It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is this board full of non-believers?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
As per the thread title, what the hell?

If you are close minded or don't realise aliens exist, why are you posting on a forum titled Aliens & UFOs?

I have come to the conclusion that these board members are:

1. aliens that don't want to be found out

or

2. Government people trying to discredit any UFO related stuff that comes up

[edit on 15-9-2008 by The Dave]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Both are absolutely ridiculous conclusions.

Perhaps some people actually think things through and think about them objectively.
A blurry photo does not equal proof.

Anyway, it's good to have opposing views and is actually the point of a debate or discussion forum.

Also there are a lot of skeptic bashing threads already, perhaps search before you make a new one?

Thanks, Blup.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
How about...

3. people who would like to see real evidence, but are often disappointed by hoaxes, photo-shopped images, fake videos and outright fabrications.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Both are absolutely ridiculous conclusions.

You thought that was serious? Hahaha...

[edit on 15-9-2008 by The Dave]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by The Dave

So what was the point of your thread?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I wasn't serious about the conclusions...

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Dave
As per the thread title, what the hell?

If you are close minded or don't realise aliens exist, why are you posting on a forum titled Aliens & UFOs?

I have come to the conclusion that these board members are:

1. aliens that don't want to be found out

or

2. Government people trying to discredit any UFO related stuff that comes up

From MHO. Its threads like these that make me skeptical of the existence of ET.
No truth.
Only claims.
Attacks on questioners.
Assumptions.
Inference.
Ignorance.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
This board is different from the rest in my opinion.People here are not going to just blindly believe anything that is put in front of them; they will discuss and study then make logical conclusions based on the evidence shown which is usually very poor evidence.To accept something purely because someone on a you tube video says it is real then what is the point of having a board like this in the first place. That would make this board like all of the rest with no real substance.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
or 3. -- and this is how I see myself -- as a skeptical believer. I believe there are "others" out there. I'm not convinced they come from other star systems. For all I have been able to see evidence of, they might be from somewhen rather than somewhere/extradimensional, or even from our own planet. There is some evidence that suggests to me "they" might've been here long before humanity.

I am skeptical in that many claims are made here and on other forums, of direct knowledge of these beings. I would like to KNOW also, and the process of sifting through the tons of information is best augmented with a healthy dose of skepticism and reasoning. Some claims seem to have some validity, and others seem to be created for a form of entertainment. We currently lack any concrete proof of their existance, however the weight of evidence is enough to convince me they DO exist.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Maybe I was harsh saying skeptics, but there is a thread in this forum called "UFOs and Aliens aren't real" or something like that - it got to me.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Maybe I was harsh saying skeptics, but there is a thread in this forum called "UFOs and Aliens aren't real" or something like that - it got to me.

Perhaps you should provide evidence to the contrary....?

Perhaps as you said, instead of attacking, you show them exactly why it is that YOU believe....

That is the best way IMO, rather than just getting in a fight or argument.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I don't consider myself a non-believer. I just want some extraordinary evidence to back up an extraordinary claim.

The whole UFO/Alien area is loaded with fraud and crap with just about everyone involved looking more for money than real proof.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Or people like me who don't want to believe a seagull is a UFO.

See, a skeptically minded person is one who likes to rule out any other possibility before they believe in something, would it not be dumb to think something is this, when it is really that?
People once believed the Earth was flat.
People once believed kitty cats were the spawn of Satan (bad times for cats)

I am trying to make a point here but I just started on my coffee, so I'm a bit fuzzy, I have this week off

I believe in UFO's because I saw one, even if I didn't I still would believe.
But if someone showed me a picture or video of one, I'm not going to believe it's a UFO because I want to believe that. I will be believe it's possibly one if I rule out all possible hoaxing.
Do you want to believe a hoax is the real thing?
Some people want to believe so bad that they don't believe in hoax's!

Besides, about 90% of UFO material submitted to ATS is proven to be FAKE, that leaves about 10% that leaves us scratching our heads.
I'll take the 'about 10%' and start believing they are possibly UFO's.

I hope I made my self clear?
Why believe a hoax is the real thing? (the last line says it all)

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
ATS is not about believing. It is about finding the truth. It is about denying ignorance. If you blindly believe in anything without proof... that is ignorance.
People argue facts to find truth. I see that as wisdom.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Even if it were true that this board is filled with "non-believers" as you describe them; it remains one of the few places I can assure you that people WANT to see your evidence and WANT to examine the claims without qualification.

Many are simply frustrated and impatient with the same low quality, redundant, things that are presented - mostly by newer contributors who innocently post the images and videos not realizing they have been discussed or seen before.

Also, many, including long timers, seem to fail to embrace the truth that NO definitive proof can be shared via the internet. Digitizing and compressing video and images inevitably alters them, opening up lot's of room for criticism.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Like I said I didn't mean to attack the skeptics, it's the people who straight out believe that there is nothing out in the universe.

I don't believe any video or photo I see of a UFO instantly, things are so easy to hoax these days.

I guess things change when you have your own experiences.

Toad you sound like my old highschool teacher :\

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I wasn't serious about the conclusions...

So are we to assume that this was a poorly contrived troll thread then? Though you appear to be taking steps to back away from your original statement, it's dismaying to read your incredibly narrow understanding of ATS and it's members.

May I suggest cooling down or thinking rationally before posting next time? We are portrayed and remembered by our contributions.

IRM

Edit To Add:

reply to post by NephraTari

Spot On NephraTari! Very Concise!

IRM

[edit on 15/9/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I thought some people in here might have a sense of humour, that's all

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I thought some people in here might have a sense of humour, that's all

No that's you back-tracking mate because your original comments didn't break the mass appeal you expected. If we were to now judge your new comments by the precedent you set in your Op, This is Aliens & UFO's, not the humor section!

Humor does not equate to marginalizing half of the members here at ATS. You may not like these statements but that's the truth my friend!

IRM

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Fair enough Dave, but then your OP is WAY off! I think you will find there are far more blind believers here than blind skeptics. In truth there are very few blind skeptics here, the rest are like me and and the majority.. we are interested and think it is possible but need proof and are hoping that proof comes soon, but we don't fall over ourselves gasping at every hoax thinking its real.

[edit on 15-9-2008 by NephraTari]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join