It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first contact with another being

page: 94
<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Mrs Green my friend you and I are on the same page so to speak

Yes positive will win at the end of the day.

Got a huge cue waiting to use the lobby puter that I have been hogging for over
Two hours
better leave and log of before they turn hostile will try and check in later.

Peace & health
SM

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Will you be keeping to your word. Will you be leaving ATS as beamish said you would if nothing happened? , or will you have a great excuse as to why nothing has happened?

Also will this thead be labeled a hoax since a prediction was made and nothing happened just like that blosom lady?

[edit on 30-4-2009 by da_beast_666]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Personally, I do not think smokingman2006 needs to leave ATS if things do not transpire as he was told. It appeared that he honestly believed something to happen this month and stuck to his belief until the end. I guess it's a good thing for all of us that nothing did happen at the end.

No one should be condemned and everyone should be forgiven for their past "transgressions," whatever they may be. The only way we can move forward is that we stop clinging onto the past, and potentially holding a grudge (by remembering what someone did in the past) is one of them.

Right, I am not saying we are going to hold a grudge against smokingman2006 here, it was just an extreme case example.

In any case, it's almost the end of the month and it's highly unlikely that something would occur in the mean time.

Let's see where we go from here, and rather than a failure, maybe we should look at it as if we were given another chance...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by amigo

Your fine with someone making up stories and passing them off as fact? If so this area will get nowhere as long as you forive and forget those that make the believers look like fools. It will and has opened up the door for people to tell fantasies and have this community eat it up and by the sounds of your comment. asking for more. I don't believe any aliens are here but as long as people continue to do things like this , we will never find the truth out. Which I believe to be government run and not in cooperation with aliens(which I believe to be not real although I believe there is life elsewhere just not here).

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by da_beast_666
reply to post by amigo

Your fine with someone making up stories and passing them off as fact? If so this area will get nowhere as long as you forive and forget those that make the believers look like fools.

SM has not made up a story, he is telling us an experience that he feels really happenend to him. There is a big difference here.
Forgive and forget? What is there to forgive and what is there to forget? Your right though forgivness is essential in this world. We need to look upon things that give us pain from the "past" and see they have no relevence to our now. If something is causing us pain it is simply an energy memory of a past now (we have no future or past, only our now) . These energy memories build up in our being and form actual pain entities, so your right it is essential to forgive and try to stay eternally in our now which has nothing to forgive or forget.

I dont mind being looked upon as a fool for believing. I really dont mind what you think of me what is their to be foolish about here? that aliens dont exist and I believe they do? So what if they dont they dont but I dont look any more or less of a fool for saying I believe they do exist.

Our Universe is immense. Scientist say it came into manifested form 15 billion years ago and has been expanding ever since. It is also predicted it will contract eventually and return to its unmanifested form. (source Stephen Hawkins)

So why did it do this? Why did it change from its unmanifested form (pure consciuosness) into the manifested (consciousness with form...me, you, planets, suns )

It did it to learn, to experience to love and to find form. Now do you think in order to achieve this it only created us? Its created millions of systems just like ours with planets and moons, all full of life and its inner breath of consciuosness, waiting , wanting and needing to experience to beauty of life. Of course we are not alone and for me if this makes me a fool then so be it.

As its return to the unmanifested pure consciousness (contracts) all will become one again, and it will be so much the richer for it with the countless lessons each part of the one consciousness (me, you the pleadians!) has learnt. Actually you can view your life just like a mini manifestation of the one. You are born, you expand, you go out and seek, you learn, you question where you are from...then you begin to get older and wiser, you are on your homeward journey back to the unmanifested. Then as death approaches you see through eyes of the source who exactly you are and what your life has been for. All become awakened in the last moments of life as they prepare to join the one.

We are all like mini universes. Our bodies have far more space in them than matter, just as the Universe does, it has far more space than matter.We need to see this "space" as divine rather than the matter in it. The space within us is our true spirit, our unmanifested form of the one just as the space between planets is the real divine energy. The matter is just the divines way of experiencing life and love. This is why we need to look within and not outside ourselves.

This is the way it is for the Pleadians, the annunaki, the Greys and all the aliens. Many of these races "know" more than us. Maybe they had a time of accelerated learning or came into being much earlier than us. It makes sense some will come to warn as some come to take. They are just a mirror image of human society but from other worlds.

So yes i believe in aliens very much so.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Mr Green]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by smokingman2006

Hi Posters & Valued readers

I wonder which one I’m classed under…

dont ask why but today I find myself on the Island of Bali in Indonesia Seminyak beach to be exact

Why?

…the moderators can comfirm this by checking the IP I am logging in from.(hotel puter)

With respect, we don’t need confirmation of where you are in the world, do we? What we need is something concrete to support your claims. Anyone can travel the world, but few can meet extraterrestrials.

I Stand by all my story and if nothing has happened there must be a very good reason.

I can hazard a guess as to what that reason is.

As For this rich poster I have no ideas who he is I do get huge amount of U2U from members but only respond to a small amount.

Are you happy with him spreading your message on other web sites?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   

I know you never set out to lie to anyone, I think all will agree with this. The red star did not appear on the 24th, well who knows why but this thread is not really about that is it.

Ahem! As if it wasn’t already clear, I don’t agree.

All we have is his word, nothing more. If I’m wrong there, please point out where I’ve missed this piece of information that negates his prophecies, or even his contacts, from having to be even remotely right or genuine.

And anything else that is taken from this thread, and smokingman2006’s others, with regard to its source and meaning is purely down to the reader.

smokingman2006 has consistently utilized very alarming visual elements and emotive, doom-laden events and language to give his story impetus. For those that it is aimed at:

my message is only for the ones who believe my experience

www.abovetopsecret.com...

this thread is the prefect screen with which to project their own beliefs on to. He simply supplies the necessary foundation, and along comes a myriad of similar convictions that rest easily upon it. Whether that was intentional, I do not know. I think it is clear that smokingman2006 is now so far into this that he has started to believe his own publicity as it has gained its own impetus; and let us not forget that it is very easy for an individual to convince themselves that a falsity is actually the truth.

I do not disagree with the positively angled sentiment that has arisen from this thread; that is a testament to the human spirit; to find happiness where happiness does not exist. And once again, let’s not forget that the core subject of this thread was dire in its message; our imminent destruction, our slide into wanton, mutual idiocy, and the greed and traitorous behaviour of our elected leaders. But the question has to be asked is whether that was the thread’s intention.

I don’t think it was, but that’s just my opinion, and I don’t need everyone to agree with it.

edit: sausage fingers.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Beamish]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by da_beast_666

Will you be keeping to your word. Will you be leaving ATS as beamish said you would if nothing happened? , or will you have a great excuse as to why nothing has happened?

I’ll address the last part of your post, if I may.

To smokingman2006’s believers, it wont matter that nothing happens. Indeed, this is already becoming obvious. And it’s not to be unexpected:

en.wikipedia.org...

When Prophecy Fails is a 1956 classic book in social psychology by Leon Festinger, Henry Riecken, and Stanley Schachter about a UFO cult that believes the end of the world is at hand.

This book studies:

A Chicago housewife, Marion Keech, had mysteriously been given messages in her house in the form of "automatic writing" from alien beings on the planet Clarion, who revealed that the world would end in a great flood before dawn on December 21.

And it also, more importantly, covers cognitive dissonance:

The theory of cognitive dissonance proposes that people have a motivational drive to reduce dissonance by changing their attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors, or by justifying or rationalizing their attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors.

en.wikipedia.org...

and its effects on beliefs. In the original link, there are listed conditions that have to be present for a belief to become ingrained into an individual’s psyche, and why the failure of prophecy is ignored.

A belief must be held with deep conviction and it must have some relevance to action, that is, to what the believer does or how he behaves.

The person holding the belief must have committed himself to it; that is, for the sake of his belief, he must have taken some important action that is difficult to undo. In general, the more important such actions are, and the more difficult they are to undo, the greater is the individual's commitment to the belief.

The belief must be sufficiently specific and sufficiently concerned with the real world so that events may unequivocally refute the belief.

Such undeniable disconfirmatory evidence must occur and must be recognized by the individual holding the belief.

All of these are, I believe, applicable here. So, the basic premise is if a belief is held to be true by a sufficient amount of people, and no matter what goes wrong, they continue to believe it to be true because every one else in their group does.

But the most telling factor is this (my emphasis):

The individual believer must have social support. It is unlikely that one isolated believer could withstand the kind of disconfirming evidence that has been specified. If, however, the believer is a member of a group of convinced persons who can support one another, the belief may be maintained and the believers may attempt to proselyte or persuade nonmembers that the belief is correct.

This is exactly what happened with Blossom Goodchild and the whole GFL fiasco. she may have suffered scorn at the hands of non believers, but her followers still listen to her predictions. I am not accusing this thread’s believers of exhibiting a cult-like mentality, but the similarities between the quoted events and the ones on here are close enough to warrant comparison.

Also will this thead be labeled a hoax since a prediction was made and nothing happened just like that blosom lady?

Good question.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Good to see you're still around Smokingman. I haven't been around so I've lost track with what you're up to. Can you (or someone else) give a quick and short summary?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Cutting all the discussion about the smokingman prevision, the fail star aka brown dwarf didn't show up. And we are safe once again from that terrible destiny.
Happy ending I guess

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish

I know you never set out to lie to anyone, I think all will agree with this. The red star did not appear on the 24th, well who knows why but this thread is not really about that is it.

Ahem! As if it wasn’t already clear, I don’t agree.

Yes sorry Beamish. You dont believe the story but my point was most of us dont believe he SET out to lie, that was my point. I dont think at any point did SM knowingly lie to anyone. Something happened whether it be aliens or mind control, something happened.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Which was why I wasn't going to respond to Beamish. I know what he believes, and he knows what I believe. I was really happy that SM posted again, and that all is well with him.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by smokingman2006

Hi Smokingman2006 it is good to hear that you are doing well.

We didn't get to see any spectacular comet or planetary object coming into view, but many of us on your threads did make contact with each other and we have the same mind set to help one another and survive what we are all sure is looming in the near future.

The danger that we can see that is looming in the future is the crossing of the Galactic Plane which starts a new era according to the Mayans. Our galaxy is huge in diameter, but thin. The magnetic pressure holding all of the planets and suns and other traveling solids, liquids and gases is all held by that magnetic pressure which is stronger at the Galactic Plane than off to one side or another.

Since we are crossing from what we call the top of the Galaxy to the bottom of the Galaxy, it is very possible that the Earth's crust should rotate or the poles will flip. Something will have to happen and it will be a scientific process with logic behind it, we currently aren't sure what it will be but we will know during and after it occurs.

Since water in drains rotate one direction in the northern hemispere and they rotate in the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere just like hurricanes, we must suppose that when we cross from one side of the Galactic Plane to the other that magnetics and rotation of the Earth will be disturbed and will need to be flipped in some manner just as water draining rotates in one direction above the Plane of the Equator of the Earth until we pass beyond the Plane of the Equator of the Earth to see water draining/rotating in the opposite direction. Ancient descriptions tell of the sun rising in the west for a few days at different times in the far past.

As for those people whom are acting as "others" that have visited you, it occured to me that they probably came to your home and retrieved their property that they had given to you pretending like they hadn't done it. As for their prophecy of the comet, that was no good. I still have faith and trust in you Smokingman2006, but your visitors must be pranksters for some strange reason.

You have lots of friends here my friend, starting a new thread would be a good thing if there is more stuff you want to relate to us, because we are open minded and very interested.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by RussianScientists]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This is absolutely unbelievable
, when showed to be a fraud, his minions still have faith. Just goes to show that this sort of phenomenon does have a type of cult following.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by da_beast_666]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

There is no cult following going on here Da-Beast-666. All phenomenon is based upon some sort of scientific fact whether you or others are aware of it or not.

There are many of us here that are truly interested in this because many of us have had some type of experience in the past or we have certain knowledge that permits us to know enough not to let some fool make out like this stuff can't be real, because it can be real even though we still have no positive proof yet.

It would be like saying that UFO's didn't fly over the US Capital in the 50's when tens of thousands of people witnessed the UFO's in formation flying over the US Capital, and photos of the event was even in the News Papers.

So, if you are not a believer, or a contributor, hit the road troll Da-Beast-666.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists
All phenomenon is based upon some sort of scientific fact whether you or others are aware of it or not.

I really would like to read about this so-callled scientific evidence you believers have and are not sharing

if you are not a believer, or a contributor, hit the road troll Da-Beast-666.

Maybe I missed the part where you must believe someone in order to participate in a thread? I will not hit the road, but thanks for the troll comment
. Is that not considered name calling, a big no-no on this forum or does the rule only apply one way-THE SKEPTICS. Either way it doesn't matter, your opinions are worthless to me

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Troll Da-Beast-666, these are not only my opinions, they are facts. You have not contributed any quality contributions to this thread, ergo you are trolling, not contributing as you should be.

I personally believe in Smokingman2006 for various reasons that you are not aware of; until you know this man in his own right do not condemn him for believing in what others have related to him, or his taking the time to relate to all of us what "visitors" have shared with him.

Smokingman2006 has shared his experiences and has sportingly taken bruises by trolls that can hide behind an avatar pretending to be leaders, when in fact they are nothing but punk kids in many cases that get paid by different sources to misdirect threads like this. Smokingman2006 story is not made up, that much I'm sure of.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

How am I a troll, by pointing out what everyone else knows. He made a prediction, wait 2 predictions that did not come true so yes I believe it to be a hoax. If you want to believe a proven liar than by all means go for it.
One other thing for some of the people here, did you know the abduction experience can be cured.

In a long article, Dr. Michael Persinger argues that most of the features of the abduction phenomenon can be explained as the manifestation of measurable functions of the human brain. Persinger writes that the "main theme" of his article "is to explore visitation experiences, now attributed by many people to UFO and implicitly "extraterrestrial' phenomena, from the perspective of modern neuroscience... From an operational perspective, the average visitation experience attributed to an alien entity is indistinguishable from average mystical or religious experience attributed to gods and to spirits. Instead we have been trying to isolate those areas of the brain and those electromagnetic patterns within the brain that are involved with the general visitation experience." (Persinger, 263)

He goes on to argue that "Nearly every basic element of mystical, religious, and visitor experience has been evoked with electrical stimulation" of test subjects' brains. (Persinger, 270). Individuals with some forms of epilepsy often experience vivid hallucination, and Persinger suggests that the same areas of the brain are activated in these individuals as in those who experience extraordinary visitations.

"Most people who report these experiences (alien abduction) display average to above average intelligence, are not 'crazy' and are very aware of the social and personal consequences of their experiences upon their families, friends and vocational opportunities." (Persinger, 278)

Persinger relates a specific case of a "thirty-five year old woman" who "reported ... the presence of multiple, elongated humanoids, in shimmering gray-silver clothes, that would surround her bed for a few nights every month." The woman hesitated to tell her regular physician of the encounters, for fear that she'd be seen as "crazy". (Persinger, 278) The woman was prescribed a low dose of "the antiepileptic compound carbamazepine" and after regular use of the medication, the visitations "disappeared". Persinger is quick to note that "This does not indicate that all people who report visitor experiences associated with UFOs are undiagnosed epileptics or that the phenomena will cease when with this particular medication. Instead, it indicated that well-formed and meaningful experiences, attributed to alien sources and sufficient in magnitude to disrupt the person's sense of self and adaptability, can be associated with periods of electrical activity that can be affected by treatments not typically associated with these types of experiences." (Persinger, 278)

He also cites polls indicating that up to one third of people have had some sort of similar experience: 39% of more than 1700 people polled over 20 years have answered "yes" to the question "At least once in my life very late at night, I have felt the presence of another Being." (Persinger, 280). Given that visitor experiences are somewhat common, and that worldwide, they tend to follow the same patterns, Persinger suggests that while underlying neurological factors give the experience its basic form, how such events are interpreted is shaped by cultural factors: "Because human brains are more similar than they are different, the themes of these experiences have been and remain remarkably similar across space and time. The details are simply punctuation from the person's culture." (Persinger, 296)

www.theblackvault.com...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by da_beast_666
This is absolutely unbelievable
, when showed to be a fraud, his minions still have faith. Just goes to show that this sort of phenomenon does have a type of cult following.

Minion
Cult...... hey!!!!

Your like the thread baddie, its OK I dont mind.

I can assure you no one on here is a minion and it certainly is not the cult of SM .

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Da-Beast-666 you have not proven anyone to be a liar simply because he has related what others had told him. Those that told him their prophecy of the future led him to believe that he could trust them. He trusted them, and let us know that he trusted in them and why. But... he related the whole story.

There.... now you have given some quality information for all of us to read Da-Beast-666. Now that is initially a positive sharing of information and we can relate to where you are coming from. But if you have read all of Smokingman2006 threads and posts, you will realize that he is not trying to gain anything from anyone.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by RussianScientists]

top topics

<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join