Originally posted by Static Sky
I would just like to reiterate, this is NOT a political debate thread. This is a dream thread. You're in charge of your country. No votes on policy,
no debating them either. You say it, it's now law. So that said, what changes would YOU make, to make your country better? ...
I would add the following amendments to the Constitution. Of course, I would word it a little differently, but the idea would remain exactly the
same. It's just too late to write it the "proper" way.
1) Any politician, local, state, or federal, who lies while campaigning or when in office is to be punished with death. The penalty is to be carried
out within 1 hour of a guilty verdict. If a prosecutor refuses to bring charges against the politician, ANY citizen in the county in which the lie
was made has the RIGHT to go before the sitting grand jury, and present evidence of the lie. If the jury returns an indictment, the prosecutor joins
the politican, and shares the verdict of the politician.
2) No public company can sell goods or services for a profit while United States Troops are overseas and engaged in hostile actions, whether in a
declared war or not. Additionally, no private company can sell goods or services at a profit to any governmental unit (local, state, or federal). If
it is determined that a company has profited from selling goods or services during a time of hostile actions, their entire board of directors, AND
THEIR TOP 10 SHAREHOLDERS are to be put to death within 1 hour of the guilty verdict. If any of the top 10 shareholders are other corporations, then
that board of directors will also go on trial. Any citizen residing in the county in which the action occurred can bring it to the attention of the
sitting Grand Jury, if the prosecutor fails to bring charges. If the Grand Jury returns a bill of indictment, the prosecutor shares in the verdict of
the company, including the penalty of death.
3) No attorney, lawyer, or former or current judge can hold any public office, except for the prosecuting attorney or judge. No lawyer or judge may
hold any of the offices in the supreme court of the United States.
4) No person may hold a position in law enforcement for more than 5 years in any 10 year period.
5) An actual person cannot be taxed on their income, nor on their personal property (real or otherwise).
6) It is the right of the american people to use whatever the common means of transportation is current. This cannot be revoked, restricted, or
7) In ANY proceeding against a citizen which would result in any amount of jail time or fine, the RIGHT of the citizen to have at trail by jury.
8) No judge may accept a "plea agreement". All prosecutions must go to trial. If the person or persons is found innocent, the entire cost of the
defense is to be paid by the prosecutors office. If the prosecutor's office runs out of funds, the prosecuting attorney, and any assistant
prosecuting attorneys are to be held PERSONALLY responsible for the associated costs. If the defendant is found innocent on one or more charges, the
entire costs of the defense is to be divided by the number of charges, and the prosecuting attorney's office is to pay the share or shares of the
"not guilty" charges.
9) At every election, TWO Presidents, Vice Presidents, Senators, and Representatives are to be elected, primary and secondary. There are to be 2
sitting Supreme Courts. In the event that the United States is involved in hostile actions overseas, the primary President, Vice President, Senators,
and Representatives are to be IMMEDIATELY drafted, limited to the rank of private (and may never advance), and are sent to the front lines. The
secondary people assume the primaries duties. IMMEDIATELY, there is to be another election of a secondary President, Vice President, Senators, and
Representatives. If after 10 days there is still hostile actions overseas, these people are drafted, and the process repeats.
10) In the event that United States Troops are sent overseas in hostile actions, after the 10th day of hostile actions, EVERY PERSON WITH A NET WORTH
OF $10 MILLION DOLLARS (in 2008 dollars) is to be drafted, made a private that is unable to advance in rank, and sent to the front lines. "Net
Worth" includes private property, and ANY "trust funds" from which the person benefits.
11) 10 days after #10 is put into effect, every person who has earned $1,000,000 in compensation in whatever form (in 2008 dollars) in the previous
year is to be immediately drafted, sent to the front lines, and may not advance in rank.
12) No person may be employed by a local, state, or federal government for more than 6 years out of any 10 year period. Soldiers in the armed forces
are specifically excluded from this amendment.
13) If a person is found to actually be innocent of a crime for which they were convicted, the actual prosecuting attorney of the case is to serve
the remainder of the sentence of the innocent person.
14) If a prosecuting attorney, or any police officer has withheld information from a person accused of a crime, the person accused is to be
immediately deemed "innocent", and all charges are dropped and they may never be tried on this again.
15) Any action that affects only the person or persons involved, with no coercion and of their own free will, cannot be classified as a crime. No
fees, fines, or restrictions will apply. This amendment is intended to make legal any and all drugs that a person would choose to ingest, as well as
to make legal any sexual services performed.
16) No drug or treatment for a disease will be allowed to be patented without a cure (NOT treatment) for that or some other disease.
That ought to do for now. If anything, I'd just settle for #1 and #9 being implemented.