issues is defintiley not ruled out.

And under NO circumstances shall I EVER take drugs, especially illegal ones! I hate anything that puts me in an altered state of mind! That is my one and only fear, because they cause fear! I had to have my wisdom teeth taken out last year, and they gave me the wrong pain medication. It scared the hell out of me! So that is something I will never try.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
i'm not trying to be mean so don't take it wrong but i have similar experiences when i'm awake. i researched nightterrors and it says it's a sign of schitzophrenia. i don't think ur crazy heck i don't know u but thatseems to be a popular theory

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDemonHunter

Beware of The Demon Hunter lol!
Nah I believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion
so I may not agree with what you say but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
But I do agree he should get screened for psychological probs

I burn cuz I like it, it's relaxing and it eases the pain of a recently torn tendon in my hand. It's also not illegal here, and it's the only drug I do and have ever done. No chemicals or refining required, from mother earth right to you

I don't expect others to do it just cuz it works for me, and I never push it on my straight friends.
So I guess I'm saying that I'm open to what you have to say, I'd rather make a friend than an enemy any day.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zombiegirl
reply to post by TheDemonHunter

Beware of The Demon Hunter lol!

lol You would not be the first to say that.

Seriously though, I wouldn't want to impose my beliefs on others either. In these cases though, I really believe in trying to sort through things with only the gifts of our mind, without any drugs of any kind. I'm very tolerant of others' use or non-use otherwise though. Just never been something I've felt a need for, other than an occasional drink for recreation. I rarely even take any painkillers, unless the pain is insanely bad. That's another story though.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
It is now 3.30 am and i am up after comforting my wife who has just had a nightmare. In fact nightmare seems to mild a word for what she goes through sometimes.

All's that i could get out of her was that she was being taken down to the cellar (basement) again. This corresponds to real life events from when she was young. I have been married to her for 28 years and she will still not give me the whole story.

Anyway, she is a christian and a minister. Tomorrow she will become the new vicar in her own church after a ceremony led by the Bishop.

We believe that she is under attack at this very important time in her career. It's ironic that she is the person who is reccomended when people need to see someone when demons are suspect in a persons problems.
No-one it seems is safe from these personal attacks, in fact the more that you seek out God the more likely you are to have these experiences. that it how it seems to us anyway,

You can go to see a doctor by all means but don't expect them to have a clue what you are talking about. Well not if you mention demons in any way shape or form.

Try to see a minister who is knowlegable about these things and let him or her try to discern what is going on for you.

I wish you the very best in sorting out this problem because i know roughly what you are going through.

Cheers
John.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFirstForgottenSoul

hello veranda
i am sorry to read what happens to you but in the same moment i do understad very well what it means latly my nightterros has stoped but i dont know for how long my prot6ection will hold i tell you one thing try very hard to pray not because your need to because out of my owen experiance at is very possipol that you are being attacked by evel spirits or maybe i know that sounds wacky but by a dimon. try to belive in higher power grater than that what attacked you and have frankensence on your body befor you go to sleep it workrd with me right now.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join