It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were suddenly put in charge of your country....

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

Murder is murder. For all you Christians out there your ten commandments say "Thou shall not kill" period.

Once you kill (even for revenge and that is what it is) you are exactly at the same level as the person you are killing.

We are all interconnected and few people see this. What you do to another you do to yourself.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I thank you for your opinions. For the record, I am not a Christian. I am an atheist. I also consider myself a realist. I spoke of death penalties only for those severest of criminals who have gone out of their way to pray on greater society, rather than ever aid it in any way. Those criminals who we as a society do not ever want back on our streets. Those who will rot the rest of their days in prison, with no hope of ever getting out.

Why would we as a society want to pay for their existance with no contributions from them? In my opinion, we need to face facts. They chose their paths. I'm okay with putting them to death. (And so are the families of their victims, I assure you). This to me, is justified. And I believe it should be so. Just my opinion.

Others on this thread would put any number of factions to death. I usually don't agree but I don't argue because I solicited their opinions. To each their own, right? And this is, after all a theoretical thread. Anyways. Thanks for posting and be well.

-Static Sky

[edit on 9/18/2008 by Static Sky]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I think I'd take from the military, too. Make it 90% national defense only and national aid, able. And 10% peacekeepers for missions abroad. The extra money would go into a nation wide "Help the homeless" program similar to what NYC uses.

From what I gather, tax money was used to buy existing run down buildings and warehouses, they were converted into small suites, homeless people were registered and placed into a suite, and they began work and/or training programs to agressively get them back into the workforce wherever they fit. (Or agressive substance abuse rehabilitation programs, if need be).

I'd modify it as I looked deeper into it I'm sure but I do think it's a good aproach.

Another quick thanks for the interest and flags this thread has recieved. My "Your own world" thread, didn't do anywhere near as well for some reason.

[edit on 10/4/2008 by Static Sky]

[edit on 10/4/2008 by Static Sky]

<< 4  5  6   >>

join