It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common Sense Perspective of The US Debt, Opinions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This thread is started, from a post I made in mybigunit's thread over in Global Meltdown. It felt important to me, to get some more attention to this idea. And, get debunked... Or maybe agreed with. I think this is what has REALLY been going on. Simple as it is.

So it's all over ATS, and the news, in general.

Right now, government bailouts are RAMPANT. Banks look like they are going to fall. The American people are passive as ever, watching from a distance and feeling only too happy to pay their part(aka taxes). However legal or illegal forcing a tax on the American people is, is not significant to me right now.

I am sure I was not the only American to watch in shock and awe as the American government's spending consistently has been rising FAR ABOVE, and BEYOND, what tax payers bring in.

They have UNLIMITED amounts of money to bail out huge corporations that they see fit. They have an UNLIMITED war budget, as we have seen. They have UNLIMITED funds for "black", or secret branches of government and projects. Not to mention, their own salaries, being as they have just been expanding the government for a long time now, not depending at all on how much funds are "available" to them.

Is this making any sense so far? The government has UNLIMITED MONEY! The tax-payers don't bring in nearly enough to cover any of this spending, except "interest".

I don't believe We The People have been paying their salaries, for their wars, or for these bailouts, in a long time. I happen to think that US government has been a cover, for allowing a few select individuals do what they want.

Since their spending has gone so far ABOVE and BEYOND what taxes pay in. It's obvious to me then, this is why they are not accountable to the American people, and are allowed to do as they please. Perhaps it's the FED that is funding all of their projects or some elitist somewhere. All I know is it's NOT the American people, and that is why they are not accountable to us.

They do as they please, and spending is FAR above what taxes have brought in, for a long time. Just seems to me, with everything failing, this is obvious.

They don't care about the economic conditions for the rest of us at this point. Indeed, they can afford to get rid of us.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Well, there's definitely been views... I am just surprised nobody has an opinion on this.

Whether silently agreeing with me, or leaving the thread in laughter because of how silly I sound.

www.abovetopsecret.com... - billyjoinedat2k8's new thread about life without money.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
If they want to leave us out, we can go back to the basics, bartering. If they want to leave us out of the loop then we will leave them out of the same loop. If every American stopped, and grew their own food and traded for the necessities, then their money would mean nothing. Its time for a revolution. againstt the greatest enemy America has ever seen. Itself!!!

[edit on 15-9-2008 by acewilliams]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
So I'm guessing the census from this thread being looked at, but laughed off, is that I am seperating myself from MY liability to this country. Instead of the other way around, them removing their liability to us?

I have posted about taking on the IRS, and since, done loads and loads of reading about the issue. I don't think Taxation Without Representation is moral or right, and there are many people who Volunteer to pay taxes, or not.

I admit, that it has come to the point that I couldn't afford to, even if I wanted to. They realize this, the fact that you cannot squeeze blood from a turnip because some Americans are hurting right now. It is obvious(to me) that this government does not depend on us for money. All they really need for us is stay quiet and let them do what they want.

You, acewilliams, are giving Americans an option they don't have. The true patriots are dying off, and the current generations are bred as cannon-fodder to these wars.
Most were raised to just go along with the system, and whatever they decide to inflict on us.

The Vietnam Veterans are dying off. There is still some hope in their sons, knowing they have the right to arm themselves, and know when things are not right.

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=4992977#pid4992977 (U.S. Senate Passes $612 Billion Defense Spending Bill) is more of what I mean. They have unlimited resources to do what they want, with or without us. We are no longer fronting the cost of any of this. However, their unlimited money for their wars and 'projects' only manage to make the rest of our currency worthless.

They know America has lost its' ability to fund itself. It all has to come crashing down someday. Perhaps before it is too late ?

EDIT: Typo... Still might be more..

[edit on 19-9-2008 by LostNemesis]

top topics

join