It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first contact with another being

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Beamish is it so hard to wrap you head around the idea that this life experience
we are presently on is just a small step in our total journey?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Posting this as a reply to smokingman2006's last question to me, which puzzlingly hasn't appeared on the thread as yet.

Beamish is it so hard to wrap you head around the idea that this life experience
we are presently on is just a small step in our total journey?

Did you bother to read any of my replies to citizenc (your intellectual bodyguard [his description]), when he was supporting you and your claims?

If not, let me clarify; I have my own opinions on just what we are experiencing in this grand game we call life. These views have been formed by long consideration, contemplation, and listening to those whom I deem to be in the possession of valuable wisdom. Not just what fits my own paradigm, I have to point out, but all and any wide-ranging hypotheses and models of philosophy that expand my scope of understanding by the depth of their insight. I am not a hard-headed skeptic, rather an individual who will willingly listen to reason even if it contains hugely challenging concepts. But I will refute those concepts which my intellect tells me have been designed to deceive. I may not have always been right, as I am, after all human and susceptible to all the flaws inherent in that condition. But most of the time I have been correct. The older I get, the easier it becomes. However, when I am not right, I am willing to admit to it and change my life-perspective accordingly.

So, to some up my answer to your question: yes, I am aware that we are all on a journey, and that that journey is a long, and ultimately surprising, one.

But what has this to do with this thread? Are you insinuating that because someone discovers Zacharia Sitchin’s theories, and consequently numerous other unexplained mysteries, and applies them to their own belief system for whatever strange reason, and who then attempts to gain converts to this way of thinking because of the misplaced sense of importance it bestows on them, on a conspiracy forum, I should just ignore my own reasoning and simply believe?

You really do not understand the majority of humanity, do you?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Smokingman, you live near Metz?
Interesting...
www.cropcircleconnector.com...
Think this has anything to do with your encounters? It's a serious question.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Beamish, you never cease to amaze me; I have yet to see how you can read so much in other's posts;

I don't recall anyone asking or demanding anyone to believe anything in this forum; just a straight forward account from Sm about his experiences;

perhaps it is all true, perhaps not, I must decide that for me, as you must for you, friend;

all the gray forum posts ask is for you to entertain the idea and go from there as a topic for intellectual discussion, for there is no definitive right or wrong here, just opinions.

seeker

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

What precisely am I reading into smokingman2006’s posts that hasn’t already been laid on thickly with a trowel? We are not, in my opinion, dealing with a metaphysical realization here; we are dealing with someone who says they have had actual physical contact with extraterrestrials. With that in mind, either way we should be reading revelations on his part of hitherto unfamiliar wisdom. But no, all we get are rehashes of already well known concepts piled higher and higher.

Point out one original idea on these pages that cannot previously be found on the internet.

Conformation of established concepts does not indicate, by any stretch of the imagination, that he has interacted with advanced species who would, by means of any form of logical cultural development, be able to furnish us with something original. Especially as at the heart of the alien’s message they parallel our own attitudes towards respect and caring and compassion so closely. Example; could you compare the simplicity of the original Christian message to modern, innovative and complex interpretations of the same religion? All ways of thinking move on.

I don't recall anyone asking or demanding anyone to believe anything in this forum; just a straight forward account from Sm about his experiences;

No, this thread is designed precisely for those who do find his tales comforting.

my message is only for the ones who believe my experience

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Notice the emphasis there? Only for those who believe. So where does that leave intellectual discussion? And if anyone brings up his self-confessed lack of language skills as an excuse for this comment should bear in mind that it is a very clear and simple sentence, devoid of any complicated concepts that might stretch his English.

I have lost count of the amount of times I have had to quote the conditions of conduct at the top of this page, but here I go again (my emphasis):

The Gray Area is a discussion forum that provides a dedicated area for members to post their confessions, disclosures, and related extraordinary personal experiences. Like the highly speculative Skunk Works forum, The Gray Area will tolerate topics that may be unusually hypothetical or unproven for the purpose of vetting the stories of thread-starters by the ATS membership at large.

Confessions. Disclosures. Personal experiences. The admission that his thread contains hypothetical topics may have exempted smokingman2006 from most of the criticism he has received. But no, he has stated clearly that we are dealing with real and physical events.

Where does it anywhere state reworking of familiar stories and applying them to an imagined personal experience to be acceptable? If I wanted to read fiction on ATS, I would haunt that particular board.

I, as a member of ATS, am vetting his story in the context he has presented it. And my evaluation, for the reasons I have outlined, is that he is not being entirely truthful. This is an opinion to which I am entitled. The basic context of his alien “message” is no different from countless other philosophies accomplished by human minds.

perhaps it is all true, perhaps not, I must decide that for me, as you must for you, friend;

This thread started out as something very specific; alien contact delivering a message of doom to the human race. I’ve made my decision as to its truthfulness, as in it’s not, as have you and all of smokingman2006’s adherents. Let us leave it at that.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

But beamish, it's still just his opinion, as my thoughts and words, yours and all the other memebers here are our opinions, thoughts, and what we consider to be true to us;

we all have our own personal reasons for being on a forum such as this, wheteher it is to believe, dis-believe, or simply sit back and scratch and say "Well."

It runs the full gamut here from blind followers that are still crying over Blossom good turkey's fiasco to those that wouldn't believe it was raining until they damn near drown fom it, and there are those like Riggs...remember Riggs? that have went from one end of the scale to the other by his own admission and calmly state that we all need medication.

I could write out my reasons for my viewpoints and you could chew them up and spit them out, as is your right to do so if you so choose, and I would still respect your point of view, as I do now;

suffice to say that we all still make our judgements based on our own personal experiences; I would love to be able to send you photos of a et ship and it's crew, but the chances are even if I could, it would not be acceptable proof to you or anyone unless same said craft and crew landed in your yard and I walked out with a pint of bitter for you and offered to go for a spin.

I focus on the message in this account, and agree with many points, for our society as a whole does need a lot of work, and there will always be that what if...

either way, in 3 months time we will see the mass or not so all will have the proof they need; that doesn't change the fact that our race needs to wake up and start treating everyone with compassion, love, and as equals.

Thanks, Beamish, for I enjoy your posts and discussion; you would be missed if you left us.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Ask smokingman2006 directly if we are reading actual accounts of alien contact, or an imagined, conceptual encounter.

If he says imagined, he has changed tack and was therefore lying previously. This is not only damaging to everyone who reads his threads, but also maintains the ongoing belief by those who truly disbelieve in the ETH that most people who are involved in ufology are crack-pots. Whilst it is not my primary motive for pursuing the truth of this thread, I also do not want to be associated with that preconceived notion.

If he says real, then we are all perfectly entitled to question what could be one of the most momentous events in human history. And why someone who cannot, through no fault of his own, relay that message with the gravitas it deserves.

What you are failing to grasp in my posts, which may also be a failing on my part, is that it is patently obvious that, in my opinion, we are dealing with someone who is attempting to gain a following. Type in contactee/channeller/alien psychic in Google and hundreds of examples come up with people, in various stages of success, operating the self-same modus operandi. Just look at the Ashtar Galactic Command for instance; literally hundreds of people following the content of completely unverifiable and outlandish “communications” from Pleiadians with an almost religious fervour and vocabulary. This approach is not new, and consequently easily identifiable. And that is not just my opinion; please do the exercise yourself.

we all have our own personal reasons for being on a forum such as this, wheteher it is to believe, dis-believe, or simply sit back and scratch and say "Well."

My reasons for being on these forums are to find that one nugget of truth. But I really don’t think it’s here.

Thanks, Beamish, for I enjoy your posts and discussion;

Thank you. You put your points across well, and it is a pleasure to converse with someone who will question, as opposed to accept without question.

you would be missed if you left us.

That I seriously doubt, but thanks for the sentiment.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I think it sounds inspiring if anything. Whats the guy got to lose? At most some flaming on the forums, but we all know internet rep is seriouse business right?

Anyway, I hope you are right Smoking, I'll wait it out until then.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Ah, Beamish, see this is the quandry we face, for the majority class us as weird or wackos because we are here to start with; that doesn't bother me, just as the sheepies, lemmings, et al, that blindly follow ashtar and others are the ones i hope will someday get a grip and maybe step back a little;

those of us, like you and i, data and amigo, mystiq, that actively pursue and investigate each item, that is the group that matters to me, for we are the ones trying to see what is really out there, have that feeling that there is so much more than many are allowed to see or experience;

I myself have been accused of the same thing in private messages over things I have posted, yet all I seek are answers and perhaps to help any i encounter along the path, with a helping hand, if asked for.

It is different for me, my friend, for I have unknown scars, missing time episodes, and other reasons I follow the discussion in these groups/threads; but that is personal to me and I have no earth shaking revelations to share, or i would; but, my friend, would you place me in any other light than you do Sm? Of course no; I wouldn't expect you to.

Keep up the good work and continue on, my friend; we still have a long way to go before this hand is played out to the satisfaction of all.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Did you bother to read any of my replies to citizenc (your intellectual bodyguard [his description]), when he was supporting you and your claims?

Hello everybody...

As I stated in my thread, I have been away longer than foreseen or desired because of some strong personal reasons...

I am happy to see that Smokingman is back to take some heat, and I have not, but will, read from where it left off...

I also see however that I take some unforeseen pokes, so I respond to my friend Beamish:

- Yes, the "intellectual bodyguard" phrase is mine, one that, as I remember, you wished you had come up with first to tag me, yet it was I who used it to point out what was NOT my intention to be or become in this or any thread...

- Also, if we go back a little, you will remember that I always made it abundantly clear that I remained on the side-lines as far as Smokingman's claims were concerned, yet defending and clarifying the merits of some of the INFORMATION contained or slightly brushed in this thread.

Big difference, to which I kindly request a more considerate second look.

That's it... Hope to catch up with the rest of the discussion soon...

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Flux8

Think of them as puzzles to be solved by bright awakened humans some will answer questions of great importance.

others are warnings and some are just there to let the people know that we have friends out there smart non violent beings are watching over this planet.

Did my friends put them there? the answer is yes and in many more place but if you ask the french government they will tell you a couple of drunk Englishman carved them out after a pub crawl.( Grin)

Citizenc nice to have you back old friend.

[edit on 25-1-2009 by smokingman2006]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I will volunteer to be a "keeper of the dragons". I'm not joking, I have always been "obsessed " if you will, with dragons. Anything with a symbol or picture of a dragon, always draws me to it. But, I have always had a way with non human creatures, anyway, even as a kid, my parents would call me "Elly May"..lol

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

I think it sounds inspiring if anything. Whats the guy got to lose? At most some flaming on the forums, but we all know internet rep is seriouse business right?

It's not a matter of what he'll lose, but what his believers will lose by pursuing fictional claims. There are countless mysteries surrounding the ETH, so why follow one that does not push back the boundaries of understanding? There is nothing in this thread that is new.

Anyway, I hope you are right Smoking, I'll wait it out until then.

With respect, have you actually read the entire thread? smokingman2006 says there is a good possibility that 6.5 billion of us are going to die! And you hope he's right?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   

the majority class us as weird or wackos because we are here to start with

A lot of that attitude, I’m afraid, is down to sheer ignorance, but more so it is because of the sort of content we are reading on this thread. Alien contact; an apocalyptic, end-of-times- event; human unworthiness as pointed out by advanced beings; dragons; crystal skulls; meeting with Zeus and Jesus; riding in space ships…need I go on? We are being presented with fiction.

The message of change and deliverance being delivered by this thread is wonderful, is something that many religions and philosophies have striven to teach us, and is obviously one that we should all adhere to.

No one is arguing with that.

But, and as I’ve said way too many times now, because the message is utilized in threads such as this as a tool for attaining some measure of significance, not to mention with those “messengers” who see it their duty to spread it in any way they see fit complete with spurious and pointless additions, the message will always be irretrievably associated with the fringe element of ufology.

Is that not obvious?

How will these thirty five pages go toward helping us understanding what is a very real mystery?

that doesn't bother me

It bothers me. Greatly. I hate being looked at sideways when I mention UFOs, even if it does not stop me.

just as the sheepies, lemmings, et al, that blindly follow ashtar and others are the ones i hope will someday get a grip and maybe step back a little

And how will this happen? Will they all independently realize in one single moment that they are all wrong? There’s only two real ways that will come about; a real “Federation” style delegation lands on the Whitehouse Lawn, or normal, rational people make them see that they are following pretenders. Sure, it doesn’t mean an awful lot to most people if a bunch of “kooks” believe that huge star ships are circling the earth and that death and destruction is coming our way.

But in the extreme cases, not that I’m suggesting in any way, shape or form that this thread has any intention of going that way, it does matter.

Remember the tragedy that was Heavens Gate?

Heaven's Gate members believed that the planet Earth was about to be recycled (wiped clean, refurbished and rejuvenated), and that the only chance to survive was to leave it immediately.

en.wikipedia.org...'s_Gate_(cult)

I voiced these same concerns to smokingman2006 here:

Taken to the extreme (and I think that these comparisons are justified considering the intensely doom-laden content of this thread) what if your message was perceived as a rationalization for a psychotic outburst? Another Marshall Applewhite? Or a Columbine? Did this not occur?

in response to this reply from him to a previous question:

Your question asking me how I feel if certain people freak out reading my posting and how I feel about it.
My answer is I believe we are all on a predestine mission and since this body and life is only a vessel
to get you past this leg of the journey there is nothing for me to worry about.

I found that above quote faintly disturbing. No implication is intended in this, but the way I read it that answer is a “washing of the hands”. Read into that what you will. I have yet to receive a reply to my comparisons.

It is different for me, my friend, for I have unknown scars, missing time episodes, and other reasons I follow the discussion in these groups/threads; but that is personal to me and I have no earth shaking revelations to share, or i would; but, my friend, would you place me in any other light than you do Sm? Of course no; I wouldn't expect you to.

You are still presupposing there, the seeker_713g, that I am one of those hated naysayers. I am not. If you presented your experience in the guise of trying to discover just what happened, if anything, to you, then you would have received balanced and rational, and I hope helpful answers from me.

I started a thread outlining my own “experiences” (if that is what they were) and was greeted with nothing but positive replies in my quest to understand what they may have represented.

Keep up the good work and continue on, my friend; we still have a long way to go before this hand is played out to the satisfaction of all.

Thank you, and the same to you. And believe me I’ll be there at the end.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Yes, I have, and I don't think he said we were going to die, just said that the ships will only be able to take a certain amount of people.

I don't hope he's right if indeed he stated that 6.5 billion of us are going to die, I hope he's right in the sense that he has indeed contacted another being and that they care for us. Just makes me feel good, thats all. Thank you for adressing me in a respectful manner.

Also if i'm not chosen, that's fine, if i survive the encounter I'll emerge from my hole and help rebuild. If I die, it will be an adventure of the soul to who knows where. Either way it will be my time or it won't be. I've no worries.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by LeTan]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

Yes, I have, and I don't think he said we were going to die, just said that the ships will only be able to take a certain amount of people.

Please allow me to correct you. You are right in that apparently “some will be saved”:

I was warned that a very large mass has entered our solor system and as it gets closer to our planet and affect our magnetic field our weather will get wilder with more mega storms and quakes.
this race of Aliens is so corncern about this comming event that it will sent out 12 mothership each able to ferry out 10,000 human to a safe place

However, he did say the vast majority of us are going to die (my emphasis):

the calamity forcast is not set in concret the earth may survive it but our population would be greatly reduced at best we would number only slighty over 100 millions
the exodes is insurance should the worst happen.

I hope he's right in the sense that he has indeed contacted another being and that they care for us

Ah, but only some of them care for us. We are told, via his “contacts”, that a lot of alien species do not consider us worth saving.

Thank you for adressing me in a respectful manner.

I wouldn’t have it any other way.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Beamish, old friend, a lot of it is because the MSM do a real good job of pumping that anyone interested in anything paranormal has several screws loose and is as nutty as squirrel feces, has been that way for half a century;

just as their are always going to be fringe elements and cults, like heaven's gate, that do incredibly off the wall and ridicuosly stupid things, and there really isn't much we can do about them or the Jim jones' of thw world.

I read your posts about your experiences, and it was food for thought; just as this is; the difference I see is you automatically classify a lot of material as fiction; that is fine and perfectly well and good for you to do so in your opinions; I don't have enough proof in regards to most to cast a vote either way; most may well be fiction, then maybe not.

ultimately, when it is all said and done, we will all either be patting you on the back for a job well done in exsposing the truth if this turns out to be a flight of fancy, or we will be patting you on the back and saying, well, now we know it was the truth, been good knowing you and let's all work together to survive what comes next; either way it is what it is.

The sad part of it all is, we do need to work harder at changing our society regardless of anything else that comes out of this time shared together, for we are all residents of this world, and it and our society needs our attention.

Smokingman, I do have some experience with smelting of various metals, including gold dust, ore, and 24k material; could you please verify the needed temperature again? 5000 fahrenheit or centigrade?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Hi Seeker I need a smelter that can reach 5000 centigrade and maintain that tempeture for approx 5 minutes the Item to be smeltered is smaller than a Dime.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by smokingman2006

wow. that is going to be interesting to do at that temperature short of using a blast furnace; I'll have to do some research into this, for most of my experience is using equiptment designed to operate at far lower operating temps than that.

I am sure there maybe some exotic setups that can handle that sustained temp, but that is hot,man!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Yes Seeker

that is about the same heat as the surface of the sun.

Most the stuff I have been able to find are huge machines that weight a ton or more and not practicle for a home operation.

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join