It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM Just Can't Get It Right (Or Wont)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
No matter what any of the Candidates may say, it seems the Main Stream Media will report whatever suits their agenda.

Contrary to ABC Report, Palin’s Global Warming Views Have Been Consistent

In its exclusive interview with Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, ABC News reported that she has “softened” her view on global warming and whether it is man-made, putting her closer in sync with John McCain. However, contrary to ABC, Palin has never said that human activity does not affect climate change, or that it does not.

Further, in a New York Times op-ed this year, Palin said: “What is justified is worldwide concern over the proven effects of climate change.”

Nonetheless, ABC is reporting that Palin has somehow changed her view on the issue

“I believe that man's activities certainly can be contributing to the issue of global warming, climate change,” said Palin, but it could also be natural planetary “warming and cooling trends.”

CNS News

While some mistakes can be attributed to poor research, sometimes it is just plain apparent that there is manipulation going on..

Case In Point

Semper

Edit to add URL... I forgot it.. duh

[edit on 9/14/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Privately owned news stations dont serve the people.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Hiyah Semperfortis

Great example to point this out. I know from just the people here in my city that I've heard recently talk about this very thing, everyday average people who had no clue that the MSM was this tilted to the left, are seeing it for the very first time. Bold, and blatantly, in their face, you just can't escape it ... out there for even the most uninterested in politics to notice, for the very first time for most of them.

I talked to some people in a restaurant last night sitting at the bar waiting to be seated...who were Hillary supporters who were most likely going to vote for Barack, and even THEY commented on how ridiculous and blatant the slant was, and they were even outraged, the women in the group, on Palin's treatment in the MSM.

That tells you just how BAD it is if the liberals are noticing it and getting angry.

PS....I've also noticed how heated and how hostile people in general are this election out in public...we were, like I said talking politics at the bar, 3 parties, just waiting on a table for dinner, we didn't know each other, but a couple walking by made a very rude and nasty comment as they went to their table that caused a shouting match for about 3 minutes and I thought there was actually going to be a fist fight in a nice restaurant by two guys wearing ties LOL...unbelievable.

[edit on 14-9-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

Probably going to get a lot worse before it's over...

I can not remember a more heated contention and I have been following this stuff for more years than I want to remember...

Semper

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I completely agree, I am 44 years old, so I have been through a few
but this one takes the cake for sure. And as you say, it's only just begun!

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Forgive me, but I was under the impression that in an interview with Fairbanks Daily News-Miner she said "I'm not an Al Gore, doom-and-gloom environmentalist blaming the changes in our climate on human activity".

Is your argument that she never said this or that the quote is out of context and thus does not reflect Mrs Palin's views?

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Woland

No, my contention is this:

ABC News reported that she has “softened” her view on global warming and whether it is man-made

However, contrary to ABC, Palin has never said that human activity does not affect climate change, or that it does not.
Palin responded that the science is not definitive, arguing that whether global warming is “wholly caused by man's activities or is part of the cyclical nature of our planet,”

CNS News

As previously stated

Semper

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
What we need is a landmark civil class action suit against the FCC to force them to declare and disseminate widely that MSM sources are NOT news, they are media productions and in no way should be expected to be either correct or devoid of purposefully bias, i.e. identify that if it is broadcast by a licensed corporate media agency - it is tacitly propaganda.

America is still believing in the 19th century concept of journalism. And the Media is perpetuating the lie because it's good for business.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

There is no doubt, the journalism of major news outlets does pander, patronise and offer propoganda to its readers and viewers. Often, this is in order to build a truth, regardless of its veracity, that will later be relied upon to hold further criticism, a deceitful tactic.

However, Mrs. Palin has said of global warming 'I'm not one though who would attribute it to being man-made'.

The quote in my previous post expresses a similar view on climate change by Mrs. Palin. When one contrasts this with more recent comments there does seem to be a softening in her approach.

In order for this thread to hold water, you'll need a better defence than an article that doesn't actual offer any quotes by Mrs. Palin prior to August 2008. ABC News is not reporting that she used not to believe climate change is occurring, but that she appears to be playing down her earlier belief that it isn't caused, in part, by human activities.

I want people to tell us when the media is deliberately misleading or negligent in its accuracy but at the moment, I don't see it in this article.

new topics

top topics

join