It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama calls for US military mobilization

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

www.wsws.org

In a closely balanced election, with the outcome still very much in doubt, Obama hopes to win the support of the real decision-makers—the topmost levels of the financial, political and military elite. Only a Democrat, he is suggesting, with the smokescreen of “equal sacrifice” and “fairness,” can provide the millions of recruits for the US military machine that will be required for wars against countries such as Iran, Russia and China.

While utilizing the occasional high-flown phrase to appeal to the idealism of youth and students, Obama is offering the ruling class a brutal bargain: Select me as president, and I will repay you in blood.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related Discussion Threads:
engforum.pravda.ru...

[edit on 14-9-2008 by manson_322]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Oh, God , Obama is calling for a military draft to feed The american war machine , in wars against others and in eeven possibly Russia

I want to ask americans , Do you or your politicans have some kind of death wish , that your leaders McCain or Obama want war with Russia ....

do you , the people of America , want such leaders because of their madness and lust for power , who will ultimately have your families vaporised in russian nuclear strikes or having to die painful deaths with russian Biological Weapons

www.wsws.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
surprising , I thought that democrats are less rhetorical than republicans ....

It seems like Democrats and republicans are know towing the same propaganda line

sad these days are

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
This is exactly why you need to watch this

Forget it, forget the corrupt and bought two-party system
They both offer the same exact darn thing

There will be no change with obama

Wake up people

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
this is saddening , do americans even care to stop this fascism ???

no wonders the world hates USA

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

We Americans, have zero control of who gets elected to any office in this country as it is run by the Global mob. The people today in this country are largely feeble minded. They don't want bad things to happen. But, they are led astray and are mostly ignorant to the program being played.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

wow... pick and choose much? Nice to see that you only used the last two paragraphs for your source material. everyone knows your agenda here, too bad people don't buy into it, if they did you'd probably be a much happier person.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by manson_322
this is saddening , do americans even care to stop this fascism ???

no wonders the world hates USA

Obama was taken out of context, and you are one of the biggest America haters on this board. I wish Ron Paul had a shot at being President, so we would shut down all of our U.S. bases and stop all of this foreign aid to countries that hate us despite the millions we pour into their economies.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

you want more from the article , here read this :

But in the course of his discussion with Woodruff and Stengel, McCain repeatedly connected the imperative of “national service” with the outbreak of international crises in which an American military role would be posed. Citing the Russian intervention in Georgia and the deteriorating position of the US-backed regime in Afghanistan, he said the American people could “see a whole lot of things happening in the world that’s going to require us to serve.”

McCain also said that he would sign the bipartisan legislation, co-sponsored in the Senate by Democrat Edward Kennedy and Republican Orrin Hatch, to triple the size of Americorps, the domestic version of the Peace Corps.

Obama’s comments were even more directly related to building up the US military. He spoke at some length to offer effusive praise for the armed forces. Woodruff asked him about the record number of Army officers leaving the military because of repeated, lengthy overseas deployments.

The candidate responded, “Well, first of all, as commander-in-chief, my job is to keep America safe. And that means insuring that we’ve got the best military on Earth. And that means having the best persons in uniform on Earth. We have that right now, but as a consequence of these wars, they have been strained incredibly. I think it’s important for us to increase the size of our Army and our Marines so we can reduce the pace of tours that our young men and women are on.”

After recalling his grandfather’s service in World War II, in the army of General George Patton, he noted that his grandfather was eligible for GI Bill education benefits and Federal Housing Administration loans to help purchase a home because of government policies favoring the discharged veterans. “There was that sense of sacred obligation that, frankly, we have lost during these last two wars,” Obama said. “I want to restore that.”
www.wsws.org...

reply to post by yellowcard

no , I expose the true face of the American Empire

by read my post in relation to ron paul :

though I hate USA with a fervour for its meddling and genocide in third world countries ,

only a person like Ron Paul , can prevent US imperialism from destroying the world and harming nations

I wish USA had a leader like Ron Paul, the world would have been a much more peaceful place to live on

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I carefully watched the entire 2 hours of the show where your source apparently got its information and NEVER did Obama say anything that even insinuated that he was calling for a draft or that he wants a war with Russia!

When he said, “If we are going into war, then all of us go, not just some, " he was talking about the overwhelming numbers of poor and minority people who are serving in our current military. He thinks rich people's sons and daughters should be joining the service, too.

Your source has totally twisted the meaning of what Obama (and McCain for that matter - because they both agree) said. And frankly, I'm surprised you believed this piece of highly-biased and inaccurate media. Did YOU watch the forum?

By the way, the military needs to be rebuilt. If you haven't noticed, it's been depleted, used and abused in the past 5 years and we need to take care of them and build it back up again to claim that we have the strongest military in the world.

I'm sorry. Your article is rubbish.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

www.rense.com...

By Patrick Martin
13 September 2008

In remarks that clearly pointed toward the restoration of the military draft under an Obama administration, the Democratic candidate said Thursday night that his job as president would include demanding that the American people recognize an “obligation” for military service. “If we are going into war, then all of us go, not just some,” Senator Barack Obama declared.
newyork.craigslist.org...

Your source has totally twisted the meaning of what Obama (and McCain for that matter - because they both agree) said. And frankly, I'm surprised you believed this piece of highly-biased and inaccurate media. Did YOU watch the forum?

By the way, the military needs to be rebuilt. If you haven't noticed, it's been depleted, used and abused in the past 5 years and we need to take care of them and build it back up again to claim that we have the strongest military in the world.

US military is the strongest military, so what the hell , does it need rebuilting

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

no , I expose the true face of the American Empire

by read my post in relation to ron paul :

though I hate USA with a fervour for its meddling and genocide in third world countries ,

only a person like Ron Paul , can prevent US imperialism from destroying the world and harming nations

I wish USA had a leader like Ron Paul, the world would have been a much more peaceful place to live on

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You still have taken Obama out of context and remain one of the most anti-American people on this board. Even if Ron Paul was president you'd bash America for not rushing to your countries aid. America's leaders suck, but so do most every other countries leaders.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bismarcksea

i seems to me that you are being the forum troll , anyways, back to topic ...

why do you think Obama wants a military mobilisation

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard
Even if Ron Paul was president you'd bash America for not rushing to your countries aid. America's leaders suck, but so do most every other countries leaders.

That sir is incorrect, Ron Paul is against foreign aid.
Dr. No has a clear voting record of always voting against foreign aid

He is a non-interventionist
He believes that people should help other countries but not the govt. because this does not fall within the role of govt. and also he says govt. always messes things up.

He also stated that right now, foreign aid, as we all know, is mostly given to dictators(puppet govts.) and barely gets to the people. But private organisations statistically has helped 3rd world countries way better.

It's time to show empathy, it's time for you to consider how americans would react if arabs held over 700 military bases in over 140 countries, and had their land surrounded by an armada of ships.

Terroists don't hate you for your freedoms, your own govt. hates you for your freedoms.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by yellowcard
Even if Ron Paul was president you'd bash America for not rushing to your countries aid. America's leaders suck, but so do most every other countries leaders.

That sir is incorrect, Ron Paul is against foreign aid.
Dr. No has a clear voting record of always voting against foreign aid

That's what I'm saying, that's why I said "for NOT rushing to your countries aid."

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

yes exactly
you are saying that foreigners might hate america for not sending foreign aid to someone who said if RP was president there wouldn't be so much hate.

And I said that's incorrect, because most RP supporters are against foreign aid.

It's not a difficult equation

No more blowback = eventually no terroism = both troops and american taxpayer money stay home

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Oh, God , Obama is calling for a military draft to feed The american war machine , in wars against others and in eeven possibly Russia

mediamatters.org...

Given the context of the discussion I believe he is talking about making the ROTC available on all campuses in the US, NOT a draft.

OBAMA: But it's also important that a president speaks to military service as an obligation not just of some, but of many. You know, I traveled, obviously, a lot over the last 19 months. And if you go to small towns, throughout the Midwest or the Southwest or the South, every town has tons of young people who are serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. That's not always the case in other parts of the country, in more urban centers. And I think it's important for the president to say, this is an important obligation. If we are going into war, then all of us go, not just some.

I don't support this man, but people need to get the context of the discussion before blindly flailing their arms around screaming "the draft is coming"!

[edit on 9/14/08 by Angry Danish]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
This is all so orchestrated it makes me sick. RP has been pushed aside from day one. Our fellow Americans are allowing this to happen. The sheeple are most definitely sleepwalking now and the results are about to arrive. I'm not feeling very good at all about this situation and with the collapse of Lehman Brothers all hell is about to break lose on the Global Market... crazy times to be alive indeed. Obama will most likely be assassinated if he wins as well.
the cards are all in place...

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Just chill out. Your impaired ability to comprehend what is being said and written doesn't necessarily mean that you are in serious trouble. As long as you remember your name, the place you live and how to find the nearest liquor store, there is no reason to worry. Just stay away from the politics for a while.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join