It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Sea Scrolls

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
But the bible protrays Jesus to be a devivine being The Son of God. (note not God himself) The bible protrays Jesus as all powerful because God gave Jesus all power in heaven. Not only that The bible protrays Jesus as onle worthy to be worship revelation I believe Jesus and God got worship by the 24 elders. So how do the Naq Hammadi differ from the bible?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
But the bible protrays Jesus to be a devivine being The Son of God. (note not God himself) The bible protrays Jesus as all powerful because God gave Jesus all power in heaven. Not only that The bible protrays Jesus as onle worthy to be worship revelation I believe Jesus and God got worship by the 24 elders. So how do the Naq Hammadi differ from the bible?

Well, to rephrase it a bit, orthodox doctrine maintains that Jesus Christ "came in the flesh," that is, was fully human and fully divine, while the Gnostics insisted that since God was spirit alone (John 4:24) and entirely transcendent of the material world, Jesus was fully divine but not fully human.

They were not, however, entirely in agreement and the NHL shows almost endless speculation on this topic.

[edit on 15-9-2008 by Eleleth]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

The list of repeating manuscripts presents an interesting dilemma. All the books listed there are Canonical except two.

Jubilees has 21 manuscripts.

1 Enoch has 25 manuscripts.

Jubilees and Enoch had more manuscripts than Exodus. It appears these two books should be made canonical because they are more numerous than the ones that are already accepted.

These two books have portions in them that say angels materialized and took human wives. These books would put an end to the controversy of who the "sons of God" in Genesis were.

Should these two books be put in the appendix section of the Bible now?

[edit on 15-9-2008 by lostinspace]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I dont think they shoould be canconical because I dont think that the angels where by God's will able to be with humans girls. Angels are not alode to have wives or have sex the bible is well known to say this. This is why it was most likely not added because it goes against what God said. Then again I dont really know. Now the 3rd of angels that went with satan side went to earth and had relations with the girts on earth and had what I believe the bible called giant people.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
I dont think they shoould be canconical because I dont think that the angels where by God's will able to be with humans girls. Angels are not alode to have wives or have sex the bible is well known to say this. This is why it was most likely not added because it goes against what God said. Then again I dont really know. Now the 3rd of angels that went with satan side went to earth and had relations with the girts on earth and had what I believe the bible called giant people.

God does not regulate things at every second. He lets things play out to see how people stay righteous or unrighteous. Take for example King Saul. He turned bad but God did not remove him from office. God tested David's loyalty with King Saul badness.

Angels also materialized after the flood.

There were the three angels that appeared before Abraham and there was one angel that wrestled with Jacob. These beings were definitly physical. The three angels ate the beef of the young bull and Jacob could'n't have been injured by a being that had no physical perameters.

God allowed materialization of his angels before the flood so he could test their loyalty. Would an angel be tempted by sensual flesh if they had the power to do so? There were't much tests in heaven for them to be tempted by and so God turn on this new feature so he could see who wanted to serve him. Enoch said 200 angels materialized on top of Mt. Hermon and these were the ones that took human wives. Who's to say if the author of Enoch got the number right.

The 1600 years was long enough for God to test his holy angels and so he brought about the deluge to end that system. Also, the next few thousand years were meant to test humans and not angels. The angelic materializations were very rare after the flood with only a few examples. Jesus materialized a few times after he was brought back from the dead. I believe he ate food just like the three angels that were with Abraham.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The scrolls are on exhibit at the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences in Raleigh. The exhibition wraps up on December 28th~
ticket prices are around 22/person and I'm looking forward to seeing them.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CelticMist

I would love to see them. Unfortunately I'll have to wait until the exhibit gets to the west coast. For now I'm going to have to be satified with the book I have titled, "Scrolls from the Dead Sea" by George Braziller. This book has photos of scroll fragments. This is what they show.

1. Damascus Document
2. Prayer for King Jonathan
3. Exodus 13:1-3 (worn as a phylactery-head band, arm band)
4. Leviticus 23:22-29
5. Psalms (six columns-noncanonical)
6. Hosea 2:10-14
7. Community Rule
8. Some Torah Precepts
9. Songs of the Sabbath Sacrifice
10. Calendrical Document
11. Enoch I ii, iii (portions)

Here's a comparison of the Qumran manuscript of Enoch I with the Ethiopian version.

Qumran Enoch I ii

12. ...But you have changed your works,
13. [and have not done according to his command, and tran]sgressed against him; (and have spoken) haughty and harsh words, with your impure mouths,
14. [against his majesty, for your heart is hard]. You will have no peace.

Ethiopian Enoch I ii
(1 Enoch 6:2-5)

2. That the works at the beginning of every existing year, that all his works, are subservient to him, and invariable; yet as God has appointed, so are all things brought to pass.
3. They see, too, how the seas and the rivers together complete their respective operations:
4. But you endure not patiently, nor fulfil the commandments of the Lord; but you transgress and calumniate his greatness; and malignant are the words in your polluted mouths against his Majesty.
5. Ye withered in heart, no peace shall be in you.

Qumran Enoch I iii

13. [They (the leaders) and all...of them took for themselves]
14. wives from all that they chose and [they began to cohabit with them and to defile themselves with them];
15. and to teach them sorcery and [spells and the cutting of roots; and to acquaint them with herbs.]
16. And they became pregnant by them and bo[re (great) giants three thousand cubits high...]

Ethiopian Enoch I iii
(1 Enoch 7:10-12)

10. Then they took wives, each chosing for himself; whom they began to approach, and with whom they cohabited; teaching them sorcery, incantations, and the dividing of roots and trees.
11. And the women conceiving brought forth giants,
12. Whose stature was each three hundred cubits. These devoured all which the labour of men produced; until it became impossible to feed them.

As you can see there's a lot more detail in the Ethiopian version.
They both seem to be saying the same story.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join