It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robbie swaps pop for UFO hunt--- ATS mentioned in article

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
horrible how some "newswriter" change the facts...

well..if you have no headline...make one...

but anyway..thats an old story ...and i think its nothing new for the biking chris

for the "nerdy website" ..what?? i think this guy need a "visit"

[edit on 14-9-2008 by angrydog]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Dam.................

Poor Robbie having to deal with all the papperatzi crap that ALL celebrities must deal with.......I mean look at all the OVER THE TOP reports on any famous person...

Most ALL of it is all bullcrap right out of the gate, and we know that.....
(at least smart people do)

Robbie is a BRAVE MAN for speaking up about thing that are so tabu

He is taking a HUGE chance with his career in the sense that the dumb MSM. will work as hard as they can to make him seem like a lunatic.

Lets hope he doesn't get any dang parking tickets as they will spin it all about Aliens and how the UFOs told him to park in 'special places'

Thats just how they spin it.....to make the witnesses look bad.

They have a dang hay day when someone as famous as Robbie speaks up.

I think he is smart enough to know exactly WHAT he was stepping into when he was brave enough to talk about what he has seen.
He just happens to be dealing with all the flak of bringing the truth to the people who know not what is going on.

Way to go Robbie......your a true leader and a hero.

[edit on 14-9-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Well i have to say, as long as Mr.Williams doesn't do anything to crazy then i think his continual support and pulicizing fo the community can only be a good thing. No doubt this website will have to deal with the usual influx of obsessed fans and kids trying to cause trouble. Along the way however maybe it will make this UFO phenomenon more mainstream. Lately discussing strange sightings has been more accepted and less laughed at.

So good on Mr.Williams, he has my respect for now as it takes an awful lot of courage for someone who is famous to come out and say such things. I bet half of the people on this website wouldn't do it, i'm not even sure i would. The quiet life is so much easier than being ridiculed.

I'm off to buy a Robbie album! Afterall i know he's rich but the more money he has the more research he can do

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
There is already a thread about RW in the news Here

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The Daily Star described the site as ''nerdy'' because they know we do not believe 95 percent of the crap they print in their shallow rag of a newspaper, they don't like that fact so they tried to denigrate us. Funny that they use this 'nerdy' site as a source for one of their stories though.

Daily Star, if you are reading this, and I have no doubt one of you snivelling idiot reporters will be, may I suggest you swivel on my mid-digit? thanks.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Hello
It does not surprise me in the least. Our Robbie is merely echoing the Beatles song “Cant buy me love” or in his case “truth, which is also linked to love. Love serves at its best when it’s done for the right reason.

Robbie is simply pushing the boundaries of that concept. It is a concept which claws at your soul, it gnaws your grey matter to query “who am I, why am I here and WTF is going on/not being told.

It queries the real possibility that there is more to this existence/life/lives than sheer material gain weather it be monetary or power acquiring gains. There IS something else…

Its like no matter how high you climb there is that fascination of “where does the ladder really begin and/or end”.

I suspect you will get more and more like Robbie. I would drink with him anytime, providing he can keep up with us Irish, as am sure he would naturally.
My 2 cents.
Slainte/Peace

Kirky

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hello
It does not surprise me in the least. Our Robbie is merely echoing the Beatles song “Cant buy me love” or in his case “truth, which is also linked to love. Love serves at its best when it’s done for the right reason.

Robbie is simply pushing the boundaries of that concept. It is a concept which claws at your soul, it gnaws your grey matter to query “who am I, why am I here and WTF is going on/not being told.

It queries the real possibility that there is more to this existence/life/lives than sheer material gain weather it be monetary or power acquiring gains. There IS something else…

Its like no matter how high you climb there is that fascination of “where does the ladder really begin and/or end”.

I suspect you will get more and more like Robbie. I would drink with him anytime, providing he can keep up with us Irish, as am sure he would naturally.
My 2 cents.
Slainte/Peace

Kirky

Sorry 4 double post

[edit on 14-9-2008 by kirky]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This Newspaper is one of the reasons I believe Robbie left the U.K. The press over here just make stupid headlines up. They constantly hassle any celebrity looking for a dirty story to sell newspapers. This paper has zero credibility. It's pure trash.

I doubt this paper will even exist in ten years. Newspapers are having a bad time these days. Their sales are going down dramatically. They resort to printing all kinds of crap and lies. I believe this is the reason for the Sun showing so many UFO stories, too sell more papers.

Let them the "Star" call us "nerds". This Website "ATS" is a lot more professional and frequented by many more diverse, intelligent people than the "Star" could ever attract.

The "Star" is aimed at the typical working bloke. They have page 3 girls. Their stories are just pathetic.

If you don't believe me, just go to their website. Basically, it's a paper for "Nuggets".

Take no notice of these prats. They're not taken seriously as a newspaper.

]

[edit on 14uSunday08/27/08 by paul76]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by paul76
This Newspaper is one of the reasons I believe Robbie left the U.K. The press over here just make stupid headlines up. They constantly hassle any celebrity looking for a dirty story to sell newspapers. This paper has zero credibility. It's pure trash.

I doubt this paper will even exist in ten years. Newspapers are having a bad time these days. Their sales are going down dramatically. They resort to printing all kinds of crap and lies. I believe this is the reason for the Sun showing so many UFO stories, too sell more papers.

Let them the "Star" call us "nerds". This Website "ATS" is a lot more professional and frequented by many more diverse, intelligent people than the "Star" could ever attract.

The "Star" is aimed at the typical working bloke. They have page 3 girls. Their stories are just pathetic.

If you don't believe me, just go to there website. Basically, it's a paper for "Nuggets".

Take no notice of these prats. They're not taken seriously as a newspaper.

[edit on 14uSunday08/27/08 by paul76]

I don’t think Robbie gives a flying **** about the tabloids m8, no offence

Slainte/Peace

Kirky

PS. Neither do I/Most non-brain washed folk.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
UFO geeks and Nerds, huh?

LMFAO

Good one Daily Star, you have just lost millions of potential readers!

The thing about seeing how easy it is to lie and distort facts, ( as a previous poster mentioned, RW hasn't to my knowledge said he saw aliens) as well as attempting to discredit a site that is able to front them out so efficiently!

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Same old story ...... Craploids printing bc they are too lazy to do some decent work. I don't believe this kinda publications.

Its cool Rob is doing something like this and its cool he found ppl via ATS to share his story with. He did an interview with ATS, what he said there will always be taken out of context by the tabloids. Bet he's used to it by now. It's not worth reading any of these articles in tabloids.

ATS is more in picture now. Just see it as free advertising.

crisonabike is just one of many ppl here on ATS. As Rob he's hanging out with ppl that share the same interest. I believe there's nothing wrong with that.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
UFO geeks and Nerds, huh?

LMFAO

Good one Daily Star, you have just lost millions of potential readers!

The thing about seeing how easy it is to lie and distort facts, ( as a previous poster mentioned, RW hasn't to my knowledge said he saw aliens) as well as attempting to discredit a site that is able to front them out so efficiently!

Media is controlled by goverment babe,, it figurs. Just a thought. Kirky

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I think most celebrities give a #### about the press when they're constantly being followed and snapped by Cameras. They're not allowed to lead a normal life. There are plenty of Celebrities who have moved State side or other destinations just to get away from the constant torment. Even Lewis Hamilton has had to move away from Britain because of the grief. If I remember rightly, I'm sure I read that Robbie stated this one of the reasons why he left Britain for the states. I might be wrong
I don't particularly care

All I'm saying is, this paper is complete trash. Don't be offended by their comments.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melyanna Tengwesta
Same old story ...... Craploids printing bc they are too lazy to do some decent work. I don't believe this kinda publications.

Its cool Rob is doing something like this and its cool he found ppl via ATS to share his story with. He did an interview with ATS, what he said there will always be taken out of context by the tabloids. Bet he's used to it by now. It's not worth reading any of these articles in tabloids.

ATS is more in picture now. Just see it as free advertising.

crisonabike is just one of many ppl here on ATS. As Rob he's hanging out with ppl that share the same interest. I believe there's nothing wrong with that.

Mmmm
Like I told the past poster, I don’t think Rob gives one solitory *snip* about the “craploids”
Come to think of it….newspapers did have a very good use in the ww2/london blitz times,, you know when we ran out of bog roll…

Just my take on things/sign of the times..ahem Star..lol

Peace
Kirky

----
Mod edit: Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14/9/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Good riddance I say, The Daily Star is a shifty tabloid whose main puspose is to print topless girls with big boobs on page 3.

I wouldn't worry too much about being labeled nerdy.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jwstarry
[mo

Have to say the Star is not a good source of news - like all other media they will create something out of nothing, Robbie is only doing what most of us on here believe in, I for one would love to have the opportunity to do what he is doing and still be a singer ...............You go Robbie!! (as if he would give up singing)

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
come on peeps...getting mad at the "Daily star'' is like being upset with a Puppy that pee's in its own crate.....being a nerd isnt so bad..they always get the girl in 80's movies.
fortunately their readership is so small...it doesn't matter....
pick your fights...its not worth making you angry...all the best
chris and his bike

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It did make me giggle when i seen what paper said was, Like chrisonabike says its in no way a big fish paper.

And anyhows if we are the nerdys then ga what a good looking bunch we are

[edit on 14-9-2008 by asala]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
all the newspaper make up stories...we know it...

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kirky

Mmmm
Like I told the past poster, I don’t think Rob gives one solitory *snip* about the “craploids”
Come to think of it….newspapers did have a very good use in the ww2/london blitz times,, you know when we ran out of bog roll…

Just my take on things/sign of the times..ahem Star..lol

Peace
Kirky

----
Mod edit: Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14/9/2008 by Badge01]

I agree, complety. Anyway its a waste of time to read stuff like in my opinion. Better read something ur realy interested in

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join