It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why aren't the candidates talking about the bank collapses and future economy?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Originally posted by whatsup

Remember a couple of months ago he said the we were in a "mental recession" and said we needed to quit being whiners? And folks say that him and Palin are in touch with America.

Americans are in more a state of "mental retardation" for even considering a clean shaved Santa with no gifts
They are in touch allright... in touch with emptying peoples wallets

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
McCain is claiming the fundamentals of the economy are sound. He's clearly not qualified to be the next President.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
******* because the candidates now are fnally talking about the banking collapse, I reposted a review of what they said and my commentary in a new thread with a more accurate title to encourage responses that better reflect the turn in events ***************************

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks everyone for your replies to this one. I read all of them and glad to see everyone made their points...

[edit on 15-9-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
ugh...this sooo makes me mad..
don't get me wrong i LOVE fact that someone brought this up..

but i hate how it's true haha they don't even talk about what they will do for us. they never do they just talk "smack" about eachother.

can't the people be like we don't want either of these candidates haha
or someoen ask them the question as to do what they would do in an economic crisis?

ugh i hate how everything is all fear driven. they should so keep it real!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Why? Because no one in government is in control. They are pupets to a few.
Was this planed?
Click the link below and listen to:
From 9-11 to 9-15,
Black Monday strikes America
michaelsavage.wnd.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by wutone
reply to post by Bunch

I don't get it.

Corporations need to be taxed so they won't have the money to go oversees?

That is a very simplistic conclusion to everything I have said and presented so I wont even bother answering this.

Actually corporations move oversees because it isn't profitable to run operations in the U.S. anymore. It is easier to pay someone $2 per day to make junk than it is to pay someone 20$ per hour.

And I already said this.

If there are any complaints about this, read the label and buy Made in the U.S.A.

Agree 100%

[edit on 15-9-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

They talk about it quite frequently.

Why do you think they dont?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Too busy with their "Ego Trip"?

Or, could it be, that they are both "Elitists", out of touch with the real problems the "average American" faces? Maybe, they are so rich they don't have to worry about the economy...

No, I just think they haven't got a clue on how to fix it...
Seems to me that American, an European, economists and leaders, are having a tough time dealing with the spread of wealth, and economic growth, on other parts of the globe (China, India, and Brazil). Japan's economy also seems to be going down the drain...

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
reply to post by skyshow

They talk about it quite frequently.

Why do you think they dont?

Really? - Well McCain basically says there is no problem just work harder sissies, and that he believes in America, move along. Obama more or less says yes the economy is somewhat rough now but he can fix it once elected by somehow spending even more money we don't have.

That is called avoiding the issue or to put it another way they are lying through their teeth. Now I suppose to the average blissfully ignorant American they must basically hear don't worry about it - just vote for me. If you are satisfied with those answer's then you are one of the above.

If they seriously talked about how bad the problem is there would be a panic - we are facing a depression - even Greenspan is basically admitting it now - calling the current crisis a once in a century occurrence.

Bottom line is the good times are over - America, and Americans themselves are HEAVILY in debt. The debt will be paid one way or another through taxes or inflation. There is no escape no matter how much anyone wants to make it go away.

They are trying everything imaginable to keep the economy from completely imploding before the election but they are failing, and in fact are making the problems even worse in the process. You get the government you deserve- well we are going to get it alright.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
this is not related but some in this thread made a good point what if a huge percentage of people in our country didnt vote at all. I think something like that would be a good start that just because your in the spotlight dosent mean were voting for you

[edit on 16-9-2008 by twistingtree]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join