It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What could this be?!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

Please Note: this in no way reflects badly on the OP who posted this image as I am sure any one of us would.

Oh, I agree. I dont think the OP was trying to hoax or mislead.
If anyone saw a random picture and some "object" in the sky....of course they would think UFO and come here

We are just doing what we do here.....trying to figure out what the heck it could be

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Allow for motion bluring which would distort the shape and size when being photographed, along with being at a different distance to the object on the floor and it could look like this:

The lower object is taken from near your friends foot and quickly stuck in the show similarity.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Ok thank you i am convinced now so it was probably something similar to the object in front of his feet that flew in the air(probably kicked) at the exact moment the picture was taken.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

The EXIF may look intact, but I have never seen a camera with a date and time of "0000:00:00 00:00:00", even a camera without batteries for the clock would start counting again when turned on.

Also, the program I use, EXIFTool, has this to "say" about it.

---- ExifTool ----
ExifTool Version Number : 7.34
Warning : [minor] Possibly incorrect maker notes offsets (fix by -366?)
Warning : Bad NikonPreview directory
Warning : Invalid PrintIM header

That makes it even more suspicious.

The photo itself looks strange, although I can not say what I find strange in the way it looks.

If it was a cut and paste job was well done, there are no visible traces left, but with a little care that is easy to do.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Agreed about the time but in all honesty this is not the first time I have seen a erro in time and date, normally this info can be edited anyways at some point down the line so I tend to ignore it if theres nothing there.

I am pretty sure we have got to the bottom of the image, the OP is okay with the result and its hopefully been educational to those that dont normally get involved in image stuff.
Thanks for the input though Buddy

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I'm no photo analyst, OP, but I think it's a remarkable photo. As others said, I think a doughnut-shaped craft would be silly, but who knows?

At 400% zoom, the edges appear to be rounded, unlike, say, a washer. A torus of something. At high zoom, the pixels appear to me to be somewhat consistent with the background, and is more blurry than the foreground.

As I said, I'm not adept at recognizing the features which apparently scream "Fake" and "photoshop" for some. Thanks for sharing it ;o)

Maybe Internos will take a crack at it.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Good find. The light reflection looks different than the object at the friend's foot, but otherwise very similar.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join