It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA and the Galveston West End Cover up

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Ok I've heard that there is no media coverage of galveston because it is protected air space because of the biodefense lab.

Anyone know anything about this.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I love ATS, but this headline makes me mad. The west end of Galveston is not close to UT. Where you see pictures of the seawall with the road perfectly intact, if you were standing in the water looking back toward the piles of debris, UT would be towards your right. The houses were flooded, but they are still standing.

The West End would be back about 5 to 10 miles even towards your left. The helicopter flying over showed all these houses flooded, but intact. To me, the worst damage looks more down the coast far to the east at Crystal Island. It looks to me like many of the homes there were completely destroyed as there is nothing left but slabs. So, for those of you worried about UT -- I would relax. I will agree that biological threat is a very real one. I also wonder about the possibility that someone knows how to create hurricanes. That is a forum I wish someone would start. God bless my friends in Galveston - I had to grieve New Orleans and now Gaido's....I can't stand very much more loss.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixBaller04
Ok I've heard that there is no media coverage of galveston because it is protected air space because of the biodefense lab.

Bush wiped his butt (again) with that "piece of paper" the rest of us call the Constitution and restricted all general aviation traffic over a 5000 mile length of coast line.

[edit on 9-14-2008 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Thanks! As a matter fact this is perfect! I was going to ask, is the long bridge we see in the beginning of this video the I-45 bridge to Galveston or is it the Bluewater Highway at the west end of the Island? I'm checkin it on google maps and I'm not sure where exactly this is.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuebor

Not really. What we want is to be able to breathe a big sigh of relief that our worst fears are not confirmed. We can't do that without confirmation through the media.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
btw how much coverage has there been on the situation in Haiti?

Oh, you forgot about that?

Always easier to invent a conspiracy than care about real people.

We don't know how bad the situation to the west of Galveston is. But claiming imaginary conspiracies just because we don't know the facts is, well, frankly offensive.

Those who can do. Those who can't be bothered just blame someone else ....

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
btw how much coverage has there been on the situation in Haiti?

Oh, you forgot about that?

Always easier to invent a conspiracy than care about real people.

We don't know how bad the situation to the west of Galveston is. But claiming imaginary conspiracies just because we don't know the facts is, well, frankly offensive.

Those who can do. Those who can't be bothered just blame someone else ....

I find it really ironic - and it speaks volumes toward your mentality on this issue - that you just used one of the most suppressive and corrupt governments as a comparison to the same secrecy involved in the Galveston situation right now.

Apparently since Haiti is an oppressed, unfree and martialed populace, it must be okay if we become same as well.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Just saw pics from Crystal Beach on TXCN. Mostly just pilings left, hardly no houses left standing.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

There is some good coverage from BBC.

Scary!

news.bbc.co.uk...

People are hurting and the news is reporting more mind numbing political ploys.

Now THAT is offensive.

I think this is about politics. Bush doesn't want his beloved Texas to be shown as ineffective towards the rescue of the worst hit.

Not that Texas isn't trying, I think they are just overwhelmed. But goes to show how much control the president has over the media.

[edit on 14-9-2008 by Manasseh]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by loamIncidentally, based on the absence of detailed images from the West End and the plethora of images from everywhere else, I have to agree, something is up.

[edit on 14-9-2008 by loam]

It doesn't take alot of speculation to figure out what's "up". As someone said a few posts back...there are, or may be, many bodies floating among the debris, and there is no reason whatsoever to show these images to the public. How would you like to learn you've lost a friend or relative by seeing their body floating in the flood waters after a hurricane?

I think it's very clear that the western end of Galveston is a total loss.
I can't fathom any possible reason to try to hide this fact from the public, it would be impossible. They are simply censoring terrible images of death.

[edit on 9/14/2008 by darkbluesky]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

Yeah, me too.

The area looks scoured.

reply to post by darkbluesky

I don't disagree with you. But I also hope you are just wrong. That we are all wrong.

[edit on 14-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Where'd you hear that?

More disingenuous speculation leading to false rumours

But who cares about people so long as you have a story?

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Hey uh folks? Where exactly is this "biodefence"place? Cause checking it out, it appears to be towards the east end of the Island. And its a part of University of Texas Medical Branch.
UTMB Keiller Building is found on the east side, not the west side.

Also from them right now:

utmbinfo.com...

SPECIAL BULLETIN: Galveston National Lab, Keiller Building, & Shope Lab
Published by Information Serviceson September 13, 2008in Institutional Information.
Despite rumors to the contrary, the Galveston National Lab (GNL) has suffered no damage as far as we can see. The building was at the end phase of construction. There was no research taking place and no one is occupying the building.

The Keiller Building did experience some flooding in the basement but the rest of the facility is fine. There has been no loss of biocontainment or biosecurity. All labs were decontaminated and secured prior to the arrival of the storm. All agents have been stored in proper containers. The Shope Lab within the Keiller Building also remains secure.

UTMB Emergency Operations Center

« UTMB Emergency Operations Center UpdateUpdate from 3 p.m. UTMB Staff Briefing »

[edit on 9/14/2008 by GenRadek]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This is just tragic.

Kudos to you Val, for yet another superb (if the such a term can be respectfully applied to so horrible an event) posting.

With respect to, what I believe was, the original thrust of this thread, namely the denial of coverage concerning the hardest hit section of Galveston:

I fear we may be seeing the effect of the "Orwellian-ization" of official rationale, vis-a-vis Government's relationship to the public at large.

This is Not to bash ANY administration or governmental body in particular; it is merely a recognization of a shift in rationale that has been adopted, seemingly, at all levels of officialdom.

We have become a society wherein "Our Right to Kwow" has been circumscribed by officialdom's refusal to feel compelled to honor said Right.

And we seem to lack either the will or the wherewithall to force the issue.

The machinations of this "shift" have been subtle but powerful. In seeking a civil society, ostensibly ruled by Law, we have sublimated our need for accountability (revenge) to the adjudication of the legislative and judicial systems we've extablished. We settle disputes, and ascribe responsibilities, through litigation and legislatation.

We have repudiated the brutal axiom of "Might Makes Right" for a more civil and mature "The Proof is in the Evidence".

In so doing, we have perhaps overlooked the possibility that those who can control the Evidence are in the perfect position to Control the Truth.

In a society where the messenger has been too often killed for the distress his message has caused, the "Messengers", be they government officials, corporations, journalists, or even friends and relatives, have become wary of delivering anything that might be construed as "bad news".

We have, it seems, as a society, adopted the fervent belief that,

"It is better to say nothing and be thought duplicitous, than to speak and be held accountable".

It is, I'm afraid, our own fault.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Yes here in America we get hourly reports on who Madonna is sleeping with the wart on Britney Spears inside of her upper thigh and all the other worthless chit chat you can think of.

In order to get any news at all worth hearing I have to turn to the BBC.

Here in America our news isn't worth diddley squat, we aren't being kept informed on what's really going on.

The control of information is something the elite always does, particularly in a despotic form of government. Information, knowledge, is power. If you can control information, you can control people. -- Tom Clancy

[edit on 14-9-2008 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manasseh

But goes to show how much control the president has over the media.

[edit on 14-9-2008 by Manasseh]

What!

That is a ridiculous statement.

So Bush is now running a Ike cover up from the White House

wow

[edit on 14-9-2008 by Tuebor]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Where'd you hear that?

More disingenuous speculation leading to false rumours

But who cares about people so long as you have a story?

On the news - Bush restricted general aviation traffic over a 5000 mile coastal length.

You really need to go read the news some.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuebor

Amazing. We are the brainwashed ones to be curious about what they are NOT telling us, as opposed to taking what we are being told, and simply being satisfied with that?

You cannot see that there is more going on right now than they are showing on FOX news?

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuebor

That was unnecessary. Nobody wants devastation or loss of life. What we all want is a spark of good news, but we have to take the news and reports as they are, not as we wish them to be. That's why I emphasized that what I wrote was second-hand, unconfirmed, and speculation. I really don't think you meant that the way it sounded. I think you would help if you could.

This is really a time to pull together. The best of what we are sometimes really shines in the aftermath of such an event.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

And repeated here:

There is an airspace (sfc to 5,000)restriction spanning most of SE TX that only allows SAR aircraft. We expect this to continue for at least 36-48 hours due to a high expectation of massive SAR ops.

Link.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join