It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBSESSION DVD's are being given out to customers by newspaper company.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The Lansing State Journal (owned by Gannett) of Lansing, Michigan handed out a free DVD copy to every customer this morning. The DVD contains a movie called OBSESSION, which shows how radical Islam is waging war against the West.

I watched the movie and I have my own opinions regarding what's propaganda and what's flat out fear mongering, but I don't understand why these are being handed out to every customer.

The video is on youtube, so have a look for yourselves and let me know why you think a newspaper company would hand these out. I mean, why not hand out a family movie, why is it regarding Islam?

I'm sorry that I have no link for proof, but I did search their website and came out empty handed. I'll look some more and see if I can find anything.

www.lansingstatejournal.com...

Here is Part one of 10 of the movie on Youtube:

www.youtube.com...

You can find the rest on Youtube, as well.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
If you'll notice on the packaging: the DVD was distributed through newspapers in swing states. Check for information on huffington post.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
While pretending to work at Knight Ridder newspaper, our policy was to have editors review inserts and other advertising material that might contain political messages. So far as I can determine, the decision to accept this material was made by the business side of the distributing newspapers. Does that say something about what drives content policy at today's newspapers?

join