It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God Is Omnipotent, Than There Is No Freewill

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jwstarry

Yes, Yahuah is all-powerful. Yes we can have free will.
How is this possible?
Simply, he is powerful enough that He can limit Himself. That's all there is to it.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
i find messages everywhere.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Exactly man, exactly. Also, if God is all loving and will forgive us of our sins, then there isn't even a need for hell. He'll even forgive murder if you repent, so why all this fuss about hell, anyone can theologically get into heaven if God forgives all sins. Why send people to hell? Because they don't believe in you? But if you love them unconditionally, then you don't need their belief, as your love is unconditional.

Try and tell this to someone of the cloth and they just don't get it. They'll say that God has given you the freewill to choose to believe or not but, if you don't believe, you'll go to hell. If I go to hell, then God's love is conditional, because I had to believe in him to get his love. Doesn't this go against the same principle that God's love is unconditional and he loves all his children? He clearly doesn't if he sends those who don;t believe to hell.

This is all further proof that religious theories are falacies, made up at a time when people needed it to understand where we came from, how the sun existed, how the moon existed, how the stars shone etc. Now we know that, we realise that the relious aspect is a lie.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethia

Now we know that, we realise that the relious aspect is a lie.

Actually, if "we know that", then why are so many millions of people still blindly believing? Apparently, the world still needs people like us to bring common sense back into it. And the only way to bring people out of their ridiculous beliefs is to speak the language of it.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

FWIW;

A reader of the Shack had this to say about it;

" The Scripturally-challenged and the Biblically-ignorant should especially refrain from reading this New Age propaganda, and those who already have should now do their remedial homework, "search[ing] the Scriptures daily, whether those things were so." Cultivate an informed opinion, not one based on emotional distortions. Don't traipse down a very wide and dangerous path."

That was my hunch about it, as there is a lot of this out there, hence the huge but very confused new age movement that has created reality out of well crafted fiction.

An expose of it;

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1221893562&sr=8-5

[edit on 20-9-2008 by toasted]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by toasted
reply to post by Jemison

FWIW;

A reader of the Shack had this to say about it;

" The Scripturally-challenged and the Biblically-ignorant should especially refrain from reading this New Age propaganda, and those who already have should now do their remedial homework, "search[ing] the Scriptures daily, whether those things were so." Cultivate an informed opinion, not one based on emotional distortions. Don't traipse down a very wide and dangerous path."

That was my hunch about it, as there is a lot of this out there, hence the huge but very confused new age movement that has created reality out of well crafted fiction.

An expose of it;

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1221893562&sr=8-5

No, the "scripturally-challenged" should NOT refrain from reading "New Age propaganda" because how else will they defend against religious brain-washers like the ones talked about on your signature? People don't stay "confused" for long, particularly not so long as they're ALLOWED to be open-minded and have the Smörgåsbord of information in front of them that is the internet. Many religions put a virtual fence around their "sheep"...
Sick.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by mmariebored]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmariebored

Actually, if "we know that", then why are so many millions of people still blindly believing? Apparently, the world still needs people like us to bring common sense back into it. And the only way to bring people out of their ridiculous beliefs is to speak the language of it.

That many millions number is falling rapidly, and you know that to be the case. Everyday the number of "church goers" falls, as people realize the falsehood being propagated in the supposed house of God.

And you bring "common sense" to the world? You are very delusional. How many religious wars were based on "common sense"?

There are a number of things that people try and get you to believe in your life and the only thing that will get you to believe them is evidence, be it a politician trying to prove some legislation is the right thing to do, or a salesman trying to prove that you should buy a certain product. Common sense dictates that they should prove what they say. Yet, with something so fundamental and essential to the way you live your life, you think belief is enough? That's "common sense"? That's hilarious yes, but not common sense.

Another ridiculous nature of religion is that it will all be revealed to you once you pass on. When you're dead. Funny that, because when I'm dead, I won't be able to come back and say whether it was true or not. This is why the lie has continued for so long, because those who can say they lived their entire life believing in God only to find out it wasn't true are dead before they can tell anyone else. What a lovely little con religion is.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by Alethia]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethia

Originally posted by mmariebored

That many millions number is falling rapidly, and you know that to be the case. Everyday the number of "church goers" falls, as people realize the falsehood being propagated in the supposed house of God.

And you bring "common sense" to the world? You are very delusional. How many religious wars were based on "common sense"?

There are a number of things that people try and get you to believe in your life and the only thing that will get you to believe them is evidence, be it a politician trying to prove some legislation is the right thing to do, or a salesman trying to prove that you should buy a certain product. Common sense dictates that they should prove what they say. Yet, with something so fundamental and essential to the way you live your life, you think belief is enough? That's "common sense"? That's hilarious yes, but not common sense.

Another ridiculous nature of religion is that it will all be revealed to you once you pass on. When you're dead. Funny that, because when I'm dead, I won't be able to come back and say whether it was true or not. This is why the lie has continued for so long, because those who can say they lived their entire life believing in God only to find out it wasn't true are dead before they can tell anyone else. What a lovely little con religion is.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by Alethia]

Clearly, you misread my posts. I don't believe ANY religion is common sense. I'm against all religions.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by mmariebored]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
If God is omnipotent then there is no freewill.

Because God is omnippotent then there is free will. He is powerful enough to create and give free will if He wants to do so and it does not contradict His omnipotence.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by fmcanarney

So God could make a sandwich too big for him to eat? That is what you are saying. God is a paradox, according to you.

Now you're just playing fast and loose with logic. But I guess that's cool when you're talking about the Invisible Sky Wizard/Jewish Zombie/Rapist Ghost theory.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

I've never heard of any of those "gods"(?) that you just mentioned, but I'm curious, can you elaborate so your point can make more sense, please?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by fmcanarney

So God could make a sandwich too big for him to eat? That is what you are saying. God is a paradox, according to you.
No, God cannot do something that is inherently inconsistent.
Like a rock too big to lift, or 1+1=3.
Now you're just playing fast and loose with logic. But I guess that's cool when you're talking about the Invisible Sky Wizard/Jewish Zombie/Rapist Ghost theory.

A child wets the bed thirty five days in a row.
When you put them to bed tonight, you know they will wet the bed, and they do.
It takes a lot of patience to get a child to use their free will to eliminate properly. You have to get them to pay attention to the feelings first and then to use their will to control muscles, and then teach to go in the proper facilities.
You use their free will to make an involuntary action become semi voluntary then become fully volitional action.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join