It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air-Raid Sirens Where I Live.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Hey what the hell is going on over here man? One of those bomb air-raid siren thingies have been going on off and on for the past 15 minutes or so. Sounds kinda eerie like we're being invaded or something. What the hell could it be? Sounds like those German air-raid horns, or those ones heard in Baghdad when the U.S. started bombing it.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Where do you live? US-UK-Australia?
The circus????

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 03:19 AM
link   
That sounds weird? Where do you live also can you see the actual siren from your home?

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Well I live in the U.S. in Southern CA, and nope, I can't see the sirens, just keep hearing it every few seconds often for quite some time now.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   
You see anything in the skies? Planes? UFOs?

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Do you live near a army or airforce base. There is a airforce base out here and they test the sirens sometimes but its not for a long time and mostly in the mording

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by 10DeadInside10
Well I live in the U.S. in Southern CA, and nope, I can't see the sirens, just keep hearing it every few seconds often for quite some time now.

Turn on the TV? Radio? Gone outside?

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Well it's stopped now. Weird shizz.

But nope, I don't live near any type of base and didn't see anything in the sky but black. I DID hear a truck that sounded like it was backing up, with the little beep thing. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Maybe it's a test. Here we have those sirens on every first monday of the month on 12:00. Those do not go on for 15 minutes though.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 05:01 AM
link   
once we had air raid sirens going off for 20mins, i couldnt work out what it was and i was freaking out, then i found out the primary school(ages8-12 for those who dont know)That i live near were having a fire drill, the funny thing is i used to go to the same school

lol, it is scary when you hear somthing like that, it brings out the fear lol.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
It could a be a test, a severe weather warning or an accidental discharge.

Many of the old sirens used to work from a control panel at the base, you could break into them with a large stone or hammer and turn the volume right up.

Air raid sirens are never turned off, the volume is simply turned down.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I live near Indian Pt. in New York. The siren by my place goes off once in a while when they test them. Scares the hell out me. Hate the sound of those air sirens ....theyre creepy
--Kristine

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Every saturday at noon is when the AFB by my house lets them sound. Kind of creepy, but a good thing to know that if some stuff was going down we would have a heads up.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
our sirens went off a few months ago, we were raided by a freakin tornado

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
yeah, maybe they were just testing a tornado siren. they test ours here the first saturday of the month at 1:00 PM... the one near my grandma got stuck during the test, and didn't stop until the repair crew came after about 40 minutes. it could have been something similar to that.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I think it was a test , too. Just last week, 7 days ago, I heard the same thing and it scared the crap out of me.

considering the fact that the source of the siren was from an important naval facility, and also that nothing happened (however, I did have painful visualizations of being surprised with a shockwave while fixing my car and hearing this thing) affirmed my suspicions of the air raid siren sounding being just a test.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
About two summers ago there was a "malfunction" or something in the civil defense warning jigger around here. It was creepy hearing the warning on TV. Especially while the movie Armageddon was on. Not that I think the movie is scary or something, but it sure helps my imagination run wild about things that can happen.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   

do you have a volunteer fir department any ware around? if so thats what the uses to call all the fire fighters in. we have em in nebraska, and you hear em alot, espically on the 4th of july, we also use em for tornados.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Hey what the hell is going on over here man? One of those bomb air-raid siren thingies have been going on off and on for the past 15 minutes or so. Sounds kinda eerie like we're being invaded or something. What the hell could it be? Sounds like those German air-raid horns, or those ones heard in Baghdad when the U.S. started bombing it.

Oh geez, I live in So Cal too. If I heard that it would sent me into a fit of panic! I would be hiding under the bed, gathering up my cats!

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
That must have been super scary.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join