It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR has begun.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Today the Collectors Edition Head start began. On the 16th the Standard Edition head start begins...

I have the CE, but my guildies want to play a server that comes up the 16th so I just been uhhh... bored.

heh.

Anyone here buying/bought WAR?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

short video of a noob Witch Hunter I made while I waste time waiting for skavenblight server to pop.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I only have a few words for this game

Its no Wow (World of warcraft)
*prepares for the flames*

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE
I only have a few words for this game

Its no Wow (World of warcraft)
*prepares for the flames*

Thank gawd it ain't WoW.

You stay on WoW, and I'll stay with WHO.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I'm interested in maybe trying it out but I'm still unsure of how it will do. I remember I liked Age of Conan alot but I could really hardly ever find anyone to play with...I think World of Warcraft is owning the market for MMORPGs.

Keep me informed of how the game is though and I'll most likely it out at least if it does well.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
in the process of uploading a video of my black orc doing a lil bit of a Public quest in chapter 3.

249mb upload...

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
My black orc.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Well I picked up Cultivation and Apothecary

Cultivation you get to grow plants from spores and seeds, and these are the ingredients you'll want for the best potions.

Apothecary is just making potions, healing, buffs, dmg adds, etc.

Cool thing is I can do both trade skills while in combat.

WHO pwnz.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Lysergic]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I've played it, it sucks. Seriously, WAR has been hyped for more than a year as a definite 'WoW-killer,' and it joins a long line of WoW-killers past in having faded into obscurity.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Monger

It would be nice for a dev to actually make a game without trying to make it a WoW killer. Just make it unique and good. Unfortunately, the MMO market seems to only want WoW clones and everyone is trying to beat WoW at its own game. I am not sure if that can be done. It seems that the next real WoW killer will probably be from Blizzard.

I am a dork though. I really liked SWG when it came out and nothing has delivered that experience for me since. Maybe it is like drug use. You are always chasing that first "high" and you can never really attain it again.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I'm a regular WoW player. ( as in over 24 hours worth in the last four days - but then again it is WOTLK ). My partner and I try most MMOS when they first come out. WAR is...well not my thing, but he likes it.

I can't wait for Star Trek Online and Fallen Earth - I hope to heck that those two will rock.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I've been playing war for a little now. Im still not sure what to think of it thouh. I love the graphics and the rvr and the pvp and everything - but its really lacking some good pve. Ive kinda droped off it because of my studies but yea - might get into it again later.

new topics

top topics

join