It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the great flood described in the bible just be global warming.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I got this idea because a while ago i was watching a programe i think the name was something like "Earth under water" but im not 100% on that but on the programme they was saying the earth has gone through something like all the ice caps melting before and i thouth immediately about the flood and noahs ark.

I dont believe that the flood happened exactly the way they said it though i mean i dont believe that all of the earths living things died like they said in the bible or that they got 2 of every animals on earth and maybe it didnt happen in 7 days like they said but i think a massive world wide flood is possible if you melt all the ice caps

i do believe that the bible is true though but just not the way they said it i believe that they tried to make certain experiences sound a lot better than they was.

Heres a desciption of the great flood i found on the net.

The sky was turning gray, and Noah thought to himself, “It looks like rain.”

And so, with one, big last push, he got that reluctant elephant up into the ark.

Whew! 100 years is a long time to work on one job!

Noah sat down by the door of the ark and wiped the sweat from his forehead. At last he was finished with all that God had asked him to do. Noah was 600 years old when he did all that God asked him to.

Seven days went by, one for each day it took to make the word God was about wash clean.

And then the flood came.

“Now it’s time for you and your family to get into the ark!” The Lord said to Noah.

So Noah and his wife, and his three sons; Shem, Ham, and Japheth and their wives; all got into the ark. Then the Lord himself reached down from heaven and shut the door.

Water poured from the sky and rushed up from the ground.

It rained.

And rained.

And rained.

The Great Flood had come.

Lightning flashed. Thunder crashed. The winds blew huge waves across the water.

The water lifted the giant wooden boat from the ground. It lifted it above Noah’s house. It lifted it above the trees in his backyard.

The ark tossed in the storm above Noah's neighbor’s house, above the whole town, and everyone who lived there.

It rained for forty days and forty nights.

It rained so hard that Noah’s ark floated above even the highest mountains. There was no dry ground left at all.

And everything that breathed on the earth died.

What terrible things happen when people sin.

And taken into account global warming has rapidly increased possibly by natural causes but likely by human causes but if it was natural causes that means it could happen again aswell.

Half of Greenland and vast areas of Antarctica are destined to melt if global warming continues at the same pace until the end of the century, scientists warned yesterday. Their research shows that the loss of so much ice will trigger dramatic rises in sea levels, ultimately swamping low-lying regions of Essex, Lincolnshire and Norfolk and threatening the flood defences of cities such as London, Liverpool and Bristol. The last time so much ice was lost from the poles - in a period between ice ages 129,000 years ago - global sea levels rose by four to six metres.

Experts believe many coastal regions would suffer long before sea levels rose significantly, because even a minor rise will make storm surges more devastating and increase the risk of flooding. A rise of one metre would in effect close the port of London as the Thames barrier would need to be raised for 300 days a year to protect the city, according to one scientist.

www.guardian.co.uk...

this is just a thought im in no way saying that this is going to happen and kill us all because if it did happen before then we obviously survived anyway but if the bible stories are real then i think the flood could be explained by global warming and from what ive seen in the world today global warming gets real bad real quick.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
IMO the reference in the bible to noah getting 2 of every animal on his ark , is almost a metaphor or somthing. I believe he had help of different beings to get the dna genetic make up of a male and female of every animal.
That much dna could be stored in an ark ( possibly spaceship ) but knowing how many animals and species there are, the ark would have to be as big as texas to hold them all.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Bloody great flood that landed a boat on a mountain. Anyway, Atlantis is now fault lines and Red Sea is whirlpools, with a touch of Tsunami. Believe what you will, but there is always a story to tell in the tide......

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
The flood came when the fountains of the deep broke open, along side the rain.

This earth is currently destined to be judged by fire.

new topics

top topics

join