It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DELETED by Author Can a MOD delete this please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Im sorry wrong idea was passed about this topic, Deleted

[edit on 15-9-2008 by AusChiLLi]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Well, aside from giving credit to aliens what people themselves were pretty damn well capable to do themselves...

These aliens of yours were fairly lazy, eh? We've been around for a few thousand years, in terms of civilization.
There are several million years seperating us from dinosaurs.
It's mroelikely the aliens just didn't like them, maybe they smelled bad or something, than they did it for us.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Im not saying I believe this, I am just saying that the possibility is deffinately up there...

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AusChiLLi

Im not saying I believe this, I am just saying that the possibility is deffinately up there...

Well, the possibility is definitely 'up somewhere'. but I don't think that I'll stay awake at night trying to find supporting evidence for this.

What is happening to ATS these days, with people posting just plain ridiculous topics.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
For future reference, man, if you want to post a idea next time, put it in Skunkworks. I know it has a bad rap, but it's where you put stuff for consideration versus debate.
Personally, it doesn't make much sense. There is a possibility that some of the bipedal dinosaurs could have reached sentience, probably much sooner than we did.
Why destroy the possibility of sentience in the next thousand years, in favor of sentience in a few million?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
ridiculous topics? as my first post i was hoping for something a little more then ridicule , I just had a thought and wanted to see what you think about it, nothing more than a thought, i wanted other opinions on the topic. obviously i see that it might not be correct but from what i have read on other threads the chance of something along these lines is possible.

Some how I am getting taken the wrong way about this!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
It certainly seems somewhat plausible, except for the fact that there is circumstantial evidence that humans existed at the time of the dinosaurs. If that were so what would be the point of a Mass Extinction event if you were trying to populate earth with humans yet are trying to blow them up at the same time?

Originally posted by ChChKiwi
What is happening to ATS these days, with people posting just plain ridiculous topics.

Dude this guy is new. Cut him a little slack. It's nowhere NEAR as bad as some other threads I've seen posted eg: threads about some bloody Galactic ship landing in Las Vegas and some git named Yahweh as the prophet. Compared to threads like THAT, this one is completely sane.

[edit on 15/9/2008 by Kryties]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AusChiLLi

Don't mind these guys, you must understand this is ATS and it is inherent among it's members tgo be skeptical and call out hoaxes. This means that some people, particularly with controversial topics, will get nailed to a wall by other ATSers trying to determine fact from fiction.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AusChiLLi
Im sorry wrong idea was passed about this topic, Deleted

Awwww. Dude that's not necessary.

Shame on you ATS'ers. Shame.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Can a Mod please deleted this thread please, Thank You

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Ah, come on now man, you didn't have to delete the thread. And no, a Mod will not delete it.
It was an idea, and true, I do find it a bit silly, but it still made me think a bit.
Like I said, a topic like this would have faired better in SkunkWorks, next time you've an idea like this, post it there.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   

You only have yourselves to blame. Auschilli was only trying to put forward theory he had on ALIENS (funnily enough he put it in the ALIENS forum). It is up to MODS to determine what fits into what forum, not the members.

So like I said you only have yourselves to blame. You jumped the gun and now you have offended a new member who is unaware of the intricacies of this site. Well done, pat on the back for that.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Now hold on minute mate, don't put this on me, this was his idea on the first place, and all I did was point out the large gap between humans and dinosaurs.
I asked if aliens destroyed the Dino's in order for us to evolve, why when there's a half decent probability that they would have evolved sentience theirselves?
Not once did I insult the OP,
He didn't back up his idea, where he told me he didn't believe it, it was just an idea.
Which is what Skunkworks is for, I didn't slam him with it, I just let him know about SkunkWorks.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Looks like it will have to wait until morning.
At this moment, the Mods are asleep, so everyone on the other side of the planet and all the aliens hovering overhead will be reading this right now !

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Just leave it be mate, it has been delt with, I will take your advice on board for future reference to future posts... Krysties is just being Polite because im new. and it's fine.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Ok. If i came down to hard on you, I didn't realize it and i do apologize. As for the board, it's a suggestion, not a final answer.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Apologies from me, too...I didn't realise you were new...and I guess I let my frustration get the better of me, because I have studied the KT Boundary episode and the preceding and following events which , all in all, led to the 'demise' of the Dinosaurs.

I guess, and here I AM being charitable, an 'alien' of sorts did play a part, being the Chixulub impactor. It came from Outer Space!
However, there were other factors at play as well. There is a whole lot of really good, well-backed-up Science which you might want to explore at some stage.

It makes just as interesting a story as any 'alien' method in my opinion.

Oh, yeah, and you can keep 'Dingo' Deans, we have the Bledisloe Cup AND the TRi Nations Trophy

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChChKiwi
Oh, yeah, and you can keep 'Dingo' Deans, we have the Bledisloe Cup AND the TRi Nations Trophy

Whoop whoop!

...like others have suggested dude - maybe post it up in Skunk Works...all goodness...you're new, and you're Australian...either is understandable...

Will lock this thread down then dude - see you in Skunk Works.

Cheers,
ALIEN

new topics

top topics

join