It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doppelgangers - are you seeing these?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Smile

Oh I am new here --sorry to post anonymously but I don't have time to register at the moment. And yes I have the same deal with my husband. I will swear I hear him coming into the house making all the usual sounds of his coming home routine...only to find it's not him and I must have been hearing things. Sometimes my daughter has heard the same sounds, sometimes not. She's only 4.

And shortly after the birth of our daughter, when my husband slept in the basement for a time so he could get some sleep and not be exhausted for work, I would hear him come into the bedroom and root around in the dark for his pajamas. Or rather, I thought he was. It turns out he'd never entered the room after all and had fallen asleep in his day clothes!

And to the original question, yes my mom has a doppelganger when she is asleep. I've seen it twice and her family overseas (in a timezone opposite ours) have seen her walking around their house. It's a scary sight to behold because it looks like the person you know and love, but they have this strange hostile expression on their face like they do when they are sleepwalking.

My mom claims to have seen a doppelganger of me. One time I was in my car driving down her street and ignoring her wave. Another time, I was asleep and dreaming I was in her house and I saw her and she saw me. When I saw her and talked to her later for real, she says I disappeared from sight after she looked up at me in shock and asked me what I was doing there and why I was mad. The funny thing in my dream I was frowning, I WAS mad, but I don't know why.

For what it is worth, both my mother and I have a history of sleepwalking.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Once my son came in from school and looking toward my bedroom he saw "me" walking to my closet. He went to the kitchen and fixed himself a snack and started calling "Mom", a couple of times. When I didn't respond he looked in the bedroom, but I wasn't there. I was in another town with my sister at the time this happened. Lots of weird things at my old house. I too wonder why it seems to only happen to some people.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I wouldn't say " doppleganger" but when I was in boot camp there was another kid in the platoon across from me, that was almost identical to me, so much so that we were confused for each other a lot. We were the same height, eye color, hair color and so on. Other than a few slight flaws here and there, we could have probably been identical twins. It was rather creepy and somewhat off putting now that I think about it.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I have had two experiences.

My wife told me she saw my cousin on the bus but was confused when she didn't return her wave. I sometimes catch the same bus home from work and saw this lady and was stunned. She was utterly identical, age and dress style and even the hair style but...I did not approach her because the doppelganger was pregnant. And I had seen my cousin only a few weeks before and she was definitely not pregnant. I actually regret not saying anything because I saw here many times after that.

When I was younger, slimmer and had hair I was regularly asked what I was doing out at a particular club or pub or at the races and did not return someone's greeting when I was no where near the relevant venue. People even used the word doppelganger.

The city where I live has about 1.6 million people.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Further to my second experience people who spoke to or overheard my double would say he even spoke with the same (country) accent and turns of phrase.

I don't think there is anything supernatural about it. With the relatively small size of the human gene pool I suspect there are many six foot white males of Scots/Irish descent in the world who look like me.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
When in college I could always be found on one of about 3 places besides my dorm.
One was a pizza place.
Nearing the end of the year I went in for a a calzone and the new girl behind the counter asked if there was “something wrong?”
I kind’a laughed and told her - “No, not unless you’re out of pineapple.”
She looked at me kind of weird and said, “Um, you want another one?”
Getting annoyed I said “Another what? I want a ham and pineapple calzone”.
She replied I'd just had one.
Long story short she swore I’d just been in 20 minutes earlier for the same kind of calzone.

For three weeks - between the pizza place, the bookstore and the coffee house - friends reported seeing *me* out and about - when I wasn’t.

I drilled them hard about *her* looks, dress, etc, and they all swore up and down it was me.
*She* even answered to my name, though when they approached to talk to *her* *she* acted “Out of it” and “Uncomfortable” like *she/I* didn’t know what they were talking about and/or who they were.

After a while it got to be just too wierd and more than once we went out to hunt *her* down.
We never found her but for ages I was convinced I had a twin out there.
After a time the *sightings* were became less and summer came around so end of that mystery.

Years later I heard about Doppelgangers and now, well, at least if I don’t have a twin I know I have a Doppelganger - or the other way around!

*P*E*A*C*E*

[edit on 17-1-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I have recently become aware of the fact that I may have a doppelganger out there.

My ex, who wouldn't lie to save her own life, (which, ironically, is what caused us to become exes), recently accused me of following her around and basically "stalking" her. She claims that she can be somewhere, anywhere, and that she will see me clear as day. She said that most of the time, I just watch from a distance, other times, I get in close, but don't say anything.
Now, normally I would chalk this up to a coincidence where someone looked similar, but not exact.

What gets me about this is the fact that I'm 6'1", with a shaved head and a ton of very distinctive self-designed tattoos. The chance of someone else having the same tattoos in the same locations is slim to none, and in general, have the same tattoos at all anywhere on their body is relatively slim.

The kicker here is that I have gotten new tattoos since we seperated, and they are ones that she hasn't seen, yet when she was talking about me following her she said "Oh yeah, and just to let you know, your new tattoos look like #!" .... that caught me off guard. I asked her what tattoos she was talking about and she proceeded to rattle off, in great detail, the list of new tattoos.

I still don't know what to make of this, but I do know she wasn't seeing me. How do I know this? Because when she was claiming I was following her, I was actually at work. I work 4 p.m. to 7 a.m. 5 days a week. Once I reminded her of this, she got silent, but still maintains it had to be me.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
In Australia they have womens magazines where you send in a photo of someone (a friend or family member) that looks like a famous celebrity, and you win cash if your's is chosen.

It might freak some people out, and thats ok, Its a natural human reaction. We aren't all tough cookies who can handle these apparent sightings.

I myself have had a few encounters, once in my girlfriends car she saw some guy in another car as we were driving into a shopping mall carpark, I missed it but she swears it was me.

And another time I was at a pharmacy waiting for a prescription when a lady came upto me and called me max or matt or something like that, and she swore that I was this guy to the point where I had to pull out my I.D and prove to her I was not who she thought I was.

My last encounter was at a job I worked at for a while, some guy I had not met yet had come back from holidays and he looked exactly like one of my friends at high school, but he was someone else, it happens all the time.

Don't Worry

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Well dopplegangers can happen i believe, but it is possible that your father was sleepwalking, so this could all be a fluke of nature

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Im not sure if this would fall under the doppleganger theory, but I have a story. My 16 year old cousin Brittany passed away June 1st of 2006. the family had a car wash to raise money for the funeral and other expenses. When I arrived there was girl there that I assume was one of Brittanys friends. The problem was she looked EXACTLY like Brittany, except 4 years older. I always found it odd and I couldnt stop looking at her because it was as if Brittany was standing right there in front of me, alive and well.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
There are so many people on this planet that it is inevitable that you are going to come across several people that look very much like another.

This should be very easy to prove since we now have almost everyone on earth in a database somewhere along with numerous photos.

I bet that if you took any one person and ran their picture through a database of pictures that you would come up with hundreds of pictures of people that look just like that person.

We like to think of ourselves as different but in actuality we are some much more alike than we are different.

The real amazing person will be the one that they run through the computer and come up with no one that looks like that one person.

Now that would be downright spooky.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

My dad told us about something that happened to him on a business trip. He was out of town, and sitting in the bar of the hotel where he was staying. Another nam came up to him, and told him that if he did not know, 100% ceertain, that so-and-so friend of his was back home in such-and-such town, he would swear that my dad was that friend. he claimed that they not only looked identical, but sounded the same, dressed the same, same hairstyle, same mannerisms, body language, everything. The guy even gave my dad a name, but he never followed up on it. I would have!

For myself, when I lived in Texas, I was approached more than once by different older ladies who simply started talking to me, before they realized that I was not the person they thought I was. They swore we were like twins. Add to that, when I applied for a driver's license in a different state, the clerk actually asked me if I HAD a twin, stating that someone else in the system had the same last name (my married name, mind you), a similar first name, and a SSN ONE DIGIT different. Oh, for a clerk one could bribe for information!!! Not having a twin I know about (and being listed as a single birth on my birth certificate), I don't know what to think. A double? A coincidence?

For me, all the mythology and creepiness aside, I want to MEET this person.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Seruak

That's quite interesting. I wonder how likely it is that people could have a twin they know nothing about? I have wondered about that personally (see my other response), and your story makes me wonder more.

On twins and the amazing coincidences; there was a pair of twin teenage girls working at a local McDonald's near where i used to live. Trying to "be their on person", they decided to shop for the prom separate from each other. They bought identical dresses, shoes, everything. When looking at colleges, same thing happened. Same school, same classes. I have heard of twins that met as adults and had married people with the same name, shared hairstyles, names kids and pets the same things, and so on.

So...how could people have a twin and never know about it? I wasn't adopted (I look WAY too much like my dad), but sometimes I wonder...

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
This is a great topic, of which I have been finding what I call "Soul clones" among the world.

Mannerisms, looks, general same interactions, and re-actions to life circumstances. I have been from coast to coast in the u.s.a, and it's darrrrnnned creepy.

Also for the OP, take a look at the case of Catholic Priest "Padre Pio". He was beatified, "made a saint" in particular for his ability to be in 2 places at once. They called the term "Bilocation."

-ADHD

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I have met my dopple ganger, through some rip in time the man appeared at the library I was working at, he looking just like me onoly 10 years later and had grown his hair out, too bad he had probably blown his brains out on acid. He was strange he drew odd symbols on index cards with markers. I saw him 2 or 3 times then he just disappeared, and I never saw hima gain, By the way I live on the Island Maui.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I am very serious when I tell you....my Doppelganger
went away when I stopped drinking corn liquor AKA "moonshine"

It vererly scared me straight. And I am now only drinking doppelbock.

Seriously, I have often wondered about the german spelling.

What are the other nations names for this phenom?

Peace

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Some people do some pretty elaborate sleep-walking.
Was he SEEN to be sleeping at precisely the same times he was seen out walking or anywhere?
Some people will get up, dress, eat, and get in their cars and start driving, only to wake up having no idea how they got in their vehicles and on the road....
There are plenty of cases where someone will get up and go through their normal daily rituals for a little while, but be totally oblivious to other people, or say very generic or out-of-touch things to them at best...

I don't doubt the doppelganger effect, I know far too little to say it doesn't exist, but in this case I wonder if you should start watching your dad a bit for some sleep-walking sort of stuff just in case!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Well i heard the story of an american soldier who saw himself in Iraq told him to turn around when driving the Hummer truck then 2 minutes later there was an explosion to where the doppelganger said to turn around.Sometimes doppelgangers are bad and sometimes good depends on you.But some believe a doppelganger is your angel revealing itself to you when in times of trouble or danger.I believe this theory

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
This happened about two months ago or so. I have two sons, 8 and 3; my wife and I are seperated and I share custody of our boys. I had the boys at my house, it was night time, and we were getting ready for bed. I had just gotten the boys out of the bath and was in my older son's room turning down his bed. He was in my bedroom still, where he was dressing, as they had bathed in my bathroom. My youngest was with me.

My oldest comes running in his room to me, yelling, and his face was as white as a sheet. He said as he was dressing, he saw a face that seemed to be floating above my bed. He said the face was mine, but younger, perhaps as a child.

I know that 8-year-olds can have quite an imagination, but with his reaction and apparent fear, I believed he did see something. So this, if this was my face he saw, is this my Doppelganger? And what would it mean if it was so much younger?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join