It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What could this be?!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

They do look very similar tarifa

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Well, we have this so called "expert" here. (You can't just look at it and say, hey that's really, [really] fake looking?)

Look at the shadow on the left side towards the bottom, look at the color inside the donuts hole.

Look at the whole "composition" of the photo. It is staged.

Observe the character of the person posting, observe the person in the photo.

You might be an expert in something, but it's not in the field of determining hoaxes.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Easy there tiger, I merely commented on the picture itself. It contains no information you would expect from something that had been edited. I do not know what it is in the picture and I cant see anywhere in this thread where I said the 'claims' of the OP are for real.

I dont claim anyhwere in this thread that I am an expert either so try and get things straight before having a pop at me. Kinda puts me off getitng involved in any other pictures here at ATS if I am going to get this type of response each time.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

All the EXIF is fully intact and by this I mean I have info from the original image that you normally would'nt need or be able to edit. I use professional EXIF reading software that would clearly tell me if this was the original image or one thats been edited to add the shape

If you are an knowledgeable on this, then you surely know there is now software that allows you to completely change EXIF data.

I'm not saying this is what happened here. I don't know one way or the other.

But unfortunately now, that is not a sure sign of legitimacy anymore

[edit on 9/17/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Hey mate, That was 'amongst' the software I used. I agree that EXIF can be edited (to a degree) but the reader I used reads data fields that are'nt normally available for editing and in turns provides extra information about the image.
I have nothing to gain or prove by misleading anyone here. I was trying to help those involved.

[edit on 17-9-2008 by StarTraveller]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
because i hold the more pristegious ufo casefiles close to my heart. i dont worry weather or not im being bamboozled by a photoshoped picture.

my gut reaction is that this photos is real. the fellow in the photos looks to be genuinely in the moment. no hit of hoaxing in his expression..yes i know its impossible to tell but i actually look for such tale tale signs.

the OP knows (if hes smart) that a hoaxed photo doesnt make a profit and should actually encourage those who view it to delve further into the phenomena.

i think its a good photo and there will be more good photo's to follow in the near future.

thanks for sharing

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
For whatever its worth (*shrug*):

"ufo" enlarged....then Only brightness/contrast (2nd) and shadows/highlights (3rd) adjusted....

I think its safe to say...........not a chinese lantern

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
interesting photo... and who knows what an alien spacecraft would actually look like but...

could it be this ?

www.simply-balloons.com...

[edit on 17-9-2008 by easynow]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarTraveller
reply to post by tarifa37

They do look very similar tarifa
[/quotYeh that was my thoughts as well.To be honest Im not sure what I got in my vid as what you see in the vid is what I saw on the day so I guess it could just be a mylar balloon, funny shape though.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Hello again,

You bugger Leo, got me checking it again and tbh I still maintain that this image has not been edited and if it has then the CIA/FBI are deffo involved

I didnt just use the EXIF reader, I ran this through Adobe Photoshop CS3, Adobe Lightroom, DXO Optics Pro 4 (Was worth a try) and I see nothing in any of the above thats screams 'Edited'. The distance, placement, light at the point in space (Where the object is) can all look different and thats not including the possibility of something in and on the lens/camera body that again can mess with shadows/highlights or how they look in the final image.

I will await the full res. version and we can go from there

for all I know, it could be the guys wedding ring thats fell off as he ripped the sign off the roof

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I wasn't referring to you.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38

I wasn't referring to you.

ah okay my bad, love you

>>

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Why is the enlargement from "greeneyedleo" showing a very pixelated area around the ufo, when it's background is smooth?

(Apologies for my less than polite posts earlier here.)

[edit on 17-9-2008 by Electro38]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Once more,the photo is not edited in ANY WAY.I have nothing to gain from a hoaxed photo.Here is the story behind the photo.My friend Stefan was fooling around on a top of a building,then he put the pictures on his myspace profile believe me there is a series of photos of him doing stupid stuff on the rooftop i noticed the object in this one while i was looking through his pictures and i told him to send me the original photo so i can put it on ATS and see what people think of it.Im i grown person not a prankster and once more i have nothing to gain from lying to people here,ive been a member for a year and i mostly read lot more than write but i began doubting this community since there are so many people calling me a lier and a hoaxer for just putting a real picture,i think you should go and write on whats your zodiac sign or similar topic that you are really "expert" in.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Ive sent you the original picture you can do with it whatever you like,if you know how put it here in its original size.I wonder how the "hoaxer" will react.At least im not claiming im from 2040

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by adnachiel21
Once more,the photo is not edited in ANY WAY.I have nothing to gain from a hoaxed photo.Here is the story behind the photo.My friend Stefan was fooling around on a top of a building,then he put the pictures on his myspace profile believe me there is a series of photos of him doing stupid stuff on the rooftop i noticed the object in this one while i was looking through his pictures and i told him to send me the original photo so i can put it on ATS and see what people think of it.Im i grown person not a prankster and once more i have nothing to gain from lying to people here,ive been a member for a year and i mostly read lot more than write but i began doubting this community since there are so many people calling me a lier and a hoaxer for just putting a real picture,i think you should go and write on whats your zodiac sign or similar topic that you are really "expert" in.

In your original post you said:

I ask for your opinion.

And that is what people have done. Given you their opinion, per your request. Sometimes when we ask for opinions, they are not always what we want to hear. You really have to take the good with the bad - especially here at ATS where we are continually being hoaxed and crappy pictures are being posted.

And the analysing of the photo is absolutely to be expected here and should be welcomed. You can not take offense to people picking it apart or opening it in Photoshop (as I did) and analyze it better for everyone to look at and give an opinion.

And nobody is calling YOU a liar/hoaxer....because this photo is not even YOURS....so relax

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hello,

Here's the full resolution image.

Kinda looks like its between the Camera and the Person

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Hello,

It does look like the exact object that is laying on the ground in front of his left foot
Didnt even see that before

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Hello,

It does look like the exact object that is laying on the ground in front of his left foot
Didnt even see that before

Is what I am now thinking, also didnt see if before. I have been messing in adobe as ya do and put that object up near the original suspect object and similarity is remarkable.

I can imagine them being thrown about and one bouncing off the sign as the image was taken.

Please Note: this in no way reflects badly on the OP who posted this image as I am sure any one of us would.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
only the object lying in front of him is a lot smaller.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join