It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to build linear collider

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Russia to build linear collider

english.pravda.ru

Russian scientists gathered for a press conference after the successful launch of the Large Hadron Collider (LHC). Academician Viktor Matveyev put forward a suggestion to build another accelerator that would be a lot more powerful than the LHC. The academician said that it could be possible to build the Russian collider in the Moscow region.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Any thoughts for their reasons behind this?

english.pravda.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
You would assume that the lhc would have some sort of weapons applications. Finding out more secrets about our universe, and the west have the info, of course russia needs to keep up.

Thats what iassume it means.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Reason? Simply who has bigger collider. Boys stuff. However if Russian federation can make such a system on their own - it is a huuuge achievement. Current LHC was built by joint effort of a lot of countries. A lot of time, a lot of effort.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I don't think Russia would waste so much time and money building a supercollider if they weren't going to get some sort of scientific use out of it.

what would be the point of spending so much money just so that they can say "we've got a bigger one"? i'm sure they've got a lot better things they could be spending money on.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Although I chose your post as a target to my reply, my reply applies to more.

The LHC is the result of work from several countries, Russia included, and Russia has some experiments scheduled to be made there, so I don't see that as a "duel" between East and West.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

But there would be a great deal of info, and maybe in fighting between different countries. I know what you mean though. These things are never perfect, so russia probably knows its best to have there own version.

There are bound to be weapons applications, and if russia has its own one, they can work in secret.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
You would assume that the lhc would have some sort of weapons applications. Finding out more secrets about our universe, and the west have the info, of course russia needs to keep up.

Thats what iassume it means.

Russia dont have to keep up . What many people are not aware of is that there about 1000 Russian Scientists operating in the LHC , one of the best in the country. It is a joint research by many country. All they want now is to build one of their own as the first tested succesfully.
We still alive arent we

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
i believe if a nation wanted to build an advanced collider or something similiar with the intention of creating advanced weapons or weapons research they would do it in secret ,probably underground shielded from peering radars and electromagnetism, doing it publicly would allow anyone to steal your tech and thr results you come up with.

thus i believe this has nothing to do with weapons research.

i also believe there is a race to create the first micro singularity.ie a mini black hole and i believe it is being conducted in secret by the black ops and research of the worlds superpowers,japan and england.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

The one I'm hoping will come from all this particle bashing stuff is fusion generators, little ones you could even have in your house or car (or motorbike!!) of course that much potential for generating energy will have indirect weapons applications, for instance you could have airborne lasers that don't require a dirty great 747 to lift em.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It took 25 years to build the LHC. CERN will probably be working on the Very Large Hadron Collider by the time Russia is complete.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by welivefortheson
i believe if a nation wanted to build an advanced collider or something similiar with the intention of creating advanced weapons or weapons research they would do it in secret ,probably underground shielded from peering radars and electromagnetism, doing it publicly would allow anyone to steal your tech and thr results you come up with.

thus i believe this has nothing to do with weapons research.

i also believe there is a race to create the first micro singularity.ie a mini black hole and i believe it is being conducted in secret by the black ops and research of the worlds superpowers,japan and england.

Hi therer
Dont think there is any mad dash race you dig. They are all in on this. (planetary goverments/bosses/those who really are/think are in charge. Its a game/play/subtle disclosue of the facts of life......

Today their are LHC's that need 27 miles of spin around ground to crack the secrets. Tomorow in another 50/150 yrs there will be MINI LHC's on your desktop...

No..ok
Bring back betamax then...lol
peace
Kirky

new topics

top topics

join