It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The HOAX Ends Early In 2008 College Football... Or How We Won't Have To Suffer A Lame BCS Champions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Saturday night was the "Collision in the Coliseum," a game for the ages, the pinnacle of what college football should be... With one minor caveat... only one team showed up. USC gang raped Ohio State last night and everyone tried to act shocked... One would usually have to be watching a Notre dame game to hear pre-game hype turn into abject failure on the field...

But why would anyone be even mildly surprised? The fraud that is the Ohio State program has been hoaxing it's way through college football for years. But Mirth, they won a National Championship not so long ago... Didn't they? The game was over and Miami had won... Then a late flag (well after the play was over) gave Ohio State the ball on the 2 yard line. The game was over in the first overtime and the referees handed the game to Ohio State (I bring this up because there is a perception of dominance and dynasty where one does not exist).

Fast forward from this "accomplishment" and find a game of import that Ohio State has won... You can't... Beating Michigan is not an accomplishment, it should be a given... The rest of the Big Ten is little more than "Our Lady Sisters of the Poor" anymore. This is not the 1950's myopic Midwest Kool-aid drinkers. It is only by the oral... Errr... Moral support of ESPN and various other sports writers who buy into their own sychophantic delusions. Beat downs in BCS Championship games they shouldn't even be playing in should have been evidence enough of the fraud that is the OSU program, but this early season loss should prevent a repeat of men playing boys in January.

The Ohio State University.. The most overrated college football program in the last ten years (Notre Dame being a close second).

[edit on 14/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Ummmm one loss may not be enough to prevent them from playing for a National Championship.

Remember last year? They lost to Illinois and still were in the title game.

Yes, they needed help from other teams, but it happened and could again.

Yes, Buckeye fan here.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Exactly... And what happened in that game? They got slapped down. The Kool-aid is passed around to the poll voters by the ghost of Woody Hayes (A man I admire, along with Bo Schembechler), and it's obviously buckeye flavored... I would have no problem if the "The" was playing a competitive schedule and winning, but they are racking up accolades against tomato cans, and then offer nothing but excuses when they have to play the big game and lose...

Real football is spelled South Eastern Conference.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
reply to post by elevatedone

Real football is spelled South Eastern Conference.

Yes it is.... GO Wildcats !!! Nice to see them actually be able to compete in a game.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Someone has been reading my thread...

LOS ANGELES - All week long, you were assured that Saturday night's big game had "national championship implications."
It might have. If only Ohio State had shown up.

Then again, that's nothing new for the Buckeyes, who have failed to show up for the last two national championship games.

What you are left with is less an implication than an emphatically harsh reminder that the Buckeyes do not merit any discussion for the title game. Let them go back home and beat Troy 106-0 next week. Let them run the table in the Big Ten. So what? With Saturday in evidence — Ohio State and Michigan crushed — the Big Ten doesn't seem so big anymore.

msn.foxsports.com...'t-deserve-BCS-hype-anymore

Nothing like being ahead of the curve... Seems like the media might be able to put down the glass of Kool-aid that is Ohio State (no "The" needed).

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Bumpity bump...

Further humiliation is just hours away... The Big 10 has tanked mightily in this year's bowl games and I don'texpect tonight to be any different.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
South Eastern Conference is the hardest and the best conference out there. I know', I know " someone will beat me down for saying that but when you look at what the SEC schedules look like compared to any other and you see why it's hard to get a National Championship with each team beating up each other all season. Well UT football is about to change and I'm so happy. Lane Kiffin is putting together a good staff and one can only hope that they turn it around down here. Even as bad as Tennessee played this year we would probably beat Ohio State.

You are so right about the Buckeyes being so over rated and it's time for a playoff system if you ask me. Let's see who the best team really is. I honestly think Alabama got the shaft by losing the SEC Championship game by a number 4 ranked team when Florida got beat by an unranked team. We need a playoff system and kick the BCS out.

GO VOLS!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

I have the deepest respect for SEC football... It is without a doubt, the toughest college conference in the country. For those that invoke the Utah vs Alabama game, it was a compelling victory and by virtue of their undefeated status makes the "Championship Game" Thursday night... Irrelevant.

It's time for a playoff plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

Go Gamecocks!

Not really a fan, just like saying "gamecocks"

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
And how...

Another disappointing year, even despite the late fourth quarter laundry fest from the zebras...

If they handed out trophies for hype the "The" would be flush... Instead of flushed...

Give it up Big-10 you're not even in the Mountain West's league...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Sorry, but there is nothing I enjoy more than seeing Ohio State get beaten. I was really hoping they would get beat to death the way they were the last two years, but a loss is a loss.

Not only that, but my not very good Kentucky team pulled the upset of East Carolina in their bowl last week. Now all I need to see is Florida beat OK by a few touchdowns and I'll chalk this up to be one very successful college football season.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Well we down here in the Sec have been saying that for years.

It is crazy that it is i think the only college sport that doesn't have a play off. I am Tired of teams like Ohio State, USC, Oklahoma, and the others. Go through the year without playing teams in the caliber. They have good teams but they don't have to play to their standerds. If you would put them against three SEC teams a year their national standings and the soap box the NCAA puts them on would come crashing down.
Weagle Weagle Weagle War Damn Eagle.
Go Gators. Green BCS Red everybody else

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Go Boston College! Second, boo the rest of the teams who make it higher then BC with worse records.. I hate how the BCS does it. You can win and drop in rankings, or lose and rise in rankings. If you win against a horrible team, well, you were supposed too win and your ranking drops because you won by two touchdowns and not four touchdowns. You lose, but its against a mega team like USC or the Longhorns, by only a last second field goal, and you go up two rankings. What, Utah went undefeated? Well this team with no wins is ahead of them because they lost to really good teams. Another thing is they base the teams every year on how they played when they started the program. What was that, 1998? So sure your team is undefeated for the past six years, but ten years ago when they started the program your team sucked so you might be lucky to make it to a bowl game. What, your team was the most dominant team in 1998? Well you can be like the Buckeyes and go to a really good bowl game, and lose again, because ten years ago you had a really good team. BCS gives me heartburn and headaches. Go Patriots!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
You know................

The BCS Selection Committee needs to show some love to us Big East fans too. For the past three our of four years, West Virginia won the title and played in a BCS title game and beat the teams that were put up against them. When WVU played #8 Georgia in the 2006 edition of the Sugar Bowl in Atlanta, they set a BCS record for most points aggregately scored in a half, fifty-two points scored altogether by WVU and the Dawgs. If you guys think back to it, not even twenty - four hours before that. We had one of the worst mining accidents in state history.

Last year against Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl had to be one of the biggest bowl victories in school history. That being the twenty point beat down of the Sooners at the hands of the Mountaineers. The Big East has proven once again that we can play and beat the big boys of college football. So why not put a Big East team in something like the Rose Bowl or the National Title Game? I guarantee that the Big East can beat almost any team that gets thrown our way.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Being a die hard Univ. of Washington fan I got nothin'... 0-12!!!! Makes for great conversation, but nothing else...

Utah rocks. Undefeated. Uncrowned national champion.

new topics

top topics

join