It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA and the Galveston West End Cover up

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
btw I hear that Crystal Beach and Gilchrist on the Bolivar Penisular have been totally destroyed ... but I guess that doesn't matter?

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

This picture says a lot!

That's AFTER the surge. I can't imagine what it looked like DURING the surge.

OMG.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Several of my buddies have gone from LA to Galveston area -- S&R team; two teams that I know members of from different areas, but they have trained in the same modality. We've been pressing for information, and the general feeling, at least early this morning, is that W. end is so bad, so potentially visceral that it is deemed "inappropriate to telvise." Please note that this is second-hand, and speculation by folks on the ground that haven't yet been there.

I'm very scared for both the responders and, of course, those that stayed behind. I wish I were there..... I know, crazy, but always felt better being at the front than behind the lines as logistic support. [edit to add that I'm not providing any support whatsoever, nor do I have the ability to do so from here].

If I get any word that is verifiable, I'll post it here. I would guess, and this is only my guess, that biologicals wouldn't be a great concern at THIS POINT, but could later on...... most viral biologicals are really quite fragile, until introduced to a host environment. Bacteriological mutagens are pretty resiliant by comparison. I have no personal knowledge of what may or may not be contained in the area. I have had some experience with response to suspected biological contamination, and the criteria and methods for containment of samples in laboratories (or at least info I had as of 14 years ago) was pretty stringent and sturdy vessels. I'm sure things have improved since then.

I hope and pray it's not as bad as I fear. My gut is in knots and while I don't want to boost anyone's elevated emotions, I gotta tell you my gut doesn't knot up easily. Probably just that people I care about are in harm's way.

I hope those that aren't opposed to the idea dig deep and say some heartfelt prayers for everyone effected by this storm.

[edit on 14-9-2008 by argentus]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

That's AFTER the surge. I can't imagine what it looked like DURING the surge.

OMG.

That's Jamaica Beach there - 16 mile mark. It only gets narrower the further west you go.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Where is the link to these pictures? Need pictures or video of Jamaica Beach. We are anxious to see how our properties are.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek
Taken from the forums here:
www.khou.com...

Hurricaine Ike - Coast Guard Fly Over - West End
www.youtube.com...

From the West end:
pictures.meylor.com...
Jamaica Beach I believe

Another flyover:
www.youtube.com...

I dont know how much farther west it shows,

It doesn't. It starts at Jamaica Beach and heads east.

link   

Originally posted by Tuebor
Why? I don't know but I'm not willing to go down the CT road.....yet.

If there are dead floaters, that would explain the black out as far as the visuals are concerned. They may not want to report on the number of bodies etc. until they can be confirmed as fatalities. They also have the issue of locationg and notifying next of kin. I'm not ready to go with conspiracy, yet. I'm trying to gather info. But TXCN keeps dropping off air, is off now.

link   
There is definitely some form of cover-up.

CNN is only showing short segments of coverage of the hurricane at the top of the hour, then going back to the endless "lip stick" political coverage.

Rob Marciano is reporting from the Hotel that he safely stayed at, and hasn't showed any images to the south of his position, only mentioning rescue efforts are in progress.

Yet somehow "game wardens" are getting into the area to rescue individuals from the area, but no pictures.

Yes, I believe there is some sort of conspiracy going on here.

Essan,

maybe you should go back to telling people chemtrails don't exist, after all, this is a conspiracy forum.

link   

After an intense and grueling 120 hours of working the Ike mission, Mike and I are almost finished. We had an incredible stroke of good luck and found people to help us retrieve the last remaining remote camera unit that was placed at Bermuda Beach. The best news is that most homes in the area around Bermuda Beach are not bulldozed. Some are in shamlbes but at ground level, I did not see the total devastation that I witnessed in post-Katrina. I do not know about structures farther west along Galveston Island but we hope this bit of good news will give a little bit of hope for those wondering about Bermuda Beach and vicinity. Mike and I are now leaving Galveston which in and of itself will be yet another adventure. I will post more here later today.

www.hurricanetrack.com...

link   

Originally posted by Essan
btw I hear that Crystal Beach and Gilchrist on the Bolivar Penisular have been totally destroyed ... but I guess that doesn't matter?

Of course it matters,

thanks for Adding to the thread!

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Thank you for this information and please, do, continue to update as you hear more from your friends. They are in my prayers along with everyone else affected by this catastrophe.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I took a look on google maps, and seeing how bad Jamaica Beach got hit, its probably not looking any better farther west. I think this photo was tekn after the surge. I'd hate to see the amount of erosion done from this storm. Galveston is like a huge sandbar and very suceptable to erosion by storms. The west end is very narrow and seeing this photo shows a slightly wider part, I'd think the west end has been obliterated.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixBaller04

Thanks for this. Just to be straight on where we're at with reports - Bermuda Beach is 5 miles east of Jamaica Beach and located at the 11 mile mark.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Thanks.

I was just trying to figure that out myself.

Good grief...the rest of the west portion of the island must be complete toast. I guess that's where the "monumental" and "horrendous" must come in to play.

Incidentally, based on the absence of detailed images from the West End and the plethora of images from everywhere else, I have to agree, something is up.

[edit on 14-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

It doesn't. It starts at Jamaica Beach and heads east.

Doh! I know I should have noticed that!

But as for the other videos I dont know how much else they showed. But the west end it not really that populated or anything major there as seen from google maps. I doubt they are trying to hide something there.

Sorry if I already posted this video. Would anybody know where this one is flying over?
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
David H. Walker, M.D.
Professor and Chairman, Department of Pathology
WRCE Principal Investigator
The University of Texas Medical Branch
301 University Blvd., Keiller Bldg.
Galveston, TX 77555-0609 USA
Phone: 409-772-3989
Fax: 409-772-1850
[email protected]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by Valhall

Thanks.

I was just trying to figure that out myself.

Good grief...the rest of the island must be complete toast. I guess that's where the "monumental" and "horrendous" must come in to play.

Jebus. You people are proof that the negativity of media news brainwashes the sheeple. It's almost as if you won't be satisfied until you can confirm your worst fears.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

Here it is in a yvid tag:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuebor

Originally posted by Tuebor
It's almost as if you won't be satisfied until you can confirm your worst fears.

Did that make you feel better?

[edit on 14-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manasseh

Essan,

maybe you should go back to telling people chemtrails don't exist, after all, this is a conspiracy forum.

Just for the record...as I challenged him when he first came on this thread with an attitude - I've not mentioned anything of a conspiracy. Cover-up is not conspiracy. Cover-up means they want to handle the situation outside the public's ability to assess decisions and actions. Conspiracy implies some kind of plan toward an end.

I don't think there is some nefarious plan at play here - I think we have government agencies and public LE trying to not be reviewed by the people who pay them.

Perry's statements during the press conference were enough to make my stomach upset. While anyone with half a brain would agree that if you ignore evacuation orders and stay in the path of a hurricane you get whatever is dealt you and cause problems and risks to others who will have to attempt to save you - right this minute when government agencies are not being forthcoming as to the situation in areas like the west end and Bolivar - specific locations asked about - is NOT the appropriate time for Perry to be acting like "they got what they deserved".

Admonition can come later - hell, I think idiots ought to have to pay the full bill on their rescues - but now is not the time. Now is the time to answer questions, release footage, and explain your "triage" plan.

[edit on 9-14-2008 by Valhall]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join