It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My speculation over some current events happening in Britain.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Okay, first of all, this is all pure speculation, no real evidence, no proof, just pure speculation. So please don't ask me to provide proof or evidence, I don't have any!

Basically, with current world tensions, possible attacks on Iran, possible war with Russia(?). Civilian speculation over conspiracy's within the western governments over oil, war profiteers ect, economy slumping, and so forth, I have been thinking about possible realities of some of the strange things happening recently.

I've seen a lot of threads on here about possible upcoming attacks on Iran. Russia threatening Poland with nukes. Numerous threads about world war three, America saying war with Russia could be a possibility, and so forth.

In Britain this week, we've had a couple of strange things happen, which of course could be completely explainable, or could they be something else?

Firstly, we've had the channel tunnel fire, the tunnel has been shut down, and people can no longer travel through it.

Then we had big tour operator, XL shutting down, and numerous other airlines shutting down, or talking about the possibility of shutting down.

We've had ports declaring they can no longer go about their normal travels, and they too, seem to be slowly shutting down.

They all say it's because of the current energy crisis, they no longer have the funds to operate, and cannot continue business as normal. This seems like a fair explanation, or could it be something else? Or is it only a half truth, and it's only half of the reason?

My speculation is: Could it be possible that the government knows about an upcoming war, and are slowly shutting down people's way's of escape before it all happens? We've been hearing more and more about it recently in the MSM, the government must know people are getting worried. Is it too far out there to think they'd try to stop people from escaping before things come to the push?

I'm not sure, but it's been rattling around in my brain, and I thought it would be worth bringing up to see what others may think about this.

As I said, I'm not declaring that this is true, and I have no real evidence to point towards it as being true. What do you guys think about it though? Could I be right? And if I am, what could we do about it?

Shall we all group together some supplies, and build an Arc just in case?

Thanks for your time.

GodForbid.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Damn...

You almost read my thoughts.... I dind't post anything in fear of being accused of paranoia.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

It's good to know I'm not the only one thinking about this.

I too was worried about being called paranoid, and that's why I worded it fairly carefully, I'm not paranoid about it, because I'm not sure it's real or not. That being said, if a lot more of you are thinking about this, maybe there's a reason to be paranoid!

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Well I think you may have it twisted.

War is upon us because it is expensive to travel.

The economies slow down because the cost of oil is higher thanks to Asia and India economies who can afford it due to their exploding economies.

There is no conspiracy, only the consipracy of how the dollar in your pocket works.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by '___'eed

This is what I meant by the half truth. I'd thought of and understand what you've said. This is what their actual excuse is, and as I said, it could well be true.

It's just strange, things like the channel tunnel fire happening at the same time, it seems like all routes of escape are being closed down.

Thanks for the input!

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodForbid

Firstly, we've had the channel tunnel fire, the tunnel has been shut down, and people can no longer travel through it.

Yes they can, it was reopened on Saturday.

Then we had big tour operator, XL shutting down, and numerous other airlines shutting down, or talking about the possibility of shutting down.

Exactly, tour operator. The airline only carried people to and from holiday destinations as part of package holidays.

In other words, neither event has in any way curtailed our ability to leave Britain.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Didn't know the channel tunnel had reopened! That's good, and lays to rest my worries.

Thanks a lot!

It's the exact reason I made a topic, to get a reply from someone who can lay my worries to rest.

Good job and thanks!

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
It doesn`t help that we have a prime minister who appears to be dead from the neck up.
That being said his entrance into no10 was overshadowed with bombs and floods.
How a leader copes with a disaster in the country he rules over determines how good a leader really is.
But did he have a chance?Is there a reason for the lack of communication?
Sorry to get sort of political but it is times like this that we need our prime minister,to reassure but nothing like that is happening and it can only mean that we are in a pickle and our leaders and m.p.s are too busy arguing with each other when they should all join together to reassure the public.
Sometimes i think that they would like the population to end up with nervous disorders,or pharmaceutricals to help them cope with life.

Also to add to your list is that the london stock exchange went down last week,15 minutes before opening and became live half an hour before the end of the day.That seemed suspicious to me also.Was that an attack?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
It seemes to me that the governments appear to be going out of their way to make travelling around the globe impossible. In some ways, particularly in the UK, the price of petrol and diesel is such that people cannot easily move about their own country.
Call me paranoid but it's almost like they are trying to clamp us down into specific areas! Limiting our ability to move freely. ..
Isn't this the way communism started in Russia?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

This is exactly what's been going on in my mind for that last few months.

My initial list has been debunked by the guy who told me about the tunnel reopening, but you've just opened up a bigger picture.

You have a good point, and it's actually quite scary. Albeit not as scary as my first list hehe.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I worked in the airline industry, and they are closing routes and declaring bankruptcy because of sky rocketing fuel costs.

And usually, the routes are often taken over by another airline if it is profitable. So routes are not really being constricted.

Its just the $ OIL.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Anyone seen the new Government tv adverts for immigration/employment? Now, one part of me thinks, - so, yeah, that's a good idea, letting employers know they have to comply with certain laws on employing people from foreign countries. However, it would seem that employers, business owners etc should be required to know this and why the need for a tv campaign, surely cheaper just to do a mail-out to business owners.
Do we have a government trying to send EVERYONE a message? Fortress Britain anyone? I wouldn't think anyone's trying to keep us in, likely more to keep others out. The socio-economic climate seems very grim at the moment, think we're gonna be heading for more war "It's good for the economy...".
There seems to be quite an ugly undercurrent in the mainstream media, subtly (?) right wing and seemingly becoming more so...
What happened on Hitlers' rise? In the time coming up to him getting in power?

Just some ramblings...

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

I know and I agree with you and most of your points. It's definitely looking grim, but what can we do?

Is there anything we should do to prepare for this? I would be seriously willing to go ahead with my Arc idea if things start looking worse.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

This is exactly what's been going on in my mind for that last few months.

My initial list has been debunked by the guy who told me about the tunnel reopening, but you've just opened up a bigger picture.

You have a good point, and it's actually quite scary. Albeit not as scary as my first list hehe.

Your initial idea over the Channel Tunnel hasn't really been debunked. Now they've had a fire those in charge will introduce new laws and regulations and the price of using the tunnel will rise greatly putting it out of reach of ordinary people. We are all having the screws turned on us. I think this is why the government refused to help with the rising fuel poverty issue. They wont do anything about it because the problem has been artisticly manufactured by them.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Yes they can, it was reopened on Saturday.

The one thing that bugs me about the fire in the channel tunnel is that it happened on September the 11th.Coincidence? Also as far as I know they have not said how the fire started.Now Im sure Im just being paranoid but could it have been an attack that has been hushed up? (euro tunnel have only recently started to make a profit,the last thing they need is an attack on the tunnel that would scare people away from using it. ) I was in France on the day of the July tube bombings and we had to travel back through the tunnel two days later.The missing bombers were thought to be still at large, and security was very tight that day with them using a bomb sniffing wand poked inside all of the cars(i have never seen the wand since and have been through the tunnel a few times.) I think I may be too suspicious for my own good, however we do live in dangerous times,and they would just love to hit the tunnel.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Strange times, like most of my friends, I'm seriously worried about the economy, my job even (retail management), sales are down, all the customers I talk to are economising, cutting back, cutting corners.
I make ok money, I'm pretty comfortable, so I'm tucking some money away... and yes, I'm having to work harder to meet my targets at work to do this.
I don't want to sound like some kind of scare-monger, but I think society is really being "managed", the "educated workers" are being ground into submission, the ungovernable masses are maybe being set-up for prison camps and of course the ruling-class, well, they'll be ok.
I think we could potentially be in the right civil situation for a lot of unrest, it'll be interesting to see how we handle it.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

You've made an excellent point, and really given me some food for thought! Thanks!

Originally posted by jokei
Strange times, like most of my friends, I'm seriously worried about the economy, my job even (retail management), sales are down, all the customers I talk to are economising, cutting back, cutting corners.
I make ok money, I'm pretty comfortable, so I'm tucking some money away... and yes, I'm having to work harder to meet my targets at work to do this.
I don't want to sound like some kind of scare-monger, but I think society is really being "managed", the "educated workers" are being ground into submission, the ungovernable masses are maybe being set-up for prison camps and of course the ruling-class, well, they'll be ok.
I think we could potentially be in the right civil situation for a lot of unrest, it'll be interesting to see how we handle it.

I really hope you're wrong hehe! I too am struggling being the opener of a new business (landscaping) I have no money tucked away, and I'm really struggling atm. I can only hope that things will get better.

The scary thing is, it looks like the government are doing parts of it on purpose, so, like many others, I'm scared for my life (not murder) but how to live if things carry on the way they are.

Thanks for all of your inputs.

[edit on 15-9-2008 by GodForbid]

new topics

top topics

join