It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Conspiracy of Missing Data.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
For something to happen once can be considered a sheer fluke or accident, to happen twice is coincidence. But, three time or more, that's a trend, and there is a definite trend emerging of personal data stored by public organisations being stolen. The British government should have MI5 or MI6 all over this (assuming it's not them delibrately stealing it), because right now Britain has a huge security risk that put it's citizens, and potentially the country, in huge danger.

However, be clear, the "security risk" argument has been used to pass laws which ordinarily would not be allowed, such as the patriot act in the US. It's a very clear tactic, used by governments and corporations for generations when you need to sell or impose something. First, you need to create the problem so people call for a solution, and you provide the solution that solves this new problem, but it's a solution you've had waiting in the wings all the time but could only provide once people were desperate to accept it.

It's hard to tell if this is the beginning phase of the government trying to force through these so called "National Identity" cards. The last time people had to walk around with such things was during WWII. It's a disgrace that a nation thinks it can propose such a system now when the country isn't under threat of war.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I think the UK version of that act maybe the Emergency Powers Act.

news.bbc.co.uk...
Civil Contingencies Act 2004/Emergency Powers Act 1920

The Finance Act 2008 Section 135 (Disaster or Emergency) Order 2008
came into force on 13th August 2008

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I think I know why all these data losses have happened.

They are deliberate, to convince the population refuse to go along with plans for a national online medical database and also a national biometric ID card/database.

The people behind it are the rich & powerful, the cream of our controlling class, many no doubt politicians and Lords themselves. Think about it, even the top aristocracy and royals will have to submit to any national legal requirement.

The last thing these lot want is their medical details getting out, showing their sexualities, STD's, abortions and familial mental illnesses etc, basically all the things folk talk to their doctor about suddenly becoming public, by accident, hacking, or yes, 'data loss'.

Makes total sense to me. And that's also why there will never be a full national DNA register -too many of our 'ruling classes' would be matched to DNA samples taken from old unsolved crimes (mostly rapes). That just wouldn't be cricket..

For once I agree with whoever is behind the wrecking plan. A person's conversations with their doctor were always meant to be private forever. The idea of any student-nurse or bribe-taker accessing your records for gain, character destruction or plain voyeurism is appalling -and it will happen.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Here's another one today:

"Up to 1.7m people's data missing"

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Yes another blunder, so the Government is scaring it self into another mess of chaos bringing a new order of tight regulations through self fear. This is no mistake, something is subduing these people like some hypnotic magic trick, too many coincidences here, I don't see France or America losing data like this. Maybe the UK wants to start the ID card schemes and start to microchip people since they population don't agree but they can not find an excuse.

news.bbc.co.uk...

An inquiry has been launched after a memory stick with user names and passwords for a key government computer system was found in a pub car park.

Subcontractor Atos Origin, which lost the stick, said there had been a "direct breach" of its procedures.

It said the matter was being taken "extremely seriously" but the integrity of the website, which is temporarily closed, had not been compromised.

Prime Minister Gordon Brown said the company would have "to explain itself".

'Strict rules'

The data breach is the latest in a series of embarrassing blunders regarding government information.

Work and Pensions Secretary James Purnell issued an apology on Saturday after he left confidential ministerial correspondence on a train.

Mr Brown said Cabinet Secretary Gus O'Donnell was sending out fresh instructions to ministers over how sensitive data must be handled.

"There are very strict rules about information being outside buildings and these have to be followed," he said.

"This recent case with a private company, where information about individuals has been lost, makes me even more determined that we will root out this problem about leaving things around."

Text

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Update 28 November 2008/

news.bbc.co.uk...

Mr Green, 52, MP for Ashford, expressed fury after he was questioned in connection with a series of confidential Home Office papers which have found their way into the public domain recently.

He was released on unconditional bail shortly before midnight without charge, but must return to face further questioning in February.

Speaking to reporters outside the House of Commons, he said: "I was astonished to have spent more than nine hours under arrest for doing my job. I emphatically deny I have done anything wrong."

Text

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Im thinking its some sectors of the intelligence agencies doing it on purpose in the uk...i dont know why...but i think they are lol thats my evidence

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Look at the Hutton inquirey, we found out the war on Iraq was based on false data and that scientist killed him self because it all went pair shaped.

I think both Bush and Blair were deceived by intelligence and it looks like the people running the show is not the Government afterall, maybe its the judges because they decide the fate of the law and so do the police. Now the police are arresting the Government officials / Marshal law maybe?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The missing data frantics is currently calmed down now, it is not heard as much these days, well apart from T-Mobile which passed on information to the other brands. Who is behind it all, it is like some entity or infiltration of the UK to either start a war from within or people in general just hate Great Britian and they will do this on purpose. Data is not the only thing missing with these people it seems.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Staff at mobile phone company T-Mobile passed on millions of records from thousands of customers to third party brokers, the firm has confirmed.

Details emerged after the firm alerted the information commissioner, who said his office was preparing a prosecution.

Christopher Graham said brokers had sold the data to other phone firms, who then cold-called the customers as their contracts were due to expire.

A T-Mobile spokesman said the data had been sold "without our knowledge".

[edit on 25-11-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Sounds like some savvy anarchists throwing a last wrench in the gears of the New World Order.

Consider for a moment the types of information that have been left. The private info of the men who rode the banking crisis to its crest, the private information on prison wardens, criminal data being 'lost', top secret files being left around.. I'm betting that many of these were no accident. It wouldn't even shock me if they were leaking data like the pipes under London and these are just the ones that we get to hear about.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by Jackboot.Heel]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
What i can not understand is how the government can lose laptops.

There are many way with the right programs on the computers to track laptops (or even desktops) and even wipe all data remotely.
www.absolute.com...
www.mylaptopgps.com...

You can even track flash drives and Encrypt them with military-grade 256-bit AES block cipher.

www.itbusinessedge.com...

What i don't understand is why governments don't require this on all there computers.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Or Civil servants, oh but they still expect to recieve thier big fat bonus cheques at the end of the year. While we the ordinary Citizen, suffer, have our details, lost or passed on to other companies without our knowledge, as, was in the article of, individual staff members of a telecommunications company, passing on information to, other telecommunication/mobile phone companies without thier customers, agreement or permission.

Some cheek dont you think!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
It is like they want to induce a war of information so it incites trouble, this will lead probably to ID cards and other technology in which we will abide to once chaos has broken lose, the puppeteers upstairs zapping people's thoughts.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join