It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royal Mail honours Eugenics Advocate with Stamp

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Royal Mail honours family planning pioneer Marie Stopes - but sparks outrage over her eugenics links.

.. ..see link.. ..

Royal Mail has prompted criticism by including family planning pioneer Marie Stopes in a set of stamps marking women's achievements.

The feminist is best remembered for opening the first birth control clinic in Britain in 1921.

But she is also a controversial figure who was accused of being racist and anti-Semitic.

She advocated eugenics - 'perfection of the race' through selective breeding - and disapproved of her own son's choice of wife because she was short-sighted and wore glasses.

This unnatural woman is going to be *honoured* with a STAMP?

Anthony Ozimic of the Society for the Protection of Unborn Children said: 'Praising Marie Stopes as a woman of distinction should be as unacceptable as praising Adolf Hitler as a great leader.
Both promoted compulsory sterilization and thereby the eventual elimination of society's most vulnerable members to achieve what they called racial progress.'

Sounds if she should be *honored* with the title "Mother of the NWO."

...her repeated calls for compulsory sterilization of the diseased, drunkards, or simply those of bad character. Such harsh action... Wells publicly said 'swarms of blacks and brown and dirty-white and yellow people will have to go'.

Annnnnd the UK is glorifying this woman? What am I missing here?

One commentator condemned the Royal Mail for honouring Stopes and others vowed to return their mail if it bears her portrait.

'The managers of the Royal Mail deserve to be condemned for their honouring Marie Stopes.'

I’m not going to bring up any of the *Did she love Adolf Hitler* or not.
I’ve read she did - and she didn't.
Some say she sent him poems and love letters.
Others, she sent him a book of poetry sure it would end the war.
Both megalomaniacs they’d of made a great couple but that isn’t my point.
I’m wondering who in their right mind could have authorized such an *honouring* as this?

By the by, don't anyone send me a post card from the UK ok?

[edit on 13-9-2008 by silo13]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
These ARE the great people the UK produces, period. If they had anything better they would have used it. They don't, so there you go. Enjoy.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Wow cut and dried as that huh?
I really thought this would atract a lot more notice.
A little outrage even.
But not even a sniffle.
Oh well.
Happy Posting UK!

...ugh...

join