It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inconsistancies with Moderators

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
From the start, I am not having a go at the Mods, I am just wanting to get a clarification on how they opperate.
I have noticed a number of times not only in my threads but also in others that a post, or even an entire thread once started, can gain its natural momentum as it does and at times even commented on by a moderator as a member but is later trashed or moved by another Moderator.
I will not be naming names, but one instance of a thread I started recently, I was chastised (Over quoting) which is fair enough, but it was obvious the the thread was being read by moderators. A number of posts later I revievd a U2U stating it had ben moved to trash by a different Mod.
Did the later Mod disaprove of the topic or had the thread deteriorated to become inappropriate? If it had deteriorated, why not just step in and issue a general warning to all members to clean it up or get back on tracks as I have seen in the past. Alternately, if the thread itself was totally inappropriate, why was it not trashed earlier?
I dont mind threads being trashed or moved if I am out of line and the reasons are explained, but to have been allowed to continue by one (possibly others) then moved by another seems inconsistent.

EDIT: I have reposted in the the issues thread as advised. Thank you elevatedone.

[edit on 14/9/2008 by VIKINGANT]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Please feel free to add this to the existing ATS Issues Threadhttp://

new topics

join