It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orbs in a graveyard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Let me begin by saying I've always been very skeptical of ghosts and the paranormal in general. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's impossible, however I've never had a personal experience to lead me to believe otherwise.

That being said, my wife and I were at our friends house this evening and were shown some very interesting pictures. Our friends are an older couple, one is a retired police officer and the other a retired school teacher. A few years ago they were in Canada and decided to go and see an old church that is is up in the mountains about an hour from their Summer home. They went, took some pictures, enjoyed the scenery and went home.

They took the pictures using an regular film camera. When they developed the photos there were orbs next to four gravestones that were set away from the main stones in the graveyard. The wife looked at the photos and didn't think anything of it. She was unaware of orbs and didn't give much thought to the glowing balls in the photo. I'll add only one picture contained the orbs and that was the photo of the four headstones.

A year or so later someone was going through the photos and told her that she had captured some orbs. They explained to her what they were and she decided the next time she was in Canada she would go to the church again. On her return trip to the church she brought a friend and they both captured orbs by the four headstones on two separate cameras. Once again, these were the only orbs in all of the photos they took that day.

She returned to the church about seven times over the next few years and on about five of those times she captured the orbs at the same exact location. If I remember correctly there were a total of four different cameras that were used on her trips to the church that captured orbs. None of the other photos that were taken there contained orbs other than the ones around the four headstones.

She decided to contact the church and show them the evidence she had collected over the three or four years that she had been taking the pictures. The priest (who was a woman) told her that those graves were not buried in hallowed ground for some reason. The priest became quite upset and wanted to go to the graves immediately with our friend. She intimated that our friend was involved in some sort of witchcraft and was somehow the cause of this. Anyhow, our friend agreed to go and when they arrived at the cemetery the priest began praying and speaking in tongues at the grave sites. She didn't take any pictures that day.

The last time she went to the church after the "exorcism" (or whatever the priest did) was about a year later. A very strange thing happened this time. All of the pictures she took look as though they were taken at night. It's all very black and you can't really see the gravestones. In a couple of the pictures there is an orb that is so close to the lens that it takes up most of the photo. I couldn't believe these pictures were taken in broad daylight and I almost didn't believe it until I could see sunlight faintly in the background of one of the photos. I'm getting chills right now thinking about it.

What I believe lends so much credence to this story is the character of the woman that took these photos. She is a very intelligent and trustworthy person. After her last trip to the church she told me that she was actually a little frightened to go back and I can't say I blame her. The last set of photos were very eerie and I just couldn't believe what I was looking at.
I wanted to ask her if I could borrow the photos and scan them so I could share them on the web. However I didn't feel that the time was right.

So I wanted to get people opinions on this. What is the consensus on orbs right now? I've read that a lot of them can be explained by dust, pollen, bugs, etc., but I don't believe that's what this was. If that is what it was, I think you would see them in some of the other photos taken there over the years. The fact that they are always in the same place makes me believe there is really something to this. Also, the last set of pictures look as though they were taken at night and I've never heard of anything like that happening before.

So let me know what you think. In the near future I'm going to work on trying to get these photos to share on ATS.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Interesting read.

I have taken heaps of "orb" photos, all on a digital camera.

Sample:

www.flickr.com...

The fact that these photos may have been taken on film camera is something else, though I maybe wrong, I haven't seen many "orb" photos of which have been taken on a film camera.

"Orbs" are a curious anomaly, though I think it is just as you said, dust, pollen etc... Sometimes the seem too congregate around a particular area, which has me sitting on the fence in regards too validity.

Hope you can get your hands on the photos and scan them for us, as you know, it is a bit difficult too offer an opinion if there is nothing more too go on.

Cheers, Fox.

join