It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first contact with another being

page: 99
<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
The OP has shared his experience, and he doesn't care personally who believes his story or not. However, voicing skepticism does not equate a personal attack on those who are participating in this thread. That reflects on you. Do you speak for the field of ufology?

That's good. We need our sceptics, so don't run them all off, we need them to keep us on our toes. As to why some think a personal attack will kill the message is beyond me. They are many too. I know one guy why actually saw an ET craft, and then denied it was real, and that it was probably a demon. He is still a sceptic. did his eyes deceive him, or is his perception flawed?

The OP has had a very compelling and interesting experience. I thank him for sharing his story. Its in the grey area, so discussion should be able to take place without attacks on his, or anyone else participating in the thread occurring. This category is for experiences such as his, and should be safe from personal attacks.

I agree. I think the whole idea of a Grey Area forum is exactly for that purpose. I also thank Smokingman for posting his experiences, and for listening to my own. Connections are being made in this way all over the world right now, and for a reason too, as will be seen.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
To me, theres quite a difference between an evolutionary leap or vibrational ascension, an enhancement of our dna and new lessons on higher levels than the power struggles in the survival dimension, than say, a forced harvest by the evil actions of TPTB murdering 6 billion people. I'm not prepared to simply stand still and allow a crime like this to persist. They're not the same. I feel that the cartel is allowing this information to infiltrate ufolgoy and more spiritually attuned groups to whitewash their plans of genocide.

There are laws, galactic laws, that must supercede other contracts, that involve not allowing crimes of this nature to occur or go unpunished. In any case, I keep feeling that some of us are here to see how its going down or be handled with legal reports to hand in somewhere. I want us to graduate to the higher level societies. Ascension in a progressional evolutionary way already happens individually, but for the planet to do this and for humanity to evolve this way is a positive thought as well.

Not mass murder, a brutal harvest, or yet an umpteenth reset button to send a few survivors back to primitive times and assure that the human race never progresses into the cosmos.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by mystiq]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

So I think we have been overly meddled with and its not fair to let us flounder in our lack of knowledge of how things really are. Most people live in a completely different world in their minds, not realizing the extent of the lies. The most basic form of aid that could come is truth, for the masses. But just waiting around for that isn't going to help. We also need to do what we can in our communities to show we care for others, not just ourselves and our own.

Armed with this knowledge, I spent quite a bit of time out under the stars (where we had many other sightings) telling them all kinds of things in my head about what life was like here and how much help we needed. And that most people can't see. I claimed international law on them. That our dna made us their children, and that therefore there advanced laws protected us as well. And that I claimed access to their laws, and namely the first, being all of our right to know the truth, and to be in full understanding of the laws as they pertained to us. Of course this would mean world wide disclosure!! No doubt. But its our legal right, as their children.

As I said, they're telepathic. Their technology maps our thoughts even. Anyone can go outside in the evening and ask for what they want. I highly recommend it.

Mystic, you are a woman after my own heart! I too take up this very argument, they messed with us, they taught us to fight each other, they invented religion, they manipulated our DNA, they owe us. In my mind, their Law is our Law.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

The ant people sheltered the Hopi underground in a time of great catastrophe when they went from one era to another. And though I've read arguments against the ant people being greys, they did have the characteristic squash like hairless heads, and were grey in color.

I agree. The ant people. Which would mean some Greys are good intentioned.

So many overlappings of types. Many different Nordic types and Grey types. Confusing.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Adding to the usual things said to experiencers, has been the emergence of this religious connotation.

Mystiq, with respect, are you saying, in all honesty, that not only the sheer amount of spiritual, mystical and virtuous concepts that have been projected onto the content of this thread, but also the super human abilities and alleged continual, (hopefully) benevolent interference in our world by smokingman2006’s “contacts”, doesn’t remind you of divine and angelic, religious canon?

And what about the amount of vehement negativity and almost condescending aloofness aimed towards the supposed “naysayers”, who are no more than people with differing opinions? That behaviour alone is more than reminiscent of someone objecting to another denying the existence of a faith, and in a way that is not only bordering on the condescending, but assumes that only the “believers” are getting it right.

Can I suggest you read your posts, really read them as others do, and then try and tell me that you are not quoting strongly held convictions that you consider all other opinions are not only inferior to, but also downright negative to your cause? Don’t believe me?

Along with a continual expression of negative posts ad nauseum.

What does that say? It says Mystiq is right and Beamish is wrong, and not only wrong, but harmful.

You have formed an opinion as to what you believe is right;smokingman2006’s posts happen to fit that belief, and therefore you happily accept most of what he says as being true. That’s your prerogative, as is mine to believe he is not telling the truth.

And I will continue to post my opinions “ad nauseum”. Can I suggest that if you don’t like them, then hit the ignore button. That seems to be the favoured way of coping with any alternative viewpoint on this thread.

Goodness knows it’s easier than allowing the simple decency of agreeing to hear the other side of the argument. And isn’t that a sign of intolerance?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
No, but I'm doing a research into the Anunnaki mentioned by the OP in this thread, not to mention in many threads, articles, books, documentaries, and ancient artifacts all over the planet from Hopi land in the Four Corners, US, to Sumeria/Iraq. These ongoing discussions fit into the many different messages and aspects of his contact.

To be told over and over again by the same people that they just don't believe something, that this is fiction, or that this is religion. Well, there's quite a few people that think religion is et and ancient ruler generated to begin with.
As to your not believing he's experiencing contact. Roger that. I've heard it many times.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
What mystiq is trying to say is that there are a hundred ways you could frame your questions within the accepted parameters of the english language that WOULD NOT INCLUDE REPETETIVE ANNOUNCEMENTS OF YOUR DISBELIEF and pronouncements that someone else MAY BE LYING.Hence the ad nauseum comment ,there was no personal attack there at all only an observation .

Of course your opinion ,perogative and perspective are all valid and important,thats why I AM WRITING NOW to encourage you to continue and not be upset by the request to lay off the repetetive comments ,I wouldnt want you to feel undervalued or that everyone reading this post thought you were a liar.It may seem that way unless we clarify that an accusation of lies is a personal attack not a contribution.Or repeated attacks.

Nothing constructive there is there?

You might have some fun learning new ways to re-phrase your thoughts into questions as opposed to criticisms.

With a question you might even change your own mind ,maybe some people are afraid of that happening to them so they choose to use a critical,negative approach to all new information,it may make their worlds slightly more acceptable to them.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Even though that wasn't a personal attack but directed towards hearing the same message against anyone who believes he's experiencing contact, ie. we're crazy, sheeples, niave, delusional, need medical treatment, or guru'd, which to me is a personal insult, as I'm none of these things, and don't believe anyone else feels that showing interest in a thread makes them these things either, I still wish to say sorry if that's what you thought it was.

Edit to add: you see, I can say that and mean it without actually needing to hear you say you're sorry for implying that we're any of these things (I believe the post I reacted to was a judgment on your part of the religion of supporting a contactee), though hearing it would be nice as well.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

No, but I'm doing a research into the Anunnaki mentioned by the OP in this thread…threads, articles, books, documentaries, and ancient artifacts all over the planet from Hopi land in the Four Corners, US, to Sumeria/Iraq..

These ongoing discussions fit into the many different messages and aspects of his contact”. There, you’ve confirmed my objections clearly and precisely.

I am not saying that there is no credibility to all of those subjects. Don’t forget that I am a believer too.

But what I am saying is that smokingman2006’s story was at first evasively vague, suggesting a distinct lack of knowledge of the subject, and hugely reminiscent of the 1950’s contactee scenarios; now, with the addition of other, far more well versed members on this thread, the subjects you mentioned above have been attached to the story and accepted as part of it. That has given the thread some measure of authority by association.

smokingman2006 has, and prove me wrong here, never objected to any furtherance of his story by one of his “readers” adding their own corroborating opinions or experiences. Why? Because it gives the story meat.

To be told over and over again by the same people that they just don't believe something, that this is fiction…

And what about those of us who have stuck to our guns in this thread who don’t agree with smokingman2006, or your, way of thinking? Aren’t we also listening to constant opinions that disagree? Do you see me complaining? No; I offer an opinion.

As to your not believing he's experiencing contact. Roger that. I've heard it many times.

And I’ve heard your side of the coin too, many, many times. And I value it, even if I don’t agree entirely with it. So, aren’t we doing the same thing?

Even though that wasn't a personal attack…

Then it didn’t include me? Please.

…but directed towards hearing the same message against anyone who believes he's experiencing contact, ie. we're crazy, sheeples, niave, delusional, need medical treatment, or guru'd, which to me is a personal insult…hear you say you're sorry for implying that we're any of these things...

And there; you’ve answered my objection again.

Just because I don’t believe him, does not mean that I do not believe you. Or other alleged contactee accounts, though I will maintain a balanced viewpoint.

However, and this is my point, you've just made two things crystal-clear; because he is repeating data that applies directly to your paradigm, you believe him.

And more importantly, the fact I find his story spurious also means that I find your belief spurious.

And that, Mystiq, is an assumption.

…I still wish to say sorry if that's what you thought it was.

Absolutely no apologies needed. From either side.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by one4all

What mystiq is trying to say is that there are a hundred ways you could frame your questions within the accepted parameters of the english language that WOULD NOT INCLUDE REPETETIVE ANNOUNCEMENTS OF YOUR DISBELIEF and pronouncements that someone else MAY BE LYING.Hence the ad nauseum comment ,there was no personal attack there at all only an observation .

So, in that vein, it’s acceptable to criticize a contrary argument for being repetitive, whilst all the time the “pro” side continues to postulate on the self-same subject matter the critic objects to without fear of the same disapproval? Interesting viewpoint, if not a little contradictory?

Of course your opinion ,perogative and perspective are all valid and important,thats why I AM WRITING NOW to encourage you to continue and not be upset by the request to lay off the repetetive comments…

You’re very kind. I fully intend to continue until something gives.

…,I wouldnt want you to feel undervalued or that everyone reading this post thought you were a liar.

I certainly do not feel undervalued by anything that has been leveled at me on an internet forum. And why should anyone think that I’m lying? I’m just offering a contrary opinion. For those who have me on ignore, that statement in itself will add fuel to their fire.

It may seem that way unless we clarify that an accusation of lies is a personal attack not a contribution.Or repeated attacks.
Nothing constructive there is there?

Have I not contributed to this thread, then? Have you read all of my posts? I know of a few folks who would disagree…

You might have some fun learning new ways to re-phrase your thoughts into questions as opposed to criticisms.

That comes across as very condescending, by the way. I’ve already gone down several routes. And maybe I’m wrong, but aren’t criticisms of the intent of a poster another form of questioning his objectives?

With a question you might even change your own mind ,maybe some people are afraid of that happening to them so they choose to use a critical,negative approach to all new information,it may make their worlds slightly more acceptable to them.

At the risk of being accused again of being repetitive I want to have my mind changed by smokingman2006! and I’ve said so several times. I’m not inflexible! I’m a believer! I just do not believe he has had alien contact!

cc

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish
reply to post by one4all

At the risk of being accused again of being repetitive I want to have my mind changed by smokingman2006! and I’ve said so several times. I’m not inflexible! I’m a believer! I just do not believe he has had alien contact!

Most people will ignore a topic if they don't believe what the OP is saying. I find it odd that you obviously don't believe him and are so persistent that you repeatedly post asking for this and that from smokingman. You have better things to do, surely?

Anyone would think you're spreading disinformation

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

Most people will ignore a topic if they don't believe what the OP is saying.

Why ignore something that you believe is spreading falsities? What a strange attitude.

Isn’t the motto of this site “Deny Ignorance”? And if we define ignorance, then it equates, in the polite definition, to having a lack of knowledge. I want to know the outcome of this thread, as it may prove me right, or it might prove me wrong. Either way, I win. Doesn’t that make sense?

I find it odd that you obviously don't believe him and are so persistent that you repeatedly post asking for this and that from smokingman.

See above about wanting to know a truth. And what’s wrong with asking questions? In my opinion, it’s infinitely better than simply accepting someone’s word as a means to drawing a conclusion that affects your life.

And, may I say, you come across as another “believer” jumping on the “criticize the skeptic bandwagon”. Would you be so willing to change allegiance, as I would if it transpired that I was wrong, if smokingman2006 was proven wrong?

You have better things to do, surely?

Than answering trivial questions that have little to no bearing on the context of the thread? Yes, I do. It’s Saturday and I have to drink beer.

What have you done in the furtherance of this thread, apart from jump in on the ninety ninth page, purely to evaluate the posts of someone who is willing to stand their ground? Let's hear your take on this thread.

Anyone would think you're spreading disinformation

Paranoia 1.01.

Accusations are easy, dmorgan, let’s see some back up to that, otherwise all you are doing is exactly what I’m accused of; criticizing for the sake of it.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
STAFF NOTE

Here we go. Again.

Please discuss the material and not each other. Beamish is more than welcome to participate in this thread and question the material. In fact, please take a moment and read the note in gold at the top of every page in this forum.

I'll even paste it here with a bold for additional emphasis-

The Gray Area is a discussion forum that provides a dedicated area for members to post their confessions, disclosures, and related extraordinary personal experiences. Like the highly speculative Skunk Works forum, The Gray Area will tolerate topics that may be unusually hypothetical or unproven for the purpose of vetting the stories of thread-starters by the ATS membership at large.

The Gray Area isn't a "hands off the thread starters" forum. We do require decorum, civility, and on-topic posting. If you see a T&C violation, alert on it. We're going to maintain the T&C on both sides of any issue. As long as members remain on-topic and civil, they're welcome to participate.

On the other side, no one is compelled to respond.

I hope that's all clear. Questions or clarifications needed about rules should be submitted to staff via u2u or the Suggestions function available from the Member Tools dropdown and not in this thread, as they would be off topic.

Thank you.

[edit on 5/9/2009 by yeahright]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Mystiq, with respect, are you saying, in all honesty, that not only the sheer amount of spiritual, mystical and virtuous concepts that have been projected onto the content of this thread, but also the super human abilities and alleged continual, (hopefully) benevolent interference in our world by smokingman2006’s “contacts”, doesn’t remind you of divine and angelic, religious canon?

And after the other post, you still don't think that continually finding ways to attack those who are reading or participating in the thread, this time with a religous connotation, is a personal attack, or one of the worn out arguments brought up to the point of...... now do you understand the difference between saying a certain phrase or using of the ATS emoticoms to express the very same thing is not personally directed to you, but is directed to the message?

Divine, angelic canon? Ets aren't gods or angels, they're people with advanced technology. They have been mistaken for, and evidence of their presence even manipulated by powerful terran interests to control the masses, into religons that have not added to the peace on earth they were supposedly intended to procure in our psyches. Bringing up this is actually what I call a low blow in a skeptics arsenal. Just so that you know.

But I was researching things again last night, because something I had read somewhere had a link or connotation with Sirius (I believe its Sirius B) and the tribes of Israel. I had a theory that Orion alone wasn't connected to the Anunnaki, but perhaps those from Sirius. Finding legitimate sources are a different matter, but the great pyramid points to not only Orion but Sirius. Yet the Orion info is readily available, but the Sirius info buried, almost as if it went black thousands of years ago. Its odd to me, and I sense a mystery.
Found tribalnet ufo group and some really interesting discussions relating to Sirius and Orion, seemingly with people in the know, but just speculative.
However this link came out of that. And its remarkable. Perhaps this could help you understand how technology can seem magical even, though its physics.

Edit to Add: I think that the Sirius Star System is somwhat close in the sky to the Orion, I wonder if somebody with more knowledge could confirm that or if I was too tired and didn't recall what I'd read correctly, because this could mean they have alliances between these areas. And the location or lands and people is my biggest interest.

The reason being that, Dr. Dan Burisch, and Michael St. Clair supports him in this, talk about good nordics from Orion, future humans, though that could be merely egocentric on his part, and conversely there is mention of the looking glass technology that messed up our timelines, and wasn't postive, being given to us by the Sirius group at Montaulk.

[edit on 9-5-2009 by mystiq]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
What if SM has been decieved by shape shifters? What if they wernt pleadians at all? We must take this into account, these interdimensional beings have the upper hand here, we have no idea what they are capable of and who or what we are dealing with. Just because an ET "looks" like a Nordic how do we really know they are?
Can we really trust a being just from its appearence when its known they can shape shift?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Which surprisingly enough is one of the continual pushes behind my continual search for star systems and who the anunnaki are, and many different elements in ufology. I have some reason to believe that of the two groups connected to my childhood and the recent experiences, that I know of, that one of the players here is from Orion. And, though I don't have a direct conversational memory of this, I know without hesitation, deeply know that they have watched over the natives for thousands upon thousands, perhaps millions, of years. I don't sense their negativity at all, rather something neutral positive or positive, but.....I'm on red alert about it all the time. Even with face to face contact, how could we be convinced that we're not being led down a path so to speak.

But in the end, there is a core knowledge, which is why I spoke earlier of having to run with your heart and its assessment, or the knowledge that lays buried within our spirits, minds, hearts, but keep our minds open to exploring many possibilies.

Edit to add: The craft they're in is huge, I call it a deep space craft, not a saucer. Someone who experienced missing time the same night we did, and had wounds afterwards and we write quite a bit back and forth, said, "The big brass came in!" Again, nordics with greys.

[edit on 9-5-2009 by mystiq]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish
reply to post by dmorgan

Most people will ignore a topic if they don't believe what the OP is saying.

Why ignore something that you believe is spreading falsities? What a strange attitude.

Isn’t the motto of this site “Deny Ignorance”? And if we define ignorance, then it equates, in the polite definition, to having a lack of knowledge. I want to know the outcome of this thread, as it may prove me right, or it might prove me wrong. Either way, I win. Doesn’t that make sense?

My understanding is that the Gray Area doesn't demand evidence. So what's the point of demanding it? To deny ignorance? But you're assuming ignorance is involved here. That's arrogant and self-righteous, especially since you have no evidence one way or the other.

You want to know the truth? That presupposes the mind is capable of recognizing the truth. The limitation of our perceptions is a whole other discussion that is worth discussing here for the sake of positive input. My wish is that you would look into that matter before continuing your claims of standing on the side of "denying ignorance."

Are you in dialogue here with smokingman or his "supporters?" If smokingman hasn't answered your questions yet, after 99 pages of debate, then why persist? To just be annoying? If it's to rile up others here who might enjoy smokingman's posts, then I think you've accomplished that many times over.

Paranoia 101? Wouldn't it be interesting if it turns out you're the OP and your negative "beamish" criticisms is a hoax upon a hoax?

A personal request: Can you change your avatar? It's very annoying. To me it means you're not a serious member of ATS but rather are here just to be a nuisance. I wonder if anyone else agrees.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix1111

Hi

My understanding of the Grey Area is that you are not required to produce evidence as personal experiences are allowed to be shared here without proof. The caveat is that if an OP claims to have proof/physical evidence it must be introduced and vetted. SM claimed to have physical proof, sooo therefore we have the Beamish brigade.

STM

Edit to add: BTW, I personally believe that this may be a college study of sorts between several of the posters here.

[edit on 5/11/2009 by seentoomuch]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix1111

A personal request: Can you change your avatar? It's very annoying. To me it means you're not a serious member of ATS but rather are here just to be a nuisance. I wonder if anyone else agrees.

I like his avatar. Its different and I know instantly whos it is, I wonder if its his dog? Its cute and I think it should stay!!

I disagree with you, I think Beamish is a very serious member of ATS, without him this thread would not be the thread it has become. If it were just full of love for the federation then it would have no substance or balance. To me a non serious member of ATS is one who just posts utter rubbish, like a video I posted against recently...it was very obviously flies being caught in the light of the mid day sun...yet this poster said it was evidence of a "swarm of Greys"....THAT is an example of a non serious member only here for the joke of it, Beamish is in another class totally.

There are many question this thread has raised but I dont think Beamish and his aims are one of them. I find it a constant turn off when I come to this thread and find pages of posts about people rather than the subject, to me its not why I read threads, yes its sometimes required early on but after so many pages I cant see the point to it...can you?

There are others who have come and gone on this thread who are not serious and I think we all know who they were (many a demonic avatar came and went LOL), Beamish is not one of them.

new topics

top topics

<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join