It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boondocks takes on Hurricaine Katrina

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
As some of you may know, The Boondocks is a TV show that satirizes current events seen through the eyes of two young black American kids. A recent episode has examined Hurricaine Katrina's victims and her aftermath in what I think was a very humorous and apropos way.

There's the bleeding heart who wants to take everyone in. There's the stingy miser who wants to pretend he's helping without actually doing it. There's the callous, apathetic one. There's FEMA. And of course the victims. All the bases are covered. I think The Boondocks hits this one out of the park in terms of accuracy and of course hillarity.

These two videos are about ten minutes each, but well worth the watch. ***WARNING: FOUL LANGUAGE***

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sc2099

This is one of my favorite shows. It used to be an old comic strip. Even my dad of all people enjoyed this show and I didn't quite expect that! Anyways, they make tons of good points with whole episodes based on: snitching, the "n-word," graffiti, black television, the white-man who owns the bank who owns their houses, and even rappers like R. Kelly.

I'd have to say Ruckus is my favorite characters. Also Hughey because he's the conspiracy believer.

But anyways, it is a great show and I hope season 3 comes out asap.

join