It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman pleads guilty to killing her son

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Woman pleads guilty to killing her son

news.ninemsn.com.au

A mother has pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of her four-year-old son, after she denied him necessary medical treatment on religious grounds...

...Wesleyanism, or Methodism, is a denomination of the Christian church that believes only those who have absolute faith in God and who do not resist the will of Christ will be saved.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I am sick to death of hearing about these types of cases where these lunatic parents allow their children to die based on mediaeval superstitious nonsense.

How the hell does a four year old child “have absolute faith in God”. A four year old is hard pressed spelling their own name. In fact a four year old would not even know their own house address.

These parents should be charged with negligent murder pure and simple.

We are not living in bark huts with dirt floors in the middle of the jungle anymore so the "god made me do it" excuse just doesn't wash with me anymore.

Furthermore, why aren’t the leaders of these whacko churches telling the followers that it is ok to take a child to hospital? These so called leaders also have a lot to answer for. Perhaps if they served a little jail time it may help them "see the light".

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14/9/08 by WatchNLearn]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Wow. Keep saying religion doesn't kill people. No it's not dangerous at all, this sort of thing only happens every few days. A handful of deaths a week is certainly worth it to stay in the dark ages and I mean it's someone else's kid right.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
We need to get someone that believes that crap in here. I have soooo many questions. My biggest one has always been, why are there none of you running to your 1000th birthday. Do you all eventually run out of faith?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Crazy people can be religious too

That's all I'm gonna say.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Im sure there are many different circumstances of which I am not aware of, but this is getting ridiculous. I refrain from physical ailments and sickness by meditating and using imagery to enhance my aura. This may sound crazy but it has and does work for me.

People have done amazing and mindblowing things using the power of their own minds and it is possible to cure disease and other malignancies in the body with proper focus and determination, however if medical treatment will assist, its always best to take advantage of the situation.

I myself do not believe that there is a male god that is jealous and angry or that judges us when we pass into the next dimension. I believe that there is some ineffable being that is beyond our comprehension, but being ineffable there is no description available.

if one were so inclined to believe that some type of god was able to cure a disease, wouldn't one realize that the advances in medical science could be a ''god-send''?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I can't understand how any parent can sit there and watch their child die without seeking medical attention. I don't see that as manslaghter, i see that as murder.

I'm wondering why it's taken the court system five years to get this case to a sentencing trial.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANoNyMiKE
Wow. Keep saying religion doesn't kill people. No it's not dangerous at all, this sort of thing only happens every few days. A handful of deaths a week is certainly worth it to stay in the dark ages and I mean it's someone else's kid right.

Yes I agree...however it is not "religion" itself that has killed this innocent child but ignorance. Let's not forget that it is the people not their beliefs (as corrupt and distorted they may be) that do these heinous deeds.'

Cult like beliefs and deception has caused many of these unnecessary tragedies.

I am saddened by this post.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Sweet Paula

I don't buy that, these people were raised on this crap being preached to by holy rollers instead of the belief that medical science can in fact cure most things not all I might add you but most. It is religions fault and the people that spew it for taking advantage of the ignorant for what some weekly donations and the feeling that someone thinks you something?, Teaching that the belief for Jesus and God will cure you of any problems is complete and total....B.S.!!! What is that saying God helps those who help themselves aka you helped yourself God had nothing to do with it. Wake up people and take care of yourselves instead of waiting on some imaginary figure to fix everything for you.

Sorry I to am feeling outraged that people are still living the the Dark Ages and even further enraged that people encourage and support it.

new topics

top topics

join