It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking back to see forward

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
With the anniversary of the Iraq War I have found myself reflecting on all that has changed in the country since 9/11. I happened to re-read some post here that had links to footage from that day and it reminded me that to remain strong we must be aggressive.

Whether you agree with the Iraq War or it's ties to the War on Terrorism those events have changed the course of this nation as well as the world forever.

I was reading some information I had about presidents and the effects they had on the nation during their time in office. In this information I found a quote from John F. Kennedy, taken from his Inaugural Address. As I read it I realized how much those words meant to the people of his time. I also realized how much they convey about our world today. It made me realize that to look at our world effectively we sometimes need to look back at where we came from.

"Let the word go forth from this time and place, to friend and foe alike, that the torch has been passed to a new generation of Americans- born in this century, tempered by war, disciplined by a hard and bitter peace, proud of our ancient heritage- and unwilling to witness the slow undoing of those human rights to which this nation has always been committed, and to which we are committed today at home and around the world.

John F. Kennedy

Inaugural Address

new topics

join