It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA and the Galveston West End Cover up

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

I really believe they were not a large number of people on the west end during the storm.

THIS is my prayer. I surely hope not. I feel so bad for all who have lost their homes.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Galveston area Police, Fire, and Rescue:
(includes Coast Guard, air traffic, amateur radio, etc.) Offline

At THIS link: tx.scanamerica.us...

Was it online before? And taken down?

Why covering up what is going on? The cell phone thing bothered me bad, how are people supposed to call for help?? Or are they? What?!

Thanks for all the updates, don't know where to go for news on this but here. No access to tv.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
there is no ebola virus or smallpox virus in galviston.the water is contminated from sewage.FEMA is doing all they can.What else do you you want?

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Yup.

They are also using the term "monumental destruction".

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
is this on KHOU your are watching?

i stumnbled on to this thread sence i have family in houston. they stayed. and there fine but would the biofacility effect houston too? god i hope not

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by Valhall

Yup.

They are also using the term "monumental destruction".

I don't know if you picked up on one pair of statements made almost back-to-back that really disturbed me. He stated that surprisingly they saw cattle roaming around that had survived...and then followed it up with "that was the only life (or living thing) they saw".

If the water in the area where the cattle were seen was shallow enough for cattle to be walking around, it's shallow enough for people to be out trying to be noticed by a chopper.

That was disturbing.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dobsonion2
there is no ebola virus or smallpox virus in galviston.the water is contminated from sewage.FEMA is doing all they can.What else do you you want?

Oh man, I am so glad we have you here to update us on all of the details of what is really going on in Galveston.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by darkmdbeener

I think the bio lab thing is a non-issue. If you look at my posts in this thread, you'll see they destroyed everything before evacuating-- at least they said they did.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

I did.

In other words, cattle don't weather storms in attics.

link   
I'm watching TXCN. Galv city manager: not sure what happened to peope on west end. All I have for now.

link   

link   
reply to post by loam

Here's a link to some webcam images that are pretty concerning.

If people stayed behind, there will be more casualties.

www.weatherbonk.com...
www.weatherbonk.com...

[edit on 14-9-2008 by Manasseh]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

i highly doubt that they destroy all the pathogens. they are scientist they just wouldnt get rid of there work. there work is there lives.

[edit on 14-9-2008 by darkmdbeener]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

>I hear an announcement of letter codes, followed by Morse Code.

That's the probably required station identification information transmitted by a amateur radio repeater. You're hearing the call sign for the station in voice (the letters) and in morse. Some repeaters have more information (ex: "AA7ABC owned and operated by the Town Radio Club"), some only transmit the minimum requirement.

From the FCC regs:

"Each amateur station, except a space station or telecommand station, must transmit its assigned call sign on its transmitting channel at the end of each communication, and at least every ten minutes during a communication, for the purpose of clearly making the source of the transmissions from the station known to those receiving the transmissions."

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Manasseh

Yes, those images are disturbing. As Val picked up, I don't think even they believe they will find anyone on the west end.

See this article, for example:

Galveston Island: Important updates from emergency leaders

Texas Task Force 1 is currently searching Galveston homes and structures. The teams will move across the island east to west. Search activities should be complete in the next 72 hours.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Such a shame that a natural and humanitarian disaster is already down to conspiracy theories. Not sure I really want anything to do with American websites like ATS any more

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Such a shame that a natural and humanitarian disaster is already down to conspiracy theories. Not sure I really want anything to do with American websites like ATS any more

It's not really a conspiracy, it's more of a question as to why the media is not coming forth with more information in the aftermath.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Taken from the forums here:
www.khou.com...

Hurricaine Ike - Coast Guard Fly Over - West End
www.youtube.com...

From the West end:
pictures.meylor.com...
Jamaica Beach I believe

Another flyover:
www.youtube.com...

I dont know how much farther west it shows, but the picture and the video shows the airport and also shows Jamaica Beach. If it is this bad at Jamaica Beach, I dont even want to think farther west as it is much smaller and closer to water!
Galveston has been messed up by Ike. The damage is momentous and it wil take a while. I can understand why the closed off the West End as from the video and photos, its not looking too good.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf

It's not really a conspiracy, it's more of a question as to why the media is not coming forth with more information in the aftermath.

Uhhhhhh

Because there is a media blackout of the westside.

Why? I don't know but I'm not willing to go down the CT road.....yet.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf

I find it offensive that ATS is such a bad place, because we are not supposed to be curious to find out what is going on in our homeland, to fellow Americans??

Where IS an acceptable place to talk about updates about a storm that happened to us?

Wasn't gunna comment. Done now.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join