It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doppelgangers - are you seeing these?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
My entire life there have been many occassions where people confront me thinking I am their friend, daughter[you would think a mother would know their own daughter], neice, cousin, etc.. I just have that common face I suppose. It happens all the time to a lot of people and I don't think that's anything unusual.
Although I do believe in Doppelgangers..I have seen my stepmom's "double walker".

It was sometime during the summer while I was visiting my father. My siblings and I always sleep in the livingroom so sometimes we are awakend by my stepmom or father when they're making their way through the livingroom to the door, so they can leave for work. Well this particular morning I woke to see my stepmom leaving for work, but I instantly fell back to sleep as soon as the door shut behind her. An hour or so later, I was awakened again but this time by her walking back into the apartment. I watched her make her way through the living room, down the hall, and into the bedroom while she talked silently on her phone. I just assumed she was let out early from work. I couldn't go back to sleep so I got up and started my morning routine early as my siblings slept. I went to the restroom and I could hear my stepmom talking on the phone from down the hall, and I could see the lamp light from the bottom of the door. Even when I entered the restroon I could hear her through the wall. I didn't think much of it so I went on as normal. After a while she got silent in the room so I looked toward the door and noticed the light was off, so I figure she's just asleep since its still early.
Later my siblings wake up and start making a lot of noise so I quieted them down and told them if they keep up the noise, they were going to wake up their mom. I was surprised when I heard them say "Momma's at work!"
I told them "No she's not, she came back home." For a minute or so I tried to tell them she was home but they just looked at me like I was bogus.
So I let it go and decided to wait for her to come out of the room, but she never did.
It wan't until she walked through the door later I freaked out. I asked her if she had came back to the apartment early in the morning but she said she never did.
I SWEAR on my own life that she walked through that door and into the bedroom.
Later I learned about doppelgangers and came to a realization that what I saw was Her doppelganger simply mimicking her.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to Dopplegangers and things, I find them so interesting and I've had a few experiences of my own with them, while looking on the interwebs I found something the Norweigans call a Vardoger, they're energy supposedly that isn't sinister in the slightest (where as Dopplegangers are meant to be bad omens or crazy versions of yourself set out to kill you...) they basically go to a destination and behave and look like you, do whatever they feel you would do and then leave, so that when you turn up, people who have seen your Vardoger will assume you're returning even though you have absolutely no recollection of the previous time. I hope that makes sense, if not, Wikipedia's entry of Vardoger's is much more succinct.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Also, I thought I should post my experience.
When I was a kid I moved away from away from the town my grandmother lived in, we moved around an hour and a half away from her, a few years later I was in the supermarket with my mum (my grandmother's daughter) and I saw a woman who was identical to my grandmother, same coat, same hair and the exact same glasses, she even had eyes like my grandmothers who has one that is slightly squinted due to an operation she had when she was a child. We yelled for her attention and she didn't even acknowledge us and walked around the corner, we followed but the woman was gone. When we got home we rang my uncle who lives with her and he informed us that she was in Berlin visiting her family and her flight wasn't due in at the airport for another 2 hours.

I've also been told of incidents where people have seen a girl who they believed were me, but blonde. I've never been blonde in my life but this girl is apparently identical in every way other than hair colour, she even supposedly has the same dress sense.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
My 17 year old son showed me a facebook page of this girl at his school and no # the girl was a dead ringer for me. i was totaly blown away.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I worked ten years at an organization that employed over 100 people. I became best friends with a few of them and ended up meeting my husband there as well. Long story short, my best friends, co-workers whom I worked with for 10 years and boyfriend (now husband) would constantly say they saw me in places I never went to before. They said this person (they ended up naming her "Sabrina") even drove the same vehicle I did. Very weird!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
about 11 years ago, I am driving to my sisters, One street away, going slow, all of a sudden I see "Me" walking down the road. same hair, glasses even. I slowed and went past him looking stunned. Why didn't I stop and ask who he was? damned if I know . It just had me blanked out for a while.Seeing my self? so close to my sisters place? When my daughter was younger, a few years before this she saw me on the bus and in the street a few times, maybe three, even talked to me but he didn't reply. As Shatner says , "Weird or what?"

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I believe doppelgangers are a manifestation of the choices you make,like a lady said earlier about hearing her husband come home and turns out he wasnt there, but had thought of coming home earlier in the day. Maybe this thing she heard was her husband doing what he would have done if he had came home when he made the decision not to? does that make sense to anyone . ? lol

Can someone , if anyone picks up what im putting down , try and re word what im saying into something that doesnt sound like a 5 year old wrote it
haha thank you

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I was driving home from work on the highway and noticed the car a couple lanes over to the right from me because not only was it the same make, model, and color but had the same dent in the driver's door. And the driver -- I could swear it was me! The driver at that moment briefly glanced over but then immediately went off the exit ramp right there, and all I could do was watch it go.

A few months later while driving home on the same highway I found myself taking a glance to my left and seeing a car a couple lanes over that was the same make, model, and color of my own, and I caught just the briefest glimpse of the driver -- I could swear it was me! And in a panic I immediately swerved off the exit ramp right there, which I had never taken before.
edit on 7-8-2012 by 29to9 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join