It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honoring 9-11 by stripping more of our freedoms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Not huge news or anything, but as a PA resident I found this interesting. The official PA indoor smoking ban took effect on, you guessed it, 9-11. Apparently, the best way to beat the terrorist that supposedly attacked us because they hate our freedoms is to keep taking more an more of those freedoms away.

Heres a link to an article on it:

www.philly.com...

This is what I really find hilarious though. I go to a state university here
in PA, and on 9-11, there was a huge event where all kinds of students were giving out free t-shirts and the like if you would sign a statement saying you supported this ban. Yet there was almost no mention of 9-11, other than a vigil (that was far less publicized) at 9 in the morning.

The ironic thing is that if these students are really concerned about lung disease as they claim, then why not take 9-11 to inform people of our governments failure to help the 9-11 workers (over 40,000) that have developed lung disease because of they governments lies and incompetence. Instead what I saw was mind numbing praise for a bill that no one had bothered to research.

I spent 9-11 quiet without mentioning one of my crazy conspiracy theories all day, in honor of the victims of that day. But my government chose to honor those families by taking away more of our rights, and by paying people to go around to college campuses and give away cookies and shirts for their support. Maybe I'm just reading to much into it, but to me this is symbolic of how the government views 9-11. It wasn't a tragedy that should always be remembered out of honor for the victims. On the contrary, it was a catalyst for allowing more government control of our lives.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Oh, I'm feelin' it with you, babe. Ironic indeed.

R.I.P. Bill Hicks - we miss you.

new topics

join