It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A life Changing exoerience

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Most life changing moments are religious or spiritual. Mine is not.

i have recently seen a movie called ZeitGeist.

www.zeitgeistmovie.com...

This movie is one that all Americans have to see. It is a 2 hour look at how messed up the world is. It is mostly a look at America and how it is slowly turning into a police state. it also cover religion and 9/11. this movie should be watched by every American.

i will give you my small synopsis:

part 1: all bible figures were taking from ancient Egyptian texts. Jesus is Horus god = sun

Prt 2: 9/11 was an inside job. sinking of Lusitania was planned. pearl harbor was planned. Vietnam war was planned. government hates you

Part 3: federal reserve is a private company. prints your money. is putting chips in us. YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY INCOME TAXES.

I ask you to watch this movie. you will look at the world in a much differnt way. its a 2 hour long movie but if you want to be informed you must watch this.

The Revolution Is Now

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
this was my exact reaction to zeitgiest as well.

before i watched this, i thought all conspiracy arguments were a bit lame, and people just trying to hate society, but seeing that made me stop and think and actualy take notice of what happens in the world around me.

its a great watch!

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
i think what really had done me was 'freedom to fascism' the documentary by aaron russo, which zeitgeist copies all of in part 3.

Part 1 was pretty much unbelievable as the external sources were not credible. Besides that a good outtake on looking outside the fishbowl.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

That is pretty well known around here. While not everyone agrees with what the movie said, it's at least been seen.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nahsik
i think what really had done me was 'freedom to fascism' the documentary by aaron russo, which zeitgeist copies all of in part 3.

Part 1 was pretty much unbelievable as the external sources were not credible. Besides that a good outtake on looking outside the fishbowl.

I saw that movie aswell. but i felt that this movie is much more important. especially the 9/11 and the War parts

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I kind of have to laugh at you. Not really you in particular... but the idea that the world is perfect or something. Just because it works, doesn't mean it's not really messed up. Some of the movie is pretty far out there, but some of it could be/is true. So?

We have wars, genocides, religions that all believe something crazy. Even those religious have a different base than what's believed now.

Interesting movie, it helps open up your mind a bit, regardless of how much is true vs false. Even if it's all BS, it makes you start thinking, and hopefully it'll lead to denying ignorance. Knowing things are messed up is a sign that they could improve, since now you know.

(And knowing is only half the battle... GI JOE~)

I can't make completely serious posts.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Well if you're so quick to believe everything in a single movie you might as well keep travelling down the rabbit hole and watch www.youtube.com...

Zeitgeist refuted.

Things are not so black and white in the world of truth. You have to dig HARD.

zeitgeistchallenge.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
What the he** is an exoerience? please tidy up the spelling...

Ok? never post after drinking. Never ever, don't do it.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
What the he** is an exoerience? please tidy up the spelling...

Ok? never post after drinking. Never ever, don't do it.

yes i am i terrible speller and my grammar sucks but i haen't slept for 30 or so hour so give me a break

Originally posted by Kalapadea
I kind of have to laugh at you. Not really you in particular... but the idea that the world is perfect or something. Just because it works, doesn't mean it's not really messed up. Some of the movie is pretty far out there, but some of it could be/is true. So?

We have wars, genocides, religions that all believe something crazy. Even those religious have a different base than what's believed now.

Interesting movie, it helps open up your mind a bit, regardless of how much is true vs false. Even if it's all BS, it makes you start thinking, and hopefully it'll lead to denying ignorance. Knowing things are messed up is a sign that they could improve, since now you know.

(And knowing is only half the battle... GI JOE~)

I can't make completely serious posts.

no hurt feelings. i do understand that some of the claims might not be accurate or jsut down right lies but as you alreeady mentioned it will get people's attention and hopefully tyhat will lead to more answers. i dont think you could deny the fact that america is going through changes and they might not be for the best. i jsut enjoyed the movie and wanted to share it with more people

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

"exoerience" is a typographical error. The OP meant "experience". On a "qwerty" keyboard the "o" and the "p" are right next to each other--it's easy to make typing mistakes. And it can be difficult to proofread one's own work.

OP--Thanks for the heads up. I haven't heard of "Zeitgeist", but I look forward to watching it.

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reddupo
Well if you're so quick to believe everything in a single movie you might as well keep travelling down the rabbit hole and watch www.youtube.com...

Zeitgeist refuted.

i dont a bit of reaserch in to this "zeitgiest refuted" and really, it all comes down to christians not accepting what they have to say, its a joke, the only people i hjave seen bad mouthing this film ARE the religious freaks in teh conspiticy world..

ppl need to realise their is no god or jesus, their just stories, live with iut.

(and before you start, dont correct my spelling, as i really couldnt give a flying monkey)

[edit on 14-9-2008 by boaby_phet]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet

Zeitgeist refuted.

i dont a bit of reaserch in to this "zeitgiest refuted" and really, it all comes down to christians not accepting what they have to say, its a joke, the only people i hjave seen bad mouthing this film ARE the religious freaks in teh conspiticy world..

ppl need to realise their is no god or jesus, their just stories, live with iut.

(and before you start, dont correct my spelling, as i really couldnt give a flying monkey)

yes i came to the same conclusion. its a lot easier to deny the truth then to accept it. i just posted this because i believe that the movie has an important message and i think that it should be viewed by everyone. i don't care about the religious parts (being your friendly neighborhood Atheist) but the part about the U.S. government i do care about. this movie opened my eyes to a lot of things i didn't even think twice about. i always assumed that the government printed and controlled our money. i always believed that America was always forced into war. this movie has taught me otherwise. i just ask you to watch the movie and make your own decisions based on this new evidence.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet

Zeitgeist refuted.

Fine fine, Christianity, God, whatever is debatable. I don't really care. However most biblical scholars agree that Jesus has nothing to do with Egyptian myths. One example is the resurrection that Zeitgeist mentions: Both Osiris and Jesus are resurrected from the dead by God. However what isn't mentioned is that Osiris is resurrected into the underworld as ruler, and Jesus is resurrected back to his earth life and goes to his disciples.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
yes but where is most of this information coming from. the place that hold more then 60% of the worlds artifacts(according to the fact that i made up for this. but seriously i dont know how much they have but they have alot) the vatican. the holyist place on earth. obviously they wont tell you the truth itll ruin their business

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
It changed me too. I actually believe and understand the bible better because of it. Especially the astrological parts.

But I'm not one to focus on the image too much. I see it as being about the philosophy behind it, and the image is mostly astrological stuff.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
yea the movie impacts you on many differnet levels i still think of myself as atheist but i do understand religion better now

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
It changed me too. I actually believe and understand the bible better because of it. Especially the astrological parts.

But I'm not one to focus on the image too much. I see it as being about the philosophy behind it, and the image is mostly astrological stuff.

I remember Zeitgeist's argument for Christianity derived from astrology is the scriptures they referenced like the story of Jesus telling the disciples to seek the water bearer (age of Aquarius), and the 4 beasts in Revelations, Scorpio, Leo, Aquarius, Taurus (the cardinal signs). Just because the Bible mentions astrology does not mean it is an illustration of astrology. It even specifically talks about astrology.

Genesis 1:14 "And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days and years:"

Luke 21:25 "And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars;..."

As for the vague similarities between Christianity and Sun worship, you would find these in any religion with any myth. Just because there is a ruler of heaven and an opposing ruler of hell in Hinduism means all faiths after it copied that idea?

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
hinduism might be the first official religion but before that there were other religions. i cant really name them or remember much about them except that they revolved around the sun stars fire water and other things in nature. so i would say that all other religions are based on those un-official religions.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

I am of the opinion that the astrology is a universal way of telling the time. If you understand and know the stars and things, then you can tell the time period you are in by looking at their positions in relation to the sun.

If you then understand the pace of how things go, then you can give a general time period on when certain changes will come about. The same way you can plot a graph and continue the line.

And as far as Hinduism and other religions go. It is the philosophy that has the similarities. Philosophy is universal, the images and cultures are not. And that is why it doesn't matter to me at all if the story of Jesus was lifted. Because the image isn't the important thing at all, it's the philosophy behind what is being said that is important.

It is those who push and worship symbolism that are deceived. They don't actually understand the philosophy and as long as anyone believes in the symbolism that are constantly mislead. They think anyone who shows the symbolism must be good. And people hide behind that symbolism to gain power. Only the blind people who focus on image are deceived, if you understand the philosophy behind the symbols then you know immediately when that philosophy isn't being followed and who's is.

And oddly enough, the bible pretty much even says that will happen. And the people who actually try to follow and teach the philosophy are generally killed and marginalized. Usually by the brainwashed masses who follow the symbolism and not the path.

Meanwhile, thats also the major perception of religious people, and the philosophies included are all but lost as people can easily see the evil the church commits and simply think it must all be a system of control.

And lets not even get into how each side of these seperate religions who follow only symbol actively play the evil part for the other side, as the puppets all engage in world wide hypocracy.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
reply to post by Reddupo

Great post!

You eloquently articulated what I lazily tried to cram into a few sentences.

To N. Tesla, this is what I mean. I gave Hinduism predating Christianity as an example of two similar philosophies that were not related to eachother, not to say it was the first religion.

Zeitgeist makes it out to be similar because of direct symbol plagiarism. I'm saying it is philosophy behind it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join