It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ouija, weejee or Spirit Boards..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
With all the posts about Ghosts, spirits and such like, I did a quick ATS search for Ouija Boards but it came back without any results.
So my thread is this..
Has anyone tried or had any results with one?
I was joking with my Wife about getting one and trying it out, but like so many people she seems to fear them, probably from the negative media attention about them.
SO please post any results you've had, but please NO stories about others experiences and DEFINATLEY NO made-up BS stories about contacting Elvis or evil Demons please.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

So how did you search for this?

because, just to help you out....i also searched the term and found many, many threads on the subject.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I would strongly recommend you not to use the ouija board, it is the doorway to the bad elements into home and disturb you for the rest of your life, but if you want to use it make sure you follow the procedures accordingly and take care that the spirit leaves the location.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I typed Ouija in one line , and spirit boards in the other line on the ATS search page but it returned no hits, maybe it was just luck or a typo on my part...

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Well i hope the search i left a couple of posts up helps.
Looks like there are over a hundred threads on the subject.

I'm not going to say do or don't do it because i believe the choice is yours but a friend of a friend many years ago killed himself after he got too into Ouija boards so be careful if you are going to do it.

spirits can be very deceptive and will tell you what you want to hear in order to come through...

Take care, Blup.

Also don't use the search page, use the bar/tab at the top right of this page.

[edit on 15/9/08 by blupblup]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
Has anyone tried or had any results with one?
I was joking with my Wife about getting one and trying it out, but like so many people she seems to fear them, probably from the negative media attention about them.
SO please post any results you've had, but please NO stories about others experiences and DEFINATLEY NO made-up BS stories about contacting Elvis or evil Demons please.

So in other words all you want are positive stories that fit your view of what you want your wife to think about it. Am I understanding this correctly by your assertion that any story given must not include anything you would deem to be made-up or BS? I don't have any details that I'd like to share with you, just curious about what you're really looking for here by the way you phrased your request.

I've seen sessions that were good and bad, and many were questionable in nature as to whether the users were physically influencing the outcome. The more interesting ones that took place were not friendly in nature, and the "fun part" was when the answers started coming with nobody touching the board. I think my friends burned the board that happened with soon after though. I think the last time any of my circle here used one was probably close to 15 years ago.

Just like any other open communications media, you're as likely to receive messages/information you want from boards as you are messages/information you don't want. That holds true for both Ouija or the internet.

The difference here is that I would not recommend using a Ouija board if your wife has fears about them. Her fears may seem trivial, but that emotional energy could bring exactly what/who you don't want.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Actually I want all posts about 'Genuine' experiences good or bad. I just don't want kids or people with 'limited' intelligence making up stories just to get a post on. I would rather it was well written with soul (pardon the pun) rather than written like it was done by a 10 year old with nothing better to with their time like " I tried it once and now I'm haunted by the devil , poor me "etc....or stories like " my mate tried it once and it scared the hell out of him".
Normally people can tell when other's are BS'ing.

Hence the post....

And I try to open my mind to ALL possibilites for both good and bad energies when using any Wiccan or Witchy paraphenalia , I also understand that using a board ( or any spell casting) with 'negative' feelings, energies or intentions will have detrimental effects on the end results.

So all I'm asking for is if you've had a genuine experience please post.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I would rather it was well written with soul (pardon the pun) rather than written like it was done by a 10 year old with nothing better to with their time like " I tried it once and now I'm haunted by the devil , poor me "etc....or stories like " my mate tried it once and it scared the hell out of him".

I'm sorry that you find somebody killing themselves mundane and pointless in your little thread, I was only trying to warn you.

You know what, go for it....nothing can happen...it's all scaremongering and BS and anyone with a bad word to say is just a little kid.

Also, you should maybe try taking on board what people say....it could end up helping you

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

I would rather it was well written with soul (pardon the pun) rather than written like it was done by a 10 year old with nothing better to with their time like " I tried it once and now I'm haunted by the devil , poor me "etc....or stories like " my mate tried it once and it scared the hell out of him".

I'm sorry that you find somebody killing themselves mundane and pointless in your little thread, I was only trying to warn you.

You know what, go for it....nothing can happen...it's all scaremongering and BS and anyone with a bad word to say is just a little kid.

Also, you should maybe try taking on board what people say....it could end up helping you

Where in the post does it say anything about I don't care about someone killing themselves? There's no mention of anyone taking their own life.
And I'm open to all replies, All I'm asking for is the truth about experiences people have had, not a discussion about the aspects of is it right or wrong to try a board.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
[mo tHEY WORK, BUT ITS NOT RECOMMENDED TO PLAY WITH THEM. A spirit can haunt you if you contact any....my story will freak you out if you knew...

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faerygirl1984
[mo tHEY WORK, BUT ITS NOT RECOMMENDED TO PLAY WITH THEM. A spirit can haunt you if you contact any....my story will freak you out if you knew...

Then please tell us of your experience, don't be shy or afraid . I put this post up for all replies with genuine experiences..

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Well as only myself and one other person mentioned anything about ouija boards and that person didn't mention a friend being scared to death , then i would have to say,although not directed at me, your reply was aimed at me.

as i said it was a friend of a friend and i did not know the person directly.

But after getting heavily involved with ouija boards, this person became extremely reclusive and very depressed and hostile towards his friends.

Eventually the person hanged themselves and they were 19 at the time....this is 10-15 years ago now, but the point is relevant... BE CAREFUL!

[edit on 15/9/08 by blupblup]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Sorry BlupBlup My mistake I hadn't read your earlier post and I'm sorry for that and your loss. ( I'd missed it ) .

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

No worries

As i said, i didn't know the person directly so it' not my loss.
But i thank you for your compassion and i only ask that you take care, that's all.

Stay safe my friend

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Well lets just say that my dad has told me my whole life that my mother passed away. I was always sad that she died, and never got to meet her. When I was about 11 years old, (Im 24 now) I was playing with a ouiji board and wanted to contact my dead mother. I asked "where is my mother?" thinking it would say "here" or "heaven" or whatever. It spelled out "alive". I couldnt believe it. I was like "yeah right! this is so gay" Ok, so lets rewind to about a month ago, I got a letter in the mail from the state of Illinois saying my mothers guardian was trying to contact me, and that she is alive in a nursing home, bedridden. (she tried committing suicide and had a stroke). It gave me chills.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Blup, you want a real life story huh? hows about this one.

Back in 1997, I attended a boarding school here in Alaska called Mt. Edgecumbe High School. Myself and 4 of my friends from various parts of Alaska heard that a student had aquired one of these boards and we had arranged to borrow it one friday night. Now, a few of us had read up on the occult and how to use a board properly a few days before we borrowed it. We wanted to have all of our bases covered so to speak. Anyways, my 4 friends and I trodded off to an old condemed dormatory that was called Penrod Hall at about 2:45am, supposedly haunted, and decided to contact some spirits in a room that a student back in the 60's had hung themselves in, just for the spook factor. Anyways we had formed a protective circle and proceded to attempt to contact the spirits supposedly haunting the old dormatory. At about 3:15 or 3:20ish, we had made contact. At first we were all sceptical, and thought that someone had to be moving the reticle around the board. At the time we had all swore that none of us were moving it and continued. We began to ask a miraid amount of questions regarding the other side and continued with our questions for about 45 minutes. We asked things that only a spirit would be able to verify, like lost loved ones, stuff we had hidden around campus, and things of that nature. It seemed fun because we started asking some really off the wall things, you know, like if anyone in the room had crabs or herpes, kid stuff. After a while we all started experiencing head pressure or what felt like pressure on our temples. After that we decided we had enough fun and wanted to get back to the boys dorm for some much needed sleep. We attempted to close the board, and proceded to ask the spirits to leave, but unbeknown to us the spirits didn't want to be done. One of my best friends, who I'll call "Joe", started to become really irrate, cussing and ranting at the board, calling the spirits names and such. Now my friend Joe is a really calm, clean cut kid, came from a great family and all that, he just got mixed up with the wrong crowd (us). We were all in shock because he was never ever like this, I mean if you punched this guy in the gut, he would eventually smooth out whatever the problem was and you would end up being a friend of his.

Anyway, I digress, after a while we all started getting pretty worried at this point, because we didn't want to leave him with the board alone, and we tried and tried to close the damn thing, but still the spirits persisted that we stay, It kept saying it wanted to show us something. It never got into detail about what it wanted us to see but kept telling us to wait and we'll see. After about 20 minutes of this nonsense my other friend "Ray" said "to hell with this, lets just leave it here and get back to the dorms, the residential aids are gonna know we're missing." We all agreed that we'd come back the next day and pick it up and started to pack up to get back. No sooner than we were at our entry point, we heard things, I say "things" because not a one of us could recognize or describe what we heard, coming for us. At this piont we are all white as ghosts and trying to get out of the old dorm, picture 4-5 guys trying to cram out of a small boarded up window scared sh*tless. Needless to say we all got out fine, later on that next day "Ray", myself, and "Joe" went back to Penrod during the day to retrieve the board. When we got to the room we were playing in we could not believe our eyes, the damn thing had burnt a perfect circle in every spot where we were all sitting. We decided to bind the board and buried it way off campus. Just about every year that goes by "Ray" and I talk about what happened and the last trip he had here to his home town (I moved here in 2006) he told me he's been having flashback nightmares about that night, that whatever we were supposed to see is visiting him.

I recommend not playing with it, EVER

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
i wasn't there when this happened but i do recall this one story my friend told me about his experiences with a Ouija board. y'see you're supposed to have good lighting while you use one of these and he only had a candle lit room in which he was trying to contact any spirits who lived in his house on account of his understanding that his house was haunted. when he began the process in which you use one (funny thing is I've never used one and have wanted to since childhood) a gust of wind blew open the second story door of his room and blew all the candles out. he felt immense feelings of dread and was in his words "freaked the f@#$ out"

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I tried it once at my friend's house as a young teenager. I was always paranoid about using one but we had a big sleep over and I felt comfortable enough to use one. It seemed pretty real to me but then again I was young and my mind was very gullible back then. We did the typical by asking "it" questions and got some pretty creepy responses. The "spirit" or "demon" claimed that he would appear to us in the room at a particular time. We were too scared to check but it definitely put chills in my spine.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Faerygirl1984

That is spooky. Did you go visit her?

I had a board in my late teens. I don't remember any real problems or anything scary happening. I think it was just the typical adolescence questions and nonsense.

I did call a protective circle, thanks to my spiritual beliefs, every time I used the board.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This guy makes some really awesome inlaid spirit boards. Real works of art:

www.fantoms.com...

I don't think they would be any better or worse than a regular Ouija board you can buy at a toy store, but they sure are pretty.

The thing is, even if the danger is all "in your mind," it doesn't matter. It's still dangerous. If you intend on provoking this stuff, then you need to do some good research and get yourself some protection, including some talismans, a pentagram ring and a leather bota bag, and so on.

You need to at least convince yourself that you have power over these things, because if you don't, your fears and uncertainties will probably get you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join