It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Islam Propaganda In Sunday Newspaper

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Today i opened my Sunday newspaper and found an interesting DVD titled: "Obsession: Radical Islams War Against the West"

I have seen the documentary and it clearly exaggerates on all the myths we've heard time, and time again about Muslims. The film also encourages the following:

Start awarness groups in your community (Are you serious!!?)

Take action!!

And of course....

Donate Contributions (or the boogeyman will get you)

How dare this DVD compare the War on Terror to WWII, The fall of the Berlin Wall, Tianemen Square, etc.

Seriously speaking, what do you guys think of the governments use of terrorists for profit and fear spreading. I won't compare all this false propaganda to the media propaganda of the Nazis, but i fear someday it may reach that level...

[edit on 14-9-2008 by rudy23]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Anti Islamic sentiment has been around for a long long time, as shown by the Crusades amongst other things...

However,when things such as this crop up,it is clear to the logical mind that there is an agenda at work...

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GTasker
Anti Islamic sentiment has been around for a long long time, as shown by the Crusades amongst other things...

However,when things such as this crop up,it is clear to the logical mind that there is an agenda at work...

Yes the agenda in mind is peaceful existence without having to worry about getting blown up or killed for some perceived slight against a religion.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Perhaps you are misinterpreting the focus of such "Anti Islamic sentiment". The war on terror does not focus on Islam, but since 9/11 we have been fighting radical Muslim extremists that have bent and twisted Islam and formed a very different type of Islam. Some will claim that all Muslims are bad, but this is simply untrue. Fortunately it is a fairly small percentage of the overall global Muslim population are radicalized enough that they are of any threat to Western society. The problem is, the percentage that are radicalized, and could be considered "jihadis" are becoming increasingly skilled at networking, and thus sharing information on how to build IED's, plan attacks, set up cells, recruit, etc. They are also highly motivated, as has been demonstrated by the attacks in London, Madrid, Glasgow, New York in 1993 and 2001, in India just the other day. This "small percentage" is a huge threat to global progress, and in some places (eg, London) the radicalization that is happening right now among Muslim youth will be felt in Britain for the next 15-20 years. Watch Britain my friends, it's a good indication of where we are all headed if we don't keep up the War on Terror, and continue immigration reform to make it harder for people that hate us to come here and attack us.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Perhaps you are misinterpreting the focus of such "Anti Islamic sentiment". The war on terror does not focus on Islam, but since 9/11 we have been fighting radical Muslim extremists that have bent and twisted Islam and formed a very different type of Islam..

You are not correct in your buying of the mass media explanation that they have twisted Islam. It has not been twisted in any way shape or form, rather they are doing what their holy book the Koran tells them to, to kill the infidels.

I'm tired of hearing this bogus BS line that Islam has been twisted. If an obediant Muslim were to read the entire book and discount the passages where it calls for killing infidels, would they not be a disobediant Muslim.

The problem is the religion itself and the full adherance to the writings within the Koran.

[edit on 14-9-2008 by TH3ON3]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Actually it's quite obvious that the poster who believes that so called muslim extremists are following the religion obviously knows nothing about the religion other than what the general biased media might have portrayed. There's, what?, 1 billion muslims out there at least. If even half of those muslims were "following" the religion in line with the religion that "extremists" supposedly follow there wouldn't be much hope for anyone out there.

It's an Abrahamic religion, and thus is ridiculously similar to that of the Bible and the Torah. The sad thing, however, is that so many people just seem to believe and regurgitate false information they've heard as facts until it becomes widely accepted even if they have no actual understanding of the issue.

Additionally, I'm a Muslim but have grown up in a Western country. I have a problem with the culture that some middle eastern countries may follow, (some not all btw as most of them are quite civil), and I do believe that some of the problems people have with those of the Muslim faith actually tend to be more culture oriented, which do not reflect in any way on the religion yet are passed off as part of the religion by people who do not know any better. That, combined with the actions of uneducated people in some third world Muslim countries who have never even received an education and may grow up in a violent and deprived culture would obviously result in a few nutjobs. The sad thing is that people seem to assume that these nutjobs are the essence of the religion which is a complete pile of bollocks, as evident to anyone with any logic.

My value system is no different to any other atheist or Christian that I know and I don't actually have any other Muslim friends and I spend most of my time dining out and clubbing the night away like any other young adult and last time I had checked, I hadn't proclaimed war on any infidels or whatever else Muslims "supposedly" do. In fact, if people knew anything about the religion they would know that we are supposed to embrace people of the book, i.e. Abrahamic religions (Christianity and Judaism) as our own and are supposed to respect other people's beliefs. If anything, I would say my faith in the religion has made me more of a caring person than I would be otherwise. Other than that, I'm no different to anyone else and it saddens me when people make those kinds of comments.

Sorry for the essay!

join