It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DO NOT Leave The Waterpark With The Wrong Kid !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
This is a little embarrassing, even stupid when I look back on it.

I only had five kids to keep an eye on, and there were only about thirty little rug rats running through the sprinklers and fountains. But a lot of them were in the two to three age group.
It was getting close to 6:00 PM and I started herding the crew together.

Well I figured if I came with five kids I was going to leave with five.
My only mistake was not leaving with the same ones I walked in with. :shk:

After I dried the kid, wrapped a towel around him, and put him in the stroller, this lady is trying to take him away. We get into a little argument and I honestly thought she was nuts.
My bad...........

I really didn't know the three little ones very well, they were cousins of my neighbor's kid.
But that's no excuse.

Mine was sitting on a towel beside the bench we put our stuff on and I was just about to walk off with someone else's child. If the mother hadn't intervened I would have walked away with the wrong kid.

I feel a little stupid, but I had to share.

Can we put some sort of RFID chip in these kids so we can ID and track them ???

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Eish lol, That must have been very embarrising and could have got you in to some trouble in this day and age,

But thankfully you ended up with all the right kids lol,

I know here in the UK its 1 adult per 2 children at pools and water parks,

anymore and you have to have more adults with you,

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

Oh my lol, good thing that kids mom was around, you could have been charged with kidnapping!

I remember when I was younger we all piled up in the car almost leaving Magic Mountain without my lil sister!

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
HA HA HA...thats funny - luckily the mother has been around...

some years ago i almost forgot my little brother in the "kids paradise" in some shopping-centre...

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I need to try this out. my son can be quite a terror. maybe I'll swap him for someone else.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Definitely Crakeur, trade up if you can.

The legal ramifications never even crossed my mind at the time. I could just imagine what people would have thought if I actually left with the wrong one.

It could have been a lot worse, but the mother of the mistaken child did get a dried boy back and I had to go get mine and repackage him into the stroller.
With everything going on, kids running around, they're all hyped up on having fun, mistakes can happen.

You could always take black markers and put a number on them, but RFID chips and marks on anyone is just creepy and Orwellian.

Maybe I should just pay better attention, and one thing for sure....
I'm not going back to that park for a while. :shk:

[edit on 15/9/2008 by anxietydisorder]

top topics

join