It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Issues with the Issues thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
This thread may be get closed and directed to the Issues thread, but I hope it doesn't before people get to have thier say. Assuming there are like minded members out there.

I fully understand why the issues thread exists, but when a thread is posted like one that I did today Inconsistancies with Moderators and is subsequently shut down and the poster ushered to the issues thread, the main point kinda loses its impact and potential momentum as it can get lost within a (at the time of writing) 34 page thread.

This questions forum is great, and again, I understand it is not a forum for gripes etc, but maybe there could be an 'ATS Issues Forum' instead of an 'ATS Issues thread'

There is no point looking since it has been closed, but the thread linked above has had 2 flags and I have received U2U about it which tells me people want to discuss it further or hear more about it.

For the record, I have no issues with the mods that closed the thread, and I also told them that I understand the reasoning so I hope all is well between us.

[edit on 15/9/2008 by VIKINGANT]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I can see the sense in leaving it the way it is VIKINGANT.

When a member has a gripe toward ATS,it is imo best to either use the complain function or post in the ATS issues thread.

If you post it in the issues thread your guaranteeing your concern will not be overlooked by the admin/staff,where it could very well be missed in a thread of its own and will be looked into.I mean that by how often SO has responded in the issues thread.

Creating board drama is for good reason minimized,as any company/org etc would do, so that it functions to the best of its ability,whilst leaving a big door open to voice concerns where you can still be heard by all and be responded to by the top people here.

So many times these same complaint type threads come up,where (I mean no offense) people have little to no complaint to make and no amount of discussion will change their mind that they are hard done by,it only reinforces to their mind they are right,even when they are clearly wrong,because relevant people aren`t agreeing with them.

But some do agree because something similar happened to them and it turns into a snow balling drama fest.Riots can happen like this as well for little to no reason and can create damage to themselves and others.

Your words "potential momentum" ,you want to start a mini riot? or be heard by the staff?

At least the way it is you can channel your grievance to the correct people without starting an unnecessary riot/board drama.

The inconsistancies with Moderators will happen,because they are all different people,heck one mod maybe inconsistant to the day before,simply because they are human.But 99% of the time imo get it spot on right and when they don`t suck it up or use the complaint function so it can be looked at/into.

Come on fellow Aussie,come on.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Interesting since just today someone did post an issue on the issues thread with inconsistencies of the mods heavy handed tactics as opposed to the way they cater to others and the post was removed as a sever t and c violation and the member apparently banned or shamefully quiet about it.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Please dont get me wrong on this. I mean absolutley no disrespect to the Mods or any other staff. They do a great job, and I understand the difficulties they face interpreting the T&Cs etc.

I guess I was just trying to point out that it is not easy to get it right, and it does sometimes causes frustration and confusion for the members. IE If they do something once with the apparent 'OK' by mods and then reprimanded for the same thing later by a different mod.

I know we do have a right of reply if we do not agree with the descision, but I have asked in the past and have had no responce by certains mods, but have had others be incredibly helpful and have had the descision reversed. Inconsistant.....

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 666Azrael666

I think your referring to VIKINGANT post in the issues thread?

Thing is as I have heard many times by the staff/mods when action is taken as in banning etc the decision is not made by one mod but discussed by many,I can`t imagine it being discussed for minor infringements such as excessive quoting/off topic posts etc,but when it is serious enough to have more heads look at a problem.

Which is where I think VIKINGANT is referring to inconsistencies that he see`s in the moderation occurring,from what I can gather from his post in the issues thread.

[edit on 15-9-2008 by gps777]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

No, that is not who I am referring to at all.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

I agree with you, i think there should be an ATS Issues Forum as opposed to an ATS Issues Thread.

The issues thread is just way to long to read through, and i agree it is too easy for the issue itself to get lost in a thread that contains so many issues.

I went to read your thread yesterday and it had already been closed. No offence intended toward the staff, or administration, but when i see that it makes me think that they don't want theses issues to be disscussed.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
If you want Admin attention on an issue you can't beat the ATS Issues thread. For general queries Complaints/Suggestions get the attention of the whole staff. With that in mind this thread is closed.

top topics

join