It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Because I loved cows as a kid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

The New York Times reported that Palin had given the 95,000-dollar-a-year directorship of the state division of agriculture to a high school classmate, Franci Havemeister, who cited her childhood love of cows as a qualification for running the agency.

These accusations, by the New York Times, if true could spell the end of Palin's political career.

Especially disturbing is the claim about state employees using personal email accounts for state bussiness to avoid subpeonas

news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 14-9-2008 by RickinVa]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by RickinVa

The New York Times reported that Palin had given the 95,000-dollar-a-year directorship of the state division of agriculture to a high school classmate, Franci Havemeister, who cited her childhood love of cows as a qualification for running the agency.

These accusations, by the New York Times, if true could spell the end of Palin's political career.

Especially disturbing is the claim about state employees using personal email accounts for state bussiness to avoid subpeonas

news.yahoo.com...

lmao! Man I love American politics
By the end of all this, all of them, on all sides, are going to feel so stupid they won't want to leave their homes.

The thing with the cows is pretty funny though lol what was he thinking? Better yet, why did she hire him!

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Love of cows was the ONLY qualification? I think the media is really scraping the bottom of the barrel here. They can't find anything real so they resort to the pettiest nit-picking.

Anyone in a position of power is going to have some that do not like them, and apparently if there are 5 people out there that don't like Palin for whatever reason they are going to turn it into a front page cover story.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
They can't find anything real so they resort to the pettiest nit-picking.

This is what happens when you have 2 year long campaigns!

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Meh. I like how the writer just tosses that **** against the wall, with no discussion of this person's actual qualifications. I suppose I'll have to do the author's work for them; the Havemeister family is/was heavily involved in the dairy farming industry in Alaska.

Link

Now, if I can find that out after 5 minutes on Google that her father-in-law and possibly her husband (I have no information on his line of work as of yet) had involvement in the dairy industry and that Franci Havemeister, who was technically a real estate agent, had enough involvement to organize a rally to keep the state-run services open, surely the NY Times or whoever would see fit to investigate this further.

Or not.

And how well has she performed her duties in that role? Another important consideration, but one conveniently kicked to the curb. This is something I do not know, but apparently, the author would prefer you don't know, either.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I had a childhood fascination and love of space travel.
Can I become head of NASA please?

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I may get in trouble for this one... I couldn't help myself though.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14-9-2008 by sanctum]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkinmoo
I may get in trouble for this one... I couldn't help myself though.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14-9-2008 by sanctum]

Yes indeed!
Maybe you have some other predictions for the near future?

(The mods were quick on that one!)

Seriously though, has the OP´s story been corroborated yet?
It sounds so unbelievable...

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Thread needs to be closed.

I can appreciate the dark humor, but there's no policy statement and it's based on accusations of wrong doing.

Badge01
Forum Moderator

top topics

join