It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robbie swaps pop for UFO hunt--- ATS mentioned in article

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Robbie swaps pop for UFO hunt--- ATS mentioned in article

www.dailystar.co.uk

RECLUSE Robbie Williams wants to quit the music business and devote himself to looking for aliens.

The 34-year-old has become obsessed with life on other planets and claims to have seen aliens twice.

It is thought that despite being locked into an £80million record deal, Robbie spends most of his time stargazing and chatting online to UFO geeks.

In a new posting on a nerdy website, the troubled star has confirmed fans’ worst nightmares by saying he will ditch music altogether if record execs do not accept his barmy hobby.

Robbie said on the website Above Top Secret: “I’m not worried about my career. I’ve had my time in the sun time and time again
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I know there has been alot of mention of Robbie on here recently but this is the first thing I seen that includes both ATS and Robbie outside of here.

www.dailystar.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Well if I had already made my millions then I would probably do something similar. He's obviously very interested in the subject, so more power to him in his search.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
As far as I can recall, chrisonabike never mentioned seeing aliens, he only mentioned seeing UFOs.

Way to go, newspaper...totally distort the facts!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
in the article it says "In a new posting on a nerdy website".

Are the calling us nerds? Dem fightin words!!

[edit on 13-9-2008 by jwstarry]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
nerdy website?

how considerate..denying ignorance is nerdy now.

Im glad to know that not all pop stars are willing to cater to others for money. Im glad to see that Mr. Williams is doing what he wants to do, and I hope more people follow suit. Not necessarily in looking for ufos, but doing what they want to do.

Why do so many people chase after other people's dreams. You see it all the time, everywhere you go. They see so many people following another's dream, be it scholastic achievement, career choice, armed forces, et c. So many people choose to follow a dream that is not their own, because of many reasons and don't use their life to do what they want to do.

kudos for Robbie

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
nerdy? I bet the author wouldn't say that to my face.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Nerdy Website?

Yeah, No...

People are dying in a government sponsored war and we are to be dismissed...

Yeah, NO...

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Well nerds are notorious for being Above Top Intelligence, so it was just an easy way to keep people off his back while he lays it on the line as to his future plans.

The exects will probaly give him a TV deal and he will end up even more rich and famous.

Good job chrisonabike, you have shown your loyalty towards the denial of ignorance and towards this Motley Crew of personalities, some maybe nerds, you got that right.

Springer, this also speaks volumes about you.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Maybe we need with Mr. Williams permission a well thought out public reply to this article.

It makes me mad that the media can be allowed to twist the facts.
We need for the sake of all members of ATS to nip this in the bud with facts.

[edit on 13-9-2008 by SvenTheBerserK]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Man I hope he didn't say that. What's more rare, a UFO or a very good pop song like angels. UFOs are commonplace now I think, and very good music like that hit by Robbie isn't.

I have seen so many UFOs and so sure I know what they are that I don't even try to look any more. UFOs are a proven fact to me and thousands perhaps milliolns of other intelligent successful people as well.

Keep churning out the hits Robbie, I wasn't aware it was you that sang that song until I looked up your music on Youtube. Rock on popster.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SvenTheBerserK

The author, Rick Lyons, can (I suppose) be contacted at the Daily Star.
I would ask that someone in the UK get a copy of the paper and try and find his e-mail address.
We should invite him to come and debate here at ATS, if he has the intestinal fortitude.

Subject: Facts and Suppositions in Journalism - The difference?

What was it they used to say: 'Never let the facts get in the way of a good story!' Well that goes for all the UK tabloids!

H

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Well...I have a new found respect for Robbie Williams

I enjoyed the article lol. Glad to be a part of this nerdy website! Tell em where to stick it Robbie

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This article is funny at best but I found Robbie's perfect rebuttal to this articel.

Robbie's rebuttal to Mr Lyons

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
It sounds like the media is giving him an ultimatum.

Anyone that doesn't think nerdy is cool needs a good swift kick.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jwstarry
This article is funny at best but I found Robbie's perfect rebuttal to this articel.

Robbie's rebuttal to Mr Lyons

I prefer this version

No offense Mr Williams...I'm sure you would be able to come up with a better rebuttal than this anyway!

[edit on 13/9/08 by ChChKiwi]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Well done Williams!

Bloated and unkept ... bah!

You mean well fed and relaxed!

Nerd is the new black anyways ... has been for years.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
You mean.. tabloids don't tell the truth?

My whole world view has been shattered.

Clearly, Mr Williams, you need to be more shallow. Forget concerning yourself with anything OTHER than yourself, other famous people, fashion, and the music industry.

The world becomes a stranger place with each passing day, imho.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Maybe a solid group of UFO researchers and innovators should come up with a good way to obtain great evidence of impressive space craft in Earth orbit and landing, and then present this idea to Robbie and have him finance it.

Keep making albums, though, I'm sure you can be a good melting pot for pop fans and UFO research to come closer together, Robbie.

Peace, love and light.

Interview:

[edit on 14-9-2008 by sllapur]

[edit on 14-9-2008 by sllapur]

[edit on 14-9-2008 by sanctum]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join