It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fountain from Aronofsky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
This is actually a bit of a cross between Movies and Comics, but I decided that since I saw the film first I'd put it in here.

I was curious about members final perspective on the film. I understand that many people were not fond of it, but it's actually one of my favorite films (and comics) of all time. Aronofsky himself claimed it as the final part of his trilogy, "Mind, Body, and Spirit." Pi being Mind. Requiem for a Dream being body. The Fountain being Spirit.

Personally I totally identify with all 3 films in one way or another, but The Fountain 100x more than the other 2 films.

I thought that perhaps, the members of ATS/BTS might have a few things to say about the depth of the film. Perhaps a few, or several, of you have also read the comic. If so, I'd like to hear your opinion on that as well, especially in relation to the film. Personally, I like them both equally for a plethora of reasons. But I'm not here to list my own reasons, I've come to hear your reasons.

I hope this thread picks up because I think there's a lot to discuss on the subjects involved in the film. I'm very much okay with this thread segueing into a spiritual discussion, as I believe The Fountain is very easily made into a spiritual DISCUSSION. Let us avoid debate (just in case).

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I just recently watched this film, a breed all of it's own I say. It is a beautiful study of metaphysics IMHO, showing the flow of the fountain from which we all drink from day to day. I especially love the fact that all 3 of the selves have one common goal spanning centuries. The thought of going to a star in a bubble of my own conciousness, a place where I can be away from distractions and finally become completely unified a very, very intriguing theory. Thank you for posting about this film, as everyone on ATS, albeit everyone in general should view this film at least twice. Aronofsky is a genius.

new topics

join