It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lehman Brothers Close To Collapse - US Chapter 11 insolvency procedures starting

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Yeah I hear about that one, also the Fed will keep interest rates the same.

As the economy weaken and consumer spending has become stagnat the Fed just can not lower anymore the interest.

After all the only ones here getting benefits from all the interest rates cuts and bail outs is corporate America the regular joe's pocket is just getting smaller and smaller.

In an economy that doesn't produce anymore to sustain itself consumer spending is what keeps everything going, but take that away and you go a nation with no wealth at all.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I expect the Fed to attend a Bilderburger conference with a big banner behind them that says "Mission Accomplished" ... the banner will appear strangely familiar, as if it had been used at least once before

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
What is been going on in America is the biggest distribution of wealth ever seen since the great depression.

Look at the groups that are buying out the big financial institutions, this time is not only America base investors the ones getting a piece of the give away, but also middle eastern nations, Asia, Korea and China dipping in it.

The face of America financials has been changed and the people behind that new face will dictate from America's politics to foreign policies and how our nation does business with the rest of the world.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

That's what I was thinking earlier when I posted. Or something along the lines, I don't quite understand the stock market by far but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize what's going on. I personally don't see this looking good. It looks like a paved way to something bigger to me.

Ever since I had heard about the North American Union and the Amero I had wondered what was going to happen to bring it about. I had pretty much guessed it would have to be something almost drastic. I wouldn't be surprised if this was it really. Personal .02c

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Dow is making a sharp increase, going way above the point they started with... One moment your in a crisis and then all are suddenly recovering. Even AIG...

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Mammoth

We have to thanks the Fed and billions upon billions of tax payer money for all the reversal of fortune in Wall street.

See, when the fed bail out the Bear Stern they lowered the financial standards for loan financing to Wall street firms.

The loosened standards have been in place since an emergency loan program was enacted during the Bear Stearns fallout, but the plan was not frequented by Wall Street investment banks at the time. Now however, it seems as if many firms will begin dipping into the Fed’s loan program.

The Fed also loosened its capital restrictions following Bank of America’s purchase of Merrill Lynch last week. Bank of America will be allowed to maintain a capital level below the Fed’s agreed upon minimum until markets hopefully stabilize at some point in the future.

www.economyincrisis.org...

What the Fed is not telling straight out is that they are bargain with Billions of tax payer money betting that the markets will correct themselves in a near future.

They fail to tell also that our government is so indebted that we are already in hole, so the mismanagement, corruption and bad politics with bad policies are increasing the citizens debt and our children's debt for generations to come.

So the CEOs of this failure of financial institutions can still get to retired with all the explendor tax payer money can buy.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mammoth
Dow is making a sharp increase, going way above the point they started with...
One moment your in a crisis and then all are suddenly recovering. Even AIG...

there was a dual focus today...

the AIG problem thats developed over the weekend
the FOMC meeting, and doing something with the Fed fund rate.

the AIG problemis that they need upward of $75Billion to continue operating,
but AIG is saying they cannot raise that ammount of cash in such short time.---and is pleading ~ expecting a Federal bailout to get those funds [which AIG should have insured they already had, in being compliant with the regulatory 'rules' of the Insurance Industry standards of Pennsylvania..]
my opinion is that the market is UP because.... the Fed has not announced any loan money to AIG (as yet).

Now, about the volatility.....
that's because the stock traders are playing strategies against one another, and using the opponents use of computer programed 'sell & buy' orders to try and gain a teensy advantage from one moment to another...

hang loose, the elites know where they are leading the markets,
You just have to have a general idea of just what the elites want the financial world to look like, and respond accordingly ...to make a modest profit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

but tomorrow, if the Fed. decides to lend AIG the $75-100 billion,
then we have a new set of variables...

a whole set of reasons can rationalize why the Fed loan is good.
a whole set of reasons can rationalize why the Fed loan is bad...

volatility is the agenda!

but i still favor the Dr. Weiss outlook of the market dipping to 7,900
from the 11,000 its at now.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Udio you know that the fed will bail them out I have no doubts about it.

Or perhaps they are waiting for Washignton mutual to anounce their collapse also

Already battered, Washington Mutual shares fall 27% as potential capital sources' attention is diverted

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Washington Mutual had its credit rating lowered to junk Monday by Standard & Poors amid continuing weakness in the housing market.

The action follows downgrades of the nation's largest savings-and-loan by Fitch Ratings and Moody's last week as WaMu tries to reassure nervous investors that it has the ability to survive the credit crunch.

money.cnn.com...

[edit on 16-9-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Just think more big building going down and Osama had nothing to with it.

The only worthwhile activity in the tall buildings of Manhattan was
Tesla's lab.

And the FBI took his papers and labs.

Tell the FBI to bring back Tesla's papers and give the people their free energy.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Freddie/Fannie all over again, but then- No way!

U.S. Considering Conservatorship for AIG, Report Says (Update)

(CEP News) - The U.S. government is considering conservatorship over AIG, much like the Fannie and Freddie take over last week, according to two sources who briefed Bloomberg on today's discussions."This would mean another shareholder wipeout," said David Ader, U.S. government bond strategist with RBS Greenwich Capital.

CNBC later reported the Fed doesn't have legal authority to take conservatorship.

www.forextv.com...

Tomorrow will likely be another decisive day.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

The Federal Reserve will provide a roughly $85 billion bridge loan to AIG (AIG.N) and take a nearly 80 percent stake in the company, according to a source briefed on the matter.
source

those printing presses must be over-heating by now

how many more companies can our government keep bailing out..isn't this what they said they were not going to do with F&F and Lehman's? So what is their reasoning, just trying to keep the inevitable from happening?

Not sure I'm happy with the precedent this is setting, what makes AIG more important than Lehmans?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
"
but tomorrow, if the Fed. decides to lend AIG the $75-100 billion,
then we have a new set of variables...
a whole set of reasons can rationalize why the Fed loan is good.
a whole set of reasons can rationalize why the Fed loan is bad...

"

well they're being bailed out... so what next?

what are the reprocussions of this?

good/bad? long term, short term??

any ideas? speculations?l....

[edit on 093030p://upTuesday by indigothefish]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

Buys some time is all. The US is still awash in bad debt where shuffling it over upon the tax payers heads doesn't change the fundamentals. Privatizing the profits while socializing the debt is called creating a banana republic. Good for big fish, bad for guppies.

AIG Gets $85 Billion Fed Loan, Cedes Control to Avoid Collapse

Bloomberg

[edit on 17-9-2008 by Regenmacher]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish
what are the reprocussions of this?

How about if I just stop paying taxes and then the government can bail out whoever they want to.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   

"What the U.S. government is doing is basically delaying the recovery of the economy really by keeping AIG alive and by going back to the printing press to issue more U.S. dollars, which long term should be negative to the U.S. dollar," said Ronald Chan, chief investment offer for Asian equities with Fortis Investments in Hong Kong
source

too bad Ron Paul isn't in charge of things, he saw all of this coming what, twenty years ago? But it seems most don't want to hear it or laugh him off

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by toepick

Ron Paul represents the people whereas most of the current two party system is here to enrich the super class. The irony is most people have no clue they are being shafted by the top 1%.

It's dead Paul....

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
reply to post by toepick

Ron Paul represents the people whereas most of the current two party system is here to enrich the super class. The irony is most people have no clue they are being shafted by the top 1%.

It's dead Paul....

The USA has a two-party system ?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by blablablaxyz
The USA has a two-party system ?

The two party hoax is just evil propaganda for the weak minded, perpertrated by the ruling class.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
"this is going to be Armageddon" -- the Inside Story of the Fall of the Lehman Brothers -- BBC expose:

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join