It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My experiences with the Paranormal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
As a child growing up I was "scared of life." The encounters I had with the the paranormal caused me to be scared. I was a child and never understood what it was I was seeing.

My first experience happened around the age of 7. I was laying in the room with my mother. I woke up in the middle of the night to a little girl standing on the bed between my mother and I. She was about 2 years old and I remember her black shiny shoes vividly. She stood there and never moved. I proceeded to cover my head with the blanket and peek from under the covers to look at this little girl. I decided to roll over to my mother and wake her up because I was terrified of the little girl. I have tried to make some logical explanation of the situation but have yet to come to one. This situation caused me to sleep under the covers until I was 20.
Then around the age of 9 through 13, I experienced the paranormal several more times.

I used to stay with my Aunt for the summer, possibly to give my mother a break from raising three kids on her own. I just had a horrible feeling every time I stayed at my Aunt's house. I have seen three particular apparitions in the house several times. One instance occurred while I was watching TV with my Uncle. A teenage girl with a white flowing dress appeared before me but never said anything. She looked alike to me but a bit younger. I turned to my Uncle and said, "Are you seeing this?" When I turned back the figure was gone. I also awoke to a man in a red robe looking through my Uncle's bookshelf. He turned and acknowledged that I saw him, and disappeared. Then in the same house while painting my cousin's room, a kid popped out from behind the door and made silly facial gestures. This particular "ghost" or whatever you want to call it appeared several other times outside of the house in different locations.

The last visual experience I had, I would not call it a "ghost" or "spirit." My much older cousin, would take my friends and I to a hotel for a week during spring break near the beach. My much older cousin had issues in regards to drinking, etc. She lost her phone and proceeded to blame me and smacked me for it. I ran to the beach in the night clothes I was wearing and sat near the shore break crying. I prayed and cried. I have had a lot of bad experiences in my life and they all seemed to come at that very moment. I was not speaking out loud just merely talking within myself (in my head). I stopped crying and proceeded back to the hotel when a young gentleman came up to me and said, "What you have asked for has come.." This freaked me out. He sat me down and also told me that I could talk to him about anything because he comes from far away and would never tell anyone. I just sat there for what seemed like an hour in silence. I told the man I needed to go back to the hotel and he went on his way. I am sure the man was not trying to do anything negative. We were surrounded by people walking back and forth, lots of lights and cars, and the hotel within 30 feet from where we were standing. It just seems odd that I was praying to God and then some random stranger appears and says, "What you have asked for has come."

I haven't seen anything in about ten years but I have definitely felt things around me. I randomly feel someone touching my arm or back and sometimes hear things calling my name.

At one point in my life, I had a dream that my father passed away and he did the next day. He wasn't ill and it wasn't something someone could guess.

All these things that have happened to me, might make me appear to be a bit crazy or nutty but in all honesty I am a normal twenty four year old female. I work two jobs and am currently in school for a degree in Anthropology.

I am wondering if there are more people out there like myself that could share their experiences.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
ill share my experience here sence you asked.

well i dont rember too much of when i was a kid but i rember a few things. one is when i awok in my old house to see something staring at me which gave me a scare like none other. it had glowing red eyes and horns. could not see anything else but that. i quickly covered up.

ill skip a few to a more recent one.
about 4 months ago a friend of mine had a evil entity folow him back from a concert. he grew very scared once it started talking through people. telling him to hurt others. well he called my friend who had delt with this kind of stuff before. he asked me to join saying that him being around his friends would help.

we started by praying the rosery (although i am not catholic i still did it sence my religion is close to his also.) this turned out to be one of the longest night ever. after we all gt done praying the rosery we went around blessing the house. we got to this one part of the house that mad me fell very uneasy

(that day i also found out im very sencitive to spiritual forces because of my battle with my dopleganger, which my friend says is a polar oposite of me. he says sence im abnormaly kind harted that the dopleganger is abnormaly evil.)

cont. well sence i noticed that iold him he came back reblessed it and then people started to feel it now. (as if we found it and is now running to find a place to hide) well we found out were he went and my friend went to bless it and cast it out. he closed the door and start praying. he came out and we started talking he says he could still fill him and i agreed so i walked around and i turned around and i saw him (the entity) run very fast into the room again i turned a told my friend as quikly as i could. he ran in there told me not come in and through me his rosery nowing that i am more sensitive (he was the only one there that new) after about an 30 he came out exasted. i begain waliking around again yet couldnt feal anything so disregarding my friend i took the rosery off (i was still fine sence i had a medle that was previusly gave to me) as soon as i took it off i felt him. he had jump to the other room.

i told my friend as soon as i finished talking he went around the house and was yelling prayers with a crusafix. i was walking behind him and sudenly i notice he was were i was i yelled for him he came and said he couldnt feel anything he was right he left it came back he gave me the crusifix and left it didnt come back. so we knew he was afraid of the cross. we used it even more.

now this part creaps me out. i was walking behind him and i noticed the spirit was folowing him i told him and he spun around and prayed but then hed fell him on his neck. he went into the room and i was at the door way. i got a a bad fealing like this thing was geating even more angry and i noticed he was right over me. and so did my freind my freind yelled move and i moved. he later told me he saw him in my eyes and he try to manifest within me. later i told him he was around me still though he and nobady felt him so i was then blessed again.

well things at that house got better but not compleatly sence there was a guy who dinied a blessing.

there my expireance. the dopleganger experieance i will not go into least not at this moment in time.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
That's really interesting and scary at the same time. I hope that something like that never happens to me. I don't think I could handle it. It is one of my worst fears.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
its not bad. the most important thing is you can NOT (upercase because of importance) be scared or have doubts. you also need a strong mind and body, and faith in what ever you believe.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
i see that your in florida also. if your around the daytona area go downt orang avanu if remeaber the name corectly its the road at the south daytona pd.

but if this got bad again you will be able to feal it once you past the small grocry on the left (past the alcohol store.

when we went to see him before we even started we felt it (was like a very heavy wate was on us.)

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
The paranormal is interesting to study.
I've had lots of experiences within this field.

To me it sounds like that these spirits whish to communicate with you.
It's up to you if you wish to have that kind of contact though.

Here's an experience i've which have made me aware of how dangerous the paranormal can be, if you meddle with the paranormal too long and ain't carefull of what you are doing.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
if directed towards me

you did read that i said they were telling him to hurt people. right? i didnt want to go as far as saying what they actualy told him. but i guess i will, they told him to kill his friends. it looked like it was his friends that were saying it to him.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jen639682

Wow...You have seen your share of what appears to have been ghosts or
other-wordly\dimensional people. What's freaky is how clearly you saw them,
like the little girl's shoes, the man in the red robe, etc. I've posted about the
weird stuff that has happened in my house. Some interesting things have occurred lately,
so I'm going to do a thread soon.

I've never really seen anything here, other than very quick glimpses of shadows, which I think
were just peripheral- vision illusions. I thought I saw a figure in a hoodie type jacket recently, but even that was
split-second. I can't be sure. There has been plenty of phenomena here though!

To see these 'people' as you have, so clearly, for several seconds, would be unsettling to say
the least! Seeing the guy in the robe must have scared the hell out of you. The kid
making faces is also very weird! You obviously saw him for at least a few seconds.
Your story is really interesting.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I just recently, maybe 4 years ago have been able to control my fears. I used to be scared of EVERYTHING. I absolutely hated the things that happened to me and definitely didn't see them as a blessing. I'm just happy to say the least that I don't see these things anymore. I don't know if its because I have grown older, but the less I see the better I feel. I can actually go about my day without being scared of stuff. The fear appears sometimes but its so far and in between.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Hello Jen, and thanks for sharing your story.

I find it's not uncommon for people to see less and less of the paranormal/supernatural as they grow older. In some cases, fears of what has been seen may be blocking out what you once were able to view so easily. For others, their ability may fade simply because they've been told time after time that what they're seeing can't be real or that their imaginations are just out of control. So fears and doubts about the reality of what they see may close their minds to what may be around them just a step outside the physical world.

I find that many times, children give us the best observations because they haven't been conditioned to ignore these things as of yet. In any event, it's good that you've chosen to share some of your experiences here.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
as a kid, I've seen people in old-style clothing on the streets, who disappear when i point them out to friends or parents, teenager I've been to a few haunted houses and seen and experianced things, likewise as an adult, and my grandfather's house, I've heard people speaking in french at night when i'm the only one there, the piano play itself, and had sheets yanked off me in the middle of the night. I've also seen dogs and cat's go nuts and flip out for no reason there

my campus also has a high amount of shadow people , not just one or two, we've seen whole crowds, a friend of mine with the campus police told me too how he spent an hour chasing what they thought was a suspisious person (staying in the shadows, lurking near windows) who dissapeared into a wall.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I've just started a thread about after death signs, which I believe I've had a few of. Here are a couple of other i things I've experienced independent of these:

(1) My maternal grandmother, who I was not close to, died when I was 8. I don't recall being upset by her passing.Not long after, I was in the night and clearly saw her sitting on the edge of my bed, at the end, watching me silently and smiling. There was a haziness to her, as if she wasn't solid, but rather a hologram type projection. I believe it was her coming to visit me , it never happened again but has always stuck in my mind.

(2) Around aged 14 me and a friend would mess about with a ouija board. I know I was deliberately moving the glass at some point and whatever I spelled out (I can't recall) she freaked out, ran out of the house and up to the local church !! She was always a drama queen ...anyway, she calmed down eventually and we talked some, she told me she knew some lad who she said did the Ouija regularly, so she decided to get him around to "help" and "do it all properly". The 3 of us sat around the table with a glass (tumbler) placed in the middle of the table. We didn't immediately place our fingers on the glass, but said some words first instead. As unlikely as this is going to sound, the glass proceeded to SHOOT across the table, which was roughly 3 foot long, ALL BY ITSELF.
Lucy and I were too freaked out to continue with anything, so that's where it ended

(3) This is not exactly paranormal perhaps, but as a kid, I remember many a time "flying" through my own house. In particular, I used to find myself enjoying standing at the top of the stairs and swooping down to the bottom, the sensation was like going down a slide, the only difference being I was not in my physical body but basically astrally projecting !! I also know a woman whose kids regularly do this, she doesn't make a fuss of it with them, just treats it as natural...which of course, it is

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
(2) Around aged 14 me and a friend would mess about with a ouija board. I know I was deliberately moving the glass at some point and whatever I spelled out (I can't recall) she freaked out, ran out of the house and up to the local church !! She was always a drama queen ...anyway, she calmed down eventually and we talked some, she told me she knew some lad who she said did the Ouija regularly, so she decided to get him around to "help" and "do it all properly". The 3 of us sat around the table with a glass (tumbler) placed in the middle of the table. We didn't immediately place our fingers on the glass, but said some words first instead. As unlikely as this is going to sound, the glass proceeded to SHOOT across the table, which was roughly 3 foot long, ALL BY ITSELF.
Lucy and I were too freaked out to continue with anything, so that's where it ended

I've seen that sort of thing happen before. It can be a bit disturbing to the norms especially. I'm sure that whoever it was that sent the tumbler across the table enjoyed the reactions it got lol

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

It is really hard sometimes to NOT be afraid of these things. Most people are much more sensitive to spirits when they are young. Be grateful that you have outgrown that sensitivity and try to find comfort in the fact that you have sucessfully closed yourself off to something that would cause you distress.

I would warn though.. if you have children it is likely that you may have to go through this again when they reach that age range also. It is often passed down.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari

It is really hard sometimes to NOT be afraid of these things. Most people are much more sensitive to spirits when they are young. Be grateful that you have outgrown that sensitivity and try to find comfort in the fact that you have sucessfully closed yourself off to something that would cause you distress.

Personally I'm saddened when I see people saying anyone should be grateful that their perceptions have been narrowed in focus. Just like learning to use any of our physical senses, we can learn to filter out stimuli from supernatural/paranormal sources. It's a frustrating thing to deal with at times, I admit, but I feel that people would be better by acknowledging and accepting their gifts instead of trying to cover them up.

I would warn though.. if you have children it is likely that you may have to go through this again when they reach that age range also. It is often passed down.

I'll agree with you completely there. While I have no children, all the parents I've met with any type of extrasensory perceptions have seen it passed on to their children in some way as well. If you manage to not bury your own senses before then, you can at least help your children when they begin to sense these things. You can confirm what they're seeing/hearing/sensing. It's far better to be able to reassure a child in these situations that they're okay and that nothing is wrong with them than to teach them to be afraid of whatever they're seeing and that they should hope it goes away one day.

new topics

top topics

join