It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weights and Heights of playboy playmates and models

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
As a hobby about ten years ago, I started to track the weight and height of women in playboy and the playboy newsstand specials. I have a lot data samples of height and weights of playmates and models.

No matter what issue I use as a sample, I get the same number. The average is 5' 5" at 114 pounds.

In fact, the current PMOY of October 2008 is 5' 5" 115 pounds.

There could be some sort of Gaussian explanation behind this , or, the number could be based on Hugh Hefner's own height.

I also noticed that many adult film stars are also 5' 5". What's the deal?

[edit on 9/14/08 by mabus325]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mabus325

Unless you are reading a senior citizens or O.A.P's edition, i would say don't know why the models are 65?

So you edited it....now my comment looks silly.....ah well

[edit on 14/9/08 by blupblup]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mabus325
There could be some sort of Gaussian explanation behind this , or, the number could be based on Hugh Hefner's own height.

It probably has to do with body proportion. Most runway models are 5’10 and above. Longer limbs, more subtle curves, not as voluptuous as the lingerie/bunny type models.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

I understand that. I have noticed that BMIs are in the low 18 high 17. But why is 5'-5" 114 a magic figure? Runway models are probably at least 5-8.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
When I first viewed this thread the ad at the top of the page was an appeal to end world hunger.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The average height for a woman is 5 feet 3.8 inches. Thats not very far off what you've found.

The average weight for a woman is 162.9 pounds. That part is a bit of a difference. But everyone knows these kinds of magazines always focus in on the thinnest women.

I guess I don't see the surprise here.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

As a hobby about ten years ago, I started to track the weight and height of women in playboy and the playboy newsstand specials. I have a lot data samples of height and weights of playmates and models.

No matter what issue I use as a sample, I get the same number. The average is 5' 5" at 114 pounds.

In fact, the current PMOY of October 2008 is 5' 5" 115 pounds.

I also noticed that many adult film stars are also 5' 5". What's the deal?

It's interesting, that's for sure. I'd suggest you send your findings to someone versed in illuminati numerology, and ask them about it.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I think the proportions would look "off" if you had a woman who is significantly shorter or taller than that.

For example, it's good to be "all legs" during a runway show, but in a photograph, it may just come out looking awkward.

I wonder if it also has something to do with matching the size of the woman to the background of the picture?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
My guess is Hugh Heff is about 5'7/5'8 and he doesn't want a bird being taller than him, lol. As for the weight, he'll have a particular 'build' he'd prefer, afterall, they all look like each other pretty much, same size...ahem, assets. So these would all average out to a similar size and height, are they all within 1lb of each other? thats pretty sick to be conincidence, could be a diet they are on in playboy mansion?

EMM

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mabus325

If they were any taller, the shortarses wouldn't be able to fantasize over them credibly

And if they were any shorter, the beanpoles wouldn't be interested.

It's called the Golden Mean, donty'know.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Do you have video footage to back this statement up. If so U2U me with this information!

Actually I think it is pretty sad how society convinces women that they need to be skinny to be appealing. The reality is that an active large woman is much more healthy than a skinny one.

I personally think skinny people look like they are on drugs. I like the larger women who are active.

new topics

top topics

join